When you were pregnant did you tell everyone it was with a mixed baby?

Forum: Interracial Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Interracial Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
missmich
I do. I'm not to sure why,but I just do.
June 22nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
No.. It's not a big deal to me though. If you think about it, we are all mixed in some way or another.. I grew up as a mixed baby (I'm literally 1/2 German and 1/2 Filipino, I'm first generation in the United States) and I was treated just like anyone else.. But people did tell me I would have beautiful babies.. They were right

June 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
missmich
I'd have to agree with those who told you that you'd have beautiful babies! Doesn't seem to matter who I tell (white or non-white people) they always say "OMG your baby will be so beautiful" or "Mixed babies are so beautiful". I wonder why people say this?

I guess maybe one reason I tell people is for a little attention in a way,especially if it's from someone from a Latino or Hispanic culture. I'm not with the Papi anymore and have no idea how often he'll be around us or what his plans are once baby is here. He lives out of town now and we haven't spoken since March. It's hard for me that he isn't around and that I don't have anyone from his culture around me as well.
June 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Super Mommy
Ha I heard the "mixed babies are beautiful" line ALL the time. I do wonder why people say that.

Thank you steph2007 for my beautiful siggy!

June 23rd, 2010, 12:36 AM
maybaby's Avatar Generally Crispy
hey mich~~
I am mixed as well (half mexican, and half jamaican) and have heard that all my life as well, 'mixed babies are so beautiful.' weird.
as you know mich, i am not w/ FOB either, and people would ask me what the FOB looks like and i would tell them. FOB is white, blonde hair, blue eyes, super tall. and then i get the mixed babies line--
i guess i told people who asked-- just about everyone, nosy.
June 23rd, 2010, 09:28 AM
belleaz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to belleaz Send a message via Yahoo to belleaz
I didnt have to they all knew my hubby is black but yep heard that line before I've used it too. My reasoning is just different makes it beautiful I think in some mixed relationships both parties families have opinions lol and to bring both "sides" together for the unconditional love of the baby is beautiful

June 25th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, but dh and I are always together. So they can see that baby will be blk and white.

June 25th, 2010, 02:44 PM
missmich
I'm not with my FOB anymore and we're never seen together since he now lives out of town,so no one would know unless they were told.
June 28th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't tell anyone, but I guess thats because everyone that was important already knew. And my DH and I rarely go anywhere without eachother.

Mich, I don't see anything wrong with you telling people. You are proud of the fact that your child will be bi-racial. And there isn't a d*mn thing wrong with that!
June 28th, 2010, 01:57 PM
missmich
My pregnancy was not planned and I lost a few friends over it,obviously not "good" friends though. I was a bit angry about it and posted something on my facebook so people could choose to use the 'delete" option if they didn't want to be supportive. I then posted something like "Single mama to be happily expecting my beautiful mixed baby" . I wanted to post it so that my FB friends would know and if they had an issue with that then they could get lost.
June 28th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
Well, I didn't go right out and say "Yo, that thing growing in my belly is mixed" but everyone knew FOB so it was already known

June 29th, 2010, 12:04 AM
missmich
None of my friends have ever met my FOB. lol We weren't together long enough for him to meet anyone.
June 29th, 2010, 02:42 AM
with my 1st everyone knew as they knew the father but i am expecting now and no one has met him yet.... i havent told anyone the news
June 29th, 2010, 09:51 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The question I usually got was "is your husband samoan?" lol, and he's not, he's hispanic/black, but he really DOES look samoan. . .Then they would ask what race baby would be considered and I always just said "other" Then Jacob was born and he is lt brown haired blue eyed boy. . .NO idea where he got the blue eyes. I expected him to have his daddy's coloring. . .you never know how baby will turn out.
June 29th, 2010, 09:25 PM
ShelliBelli's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never told anyone becauswe like yall said, everyone of any kind of importance in my life already knew. I still dont tell people unless they just ask.
July 1st, 2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmich View Post
they always say "OMG your baby will be so beautiful" or "Mixed babies are so beautiful".
Thank you for your kind words.

It's okay to be proud.. I tend to like mixed babies more, because they are unique! And your baby will be beautiful..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; July 1st, 2010 at 01:31 AM.
July 1st, 2010, 02:32 AM
missmich
My beautiful little mixed baby will also have a penis! I just found out yesterday!
July 1st, 2010, 11:30 AM
CrystalAnne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:congratulations: That's awesome! ! ! ! ! I remember when we found out about our little man, we were so excited! We planned to be surprised but he had his boy bits on display so blatantly that I saw them and knew lol
July 1st, 2010, 02:10 PM
woo hoo! Congrats! Your lil man is going to be so adorable.

Oh.. A few minutes before we found out we were having a boy, my lil A.J was giving us the middle finger in the womb.. lol

July 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
missmich
He's going to be my little Rico Suave! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search