Biracial siblings, how different do they look?

Forum: Interracial Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Interracial Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2011, 06:29 PM
sharita's Avatar Veteran
So my children from my previous marriage are mostly caucasian. I am half white, half native american, their father white. They look like me but none got the dark hair, eyes, etc.

With current DH who is black, we have one child who is now one and expecting #2 in a few months.
Our DS is a coffee and cream color with really dark chocolate hair (red tints in the sun) and dark eyes. I get asked if he is pacific islander a lot. My questions is, for those who have multiple biracial children with one father, how likely are they to have the same skin tone or hair texture?

I am so curious and eager to see what this baby looks like as its a girl so the hair thing will matter more. Do I realy wanna learn to do all that braiding? Ha!

Also me and DH just wonder if she will be around the same color as her brother or if could really go either way, lighter or darker. Also, if she can have totally different hair than brother (who has course thick but straight).

Anyone have kids who are completely different skin tones and or hair textures?

I do remember seeing a picture one time on a board with a brother and sister (white parent and black parent) where the boy had straight black hair, brown skin, and his sister was lighter with red kinky curls and freckles. So, I am thinking its possible they could look totally different but the only other friend I have with biracial kids (and same dad) has two girls that look just alike, hair and complexion.
February 14th, 2011, 06:00 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I only have one with the same father, but my cousin has 3 with the same father. All her kids have different skin/hair color and texture. It's really funny cause the eldest is the darkest (hair and skin) with the kinkiest hair, then the middle is lighter (hair and skin) with curly hair and her youngest is the lightest of them all with dead straight hair.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

February 14th, 2011, 09:09 PM
sharita's Avatar Veteran
Ha! Wow, I guess it is just a genetic lottery, lol. Just like I took after my dad's native american looks while my brother got my mother's german-dutch blond hair blue eyes and skin.
Oh well, I don't care either way, but very excited and curious to see what she looks like.
February 20th, 2011, 04:22 AM
mommyof2with1ontheway

Last edited by mommyof2with1ontheway; June 10th, 2011 at 04:39 PM.
February 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
sharita's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitysmama View Post
My kids have the same father. She has tan skin, curly dark hair, and brown eyes. He has dark hair, white skin, and blue eyes. They are both gorgeous though.
I am white, DH is black.
Aww, I bet they are both so precious! I guess it really is just a genetic lottery each time.

Student midwife and Homebirthing mama to the brady bunch! (3 boys, 3 girls)
February 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Happy Mommy
yep genetic lottery, even from my ex and his siblings they all look different and have two 'black' parents
February 21st, 2011, 12:39 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
My kids are different in little ways.. No different hair textures.. Just thick hair that grows super darn fast.. Gets kinda annoying especially with my son.. He's had soo many hair cuts now..

My son has brown hair with natural blonde highlights and my daughter had super dark brown hair..

My son is alot lighter then my daughter... My dd has a olive skin tone while my son is more white then olive.

Like you said, it's a genetic lottery.. I was surprised my German genes shined out so much in my son.. I thought they would be suppressed by my Filipino side and DH Mexican side.. (I'm half and half)

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; February 21st, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
May 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Super Mommy
My first 3 daughters are from my first marriage and look alot like me .
my 4th daughter on the other hand was from my 2nd marriage and looks nothing like me or her sisters. she looks just like her father ( he was dark skinned african american). I was worried it would bother her that she does not look like her sisters and it does not seem to. used to bother me alot though when she was little strangers would comment of how cute she was and ask if I adopted her.
June 15th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am white,hubby is mexican

My oldest is the darkest with brown hair and dark brown eyes,tanned skin.

My second is just a tiny bit lighter in hair and eyes.her skin is the same color.

my third is blonde with hazel eyes. doesnt look mexican at all.

pregnant with my fourth,cant wait to see what she looks like!
June 16th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Doodlebug06's Avatar Doodlebug
DH (korean) has 3 kids with 2 (white) women. His first two are boys. These two boys are from the same mom. The oldest looks a lot "whiter" and paler in skin but has asian eyes. The younger son has an asian complexion and asian eyes. So they look completely different.
The third child is a girl from a different woman. She looks totally asian except her body is built more "white". We are now expecting a child together and I can't wait to see what this baby looks like. I have a lot of indian in my background and irish. Some of my cousins have darker skin from the indian and some of us are ghost white from the irish. DH is full blooded korean.

I have two bio's from my ex husband who is white. So you can imagine the looks we get when we go out with ALL of our kids. LOL. Half of them look white and half look asian. And in total now we will have 6 kids. Shew.

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz

June 25th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Regular
My 4 all have the same father. The skin tone is pretty much the same with all of them. My oldest daughter has super tight curls while my other daughter has long straight hair, although depending on how she takes care of it, there can be some loose curls. The boys have the exact same type of hair.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search