Introducing Logan Allen!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Guess Who Entered Whoville? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Veteran
So my trip to L&D ended with actual delivery today. Basically little Logan inherited a good bit of impatience from me and decided he wasn't going to wait 8 more weeks. After going through shots of Terburtiline (no clue on spelling at all) and that not working, I was put on magnesium sulfate on Tuesday. That helped calm contractions but the doctor checked me and said I was pretty much 100% effaced. The magnesium made me super loopy, worst feeling ever! I barely remember Tuesday. I couldn't wear my glasses, my husband had to help me to the bathroom all the time, I had a massive headache, and if I opened my eyes everything was dizzy, so I kept looking at people through one eye. When they started the magnesium, they also gave me the first steroid shot for his lungs.

Wednesday morning (early) I got the second steroid shot and the doctor took me off magnesium and started me on procardio (I think that's it). They said they weren't going to let me go home because of how effaced I was and that they were going to monitor me at the hospital until 34 weeks. Wednesday was 32 weeks exactly for me. My husband decided to spend that night at home and I settled in to get everything ready. I'm a teacher and I didn't have my long term sub plans ready for this early, so I started getting some of those out. Well, the procardio wasn't really working, they tried more shots, but I could feel my contractions getting stronger and more frequent as the night went on.

Around 2:00am Thursday, my water broke. And let me tell you (I'm a FTM), that was so gross. I called my husband, I had to call 5 times before he answered he was so out of it at home. I then called my mom and they both got to the hospital. Because it was so early they started me on antibiotics and said they won't stop labor if it progresses, but if it doesn't progress, they would keep me on antibiotics and procardio until they needed for me to deliver. I slept a little and woke up with stronger and more frequent contractions. The doctor came around 8:00-ish and confirmed I was 2cm dilated and in labor. They moved me to the third room of my stay here at the hospital and prepared me for labor. Um yeah, not gonna lie, labor SUCKED! I was all for doing it natural, but we'd had no classes yet, nothing. I was trying to relax, but I have never felt pain like that in my life. It was horrible. Thank God I already forgot exactly what it feels like. Around 10:00-ish I started yelling for an epidural. All I could imagine was if I had to continue feeling that pain for hours, I wasn't going to make it. My husband was trying to remind me I wanted all natural and the poor guy, I just yelled, "I don't care, I want an epidural NOW!" So they ordered one and said it would be 30 minutes. I didn't know if I could make it, I kept asking Jesse how long it had been.

Well, before the epidural got here the pains were on top of each other and I couldn't breathe anymore, I was just shouting. I finally called the nurses and said I felt like I had to push. They checked me out and said I was 7cm dilated already. They called my midwife and she came in and was prepping for delivery. Thankfully the epidural came in time, and I got that in. Ah, the difference. All of you ladies who don't use an epidural, I applaud you. I don't think I will ever try all natural again. It was the best thing ever. Granted, I delivered about 15 minutes later, but I don't know if I could have done it so easily if I had been able to feel the pain. I could feel that I was contracting and I could push and all that jazz - and even felt a little of the ring of fire, but it was so muted I felt so much better.

Because he's so early they rushed him to the NICU team who got him all dolled up. He actually came out crying and flailing, which was great. They let me hold him for about a minute before he and my husband went to the NICU. I've only seen him one other time because we've had so many visitors and I've felt so disgusting that I didn't really want to walk around until I could shower. He's doing great though, they say. He was 4lbs 3 oz, 17.25 inches long. Born at 11:43am, so it was a very fast labor. He already took some breast milk (he's getting donor milk until mine comes in well enough for him to have) and even had some tummy time. He's hooked up to all the monitors, still and in an incubator, I think. They say we shouldn't expect him home earlier than 6-8 weeks, but we're keeping our fingers crossed that he stays on track to do so well and maybe he can come home earlier. I don't have any pictures yet, but here's what I posted on Facebook:

I hope the picture works. Anyways, so there's my birth story. The only thing that went according to plan was a vaginal delivery. I'm thankful that we are at the best hospital in Atlanta for babies and it has one of the best NICU's. We've had the best nurses and all that jazz. Now we have to get used to coming up here all the time to see him and read to him. I'm sure it will be hard for us to bond with him, and I'm a little nervous about it. I don't really feel like a mom since I haven't seen much of him. I'm waiting to borrow a breast pump to start stimulating my boobs, then my husband and I are going to head on up there. He's a fighter and already trouble!

I see the picture didn't work, I posted it on the facebook group. It's just buttons saying "I'm a mom!" and "It's a boy!".
January 24th, 2013, 05:36 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww Congrats! Glad to hear that even though he was early, he is still doing well and glad to hear you are doing well too, mama! Hope he continues to improve and you guys are all able to go home sooner rather than later KUP on how he is doing!!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

January 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
I'm very happy he's doing so well, I know you must have been very scared.

January 24th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds like he's doing pretty well for being early. Can't wait to see pics.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

January 24th, 2013, 05:58 PM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Wow! Congratulations, mama!!! I hope Logan continues to do well and I wish you a speedy recovery!
January 24th, 2013, 06:04 PM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
Oh my goodness, CONGRATS!! Wow, that's amazing. I am SO glad you two are okay. When you feel up to it, PLEASE post pics!!
Storm122 likes this.

~~~~
~~~~

January 24th, 2013, 06:10 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Congrats and Welcome little Logan! He sounds like he is doing great for being early! Can't wait to see pics!

January 24th, 2013, 06:11 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
CONGRATS!! I'm so glad u and baby are doing well!! I can't wait to see pics
January 24th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I'm so happy you're both okay! Welcome Logan! *huge hugs* and congratulations!!!
January 24th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Veteran
Congrats glad you are both doing well.
January 24th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Super Mommy
Logan what a handsome name Glad the little guy is doing good and I hope your feeling good as well!

Congratulations Mama
January 24th, 2013, 07:59 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats. Glad everything went good and can't wait to see pics.

January 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats! so happy your both okay!
January 25th, 2013, 02:00 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! So glad to hear that you and baby Logan are doing well. I hope that he can come home soon.

January 25th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran
Congratulations!!! Glad Mr. Logan is doing so well, hopefully you can get him home sooner than expected!

January 25th, 2013, 07:05 AM
amandabee's Avatar Veteran
Congrats! Glad he is doing so well. I love the name you picked out!
January 25th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats hun! Glad he is doing good so far.

January 25th, 2013, 07:57 AM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Mama!! I'm glad that everything is checking out well, despite how early he was. Hope things continue to improve for you and your little man

Can't wait to see some pictures!!

January 25th, 2013, 07:57 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A big congratulations!! I love his name! I hope he continues to be a tough little guy so he can come home soon, can't wait to see pics!

Its kinda funny, the way you explained the epidural is exactly how I felt too. I tried going without, but once I got it things were heavenly.

January 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures of little Logan!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search