Silas's Birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsDrew2012
  • 1 Post By RUNNER25
  • 1 Post By Athme
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Storm
  • 1 Post By Amy B.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Guess Who Entered Whoville? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 09:33 PM
On Feb 7th I went to my dr for my ob visit.. and my blood pressure was 165/110.. with plus 3 in my urine.. So they sent me over to the hospital for 24 hour collection... it came back not so hot.. and they sent me down to ultrasound and found out his bloodflow to his cord wasnt great.. which is another sign of the pre eclampsia.. so they diagonosed me with that on Friday the 8th.. so they sent me over to a hospital in Saint Louis, MO for a better neonatal intensive care.... i was going to be FLOWN over by helicopter for a 10 min ride lol.. but.. they couldnt fly that day due to low coverage.. thank GOODNESS!! This also shot my blood pressure beyond belief as well.. so i got over to the hospital in STL got hooked up to the magnesium.. which ladies, that is NO JOKE!!! it literally makes you a little weird.. well since i was hooked up to that my husband didnt leave my side for that weekend.. as we didnt know what was going to happen.. mind you at this point im 32 weeks... so i sit in the hospital with every day checks, continuous baby monitoring and all that, as they are trying to get me to 34 weeks.. so.. fast forward to Saturday the 16th.. they try to do induction.. they enter cervadil at 2:30am.. to get me softened.. they take this out at 2:30pm.. and find out im 75 percent efaced.. with no dialation so they enter in a pill into my cervix to try and get things going, they did this 2 times, with a FAIL.. at this point im on oxygen as the babys heart rate wasnt that great.. so around 4am Sunday they come in and tell me i need a csection.. at this point i was NOT scared, i was ready for it to be ALL over with.. my husband and i got dressed for surgery and headed that away.. I got a spinal block, which wasnt bad at all... and at 5:07 baby Silas was here.. he weighed in at 3 lbs 12 oz and 17 inches long. Hes doing great in the nicu.. I am doing FANTASTIC and was up walking the next day as soon as they turned the magnesium off (i had to be on it for 24 hours afterwards) and was walking to the nicu and back which was quite a haul.. but.. i def felt better to walk.. as i was on complete bed rest for the duration of my stay!! I have not used hardly any pain medication and pumping is a blessing.. it dont hurt or anything.. and baby boy is doing great with nippling that on friday when i go visit.. i will be able to put him to breast... Silas also likes the kangaroo hold, and so does mommy.. i am having a hard time today as i left my baby boy at the hospital as i got to go home.. but I know hes in good hands.. but just the idea of leaving him there argh!!! As soon as i figure out how to upload pics i will do..

February 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Congrats I am glad you and baby are doing well but that would be hard to leave him there.
February 21st, 2013, 01:17 AM
MamaYazz's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations!! Yes I'm sure it would be so difficult leaving him behind but I guess it's for the best so fingers crossed till he's able to come home with you. Wishing you all the best!!
~Love is my religion~
February 21st, 2013, 06:09 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats again! I as on mag, too, and you're right, it's no joke! I still don't think I remember everything from that day. So glad you made it to 34 weeks and I hope the little guy is able to come home soon!
February 21st, 2013, 06:55 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Congrats on your little man! I'm glad you guys are both doing great! I can't imagine how hard it is to leave him at the hospital but just know he is in good hands!

February 21st, 2013, 07:21 AM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that both of ya'll are doing well! Can't wait to see pictures!

February 21st, 2013, 07:39 AM
Yeah the mag, i dont remember much from being in the hospital.. just bits and pieces... I don't remember much from sunday other than I remember when i was on the operating table i asked if they could just do a tummy tuck while they was in there LOL!!! Thanks ladies! I can't wait for him to be home, but.. we are taking things 1 day at a time.. and.. giving him his time to grow and be healthy!!!!
NNichollaa likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad things went well after all that!

I can't imagine leaving your little guy there. but it's for the best, just remind yourself of that. I bet he'll be coming home soon. Spend this time letting yourself recover.
MrsDrew2012 likes this.

February 22nd, 2013, 03:59 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much for sharing, your pictures are beautiful by the way !
MrsDrew2012 likes this.
February 22nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
Thank you so much for posting this birth story, it was a pleasure to read, though scary at the time I bet! Welcome to this world little Silas. Hope you get to take him home soon.
MrsDrew2012 likes this.
~Dear Daughter will be 2 in March 2015~
~New baby due Feb. 1st 2015~

February 23rd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but it sounds like things are definitely looking up. Congrats!!!
MrsDrew2012 likes this.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search