Orion Reed February 24th

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By chelleb
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727
  • 1 Post By sweet.hun
  • 1 Post By kbsmommy
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Storm
  • 1 Post By KtKuKi
  • 1 Post By PrincessLou79
  • 1 Post By Athme
  • 1 Post By mikiesmom04

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Guess Who Entered Whoville? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 10:37 PM
Veteran
Orion was born last Sunday at 5:18 pm! 5 pounds 2 ounces, 17.5 inches and 2 weeks 6 days early.

My water broke with a pop that I could both hear and feel (doubt that I'll ever forget that sound!) at 7:20 in the morning. I thought I was crazy for a full 2 seconds until I felt a small gush of warm fluid. I startled my poor hubby awake with a shove and a shout before making a run to the bathroom (good thing I'd been sleeping on a towel for a few nights at that point ). Since I wasn't having any contractions, the fluid was clear and I could feel baby moving I decided to take my time before heading for the hospital. We finally left at 9:15 after I showered, shaved my legs, got the kids all ready to go to their aunt's house, and had a bowl of rice krispies.

Once I was admitted the contractions had become more regular at about 6 minutes apart. They were still very mild so I tried to rest and relax with my hubby for a bit. I was only 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced when I was first checked. After some walking the halls and an hour in the jacuzzi I'd only made it to 5 cm and was feeling frustrated that this was as far as I'd got in 6 hours. I was expecting everything to go a bit quicker since my last labor was over 7.5 hours after my water broke.

I got back in the jacuzzi and focused inward as the contractions became very intense and harder to work through. I visualized my cervix opening up and my baby moving down each time my uterus tightened. Finally the contractions were unbearable and I had a moment of panic in the tub where I was sure that I had made the wrong choice in having another natural birth. My hubby helped me out and helped me rock back and forth through the contractions as I made my way back to the room. We called our nurse in to let her know I was back and feeling farther along. The OB came with her and said that he would wait to check me until I was ready, but I didn't have a clue if I was ready and just wanted someone else to tell me what to do (I was really focused inward at this point). He said to call and he'd come back whenever I needed to be checked. As soon as he left I was hit with another contraction and felt a huge pressure near my bottom. I yelled that I needed to be checked NOW and my nurse ran out to track him down. Sure enough I was ready to push and the OB had to scramble to pull his gown and gloves on!

It took about 10 contractions spaced out over 30 minutes to push him out. The charge nurse came in and took over coaching me with some awesome relaxation techniques (melt into the pillow between contractions) and visualization (imagine him coming out in just one more push) which was exactly what I needed. Hubby was holding my hand, rubbing my forehead, and getting ice chips throughout. It felt so much better to push into each contraction than it did to try and breathe through them! I felt the ring of fire but it wasn't as painful as I had been anticipating. Then he was born and on my chest and I couldn't have been happier or more relieved to hear his cries and watch him pink up before my eyes. His apgars were 8 and 10 and I was able to hold him on my chest for over an hour before he was weighed and measured!

I can't believe he's a week old today when I should still be pregnant for another couple weeks! I'm in love and feel like our family finally has the missing piece to make us complete
Purrrrrrr and Storm122 like this.

March 4th, 2013, 06:11 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
What a wonderful story! He is a little peanut! Congrats to you and your family!
chelleb likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 08:38 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Congratulations!!!!! Your birth experience sounds like an amazing one!
chelleb likes this.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
March 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Veteran
Congratulations! I just delivered my baby natural and not by choice. I admire those who choose to do it, it's not easy!
chelleb likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
What a great story! You should post this story in the natural birth stories section of the site!
chelleb likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 07:49 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!
chelleb likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 01:09 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful birth story! Congratulations.
chelleb likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your birth story. You are one strong woman to have 2 natural births under your belt.
chelleb likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats ! He's. lil man !
chelleb likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search