Corie's Birth Story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Guess Who Entered Whoville? LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 05:11 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well..it took me awhile but I just got released from the hospital yesterday and the last thing I was worried about was getting online (lol). So I decided instead of doing homework I'd get on here and post Corie's birth story..although it isn't as exciting as someone who had a vaginal delivery since mine as planned. It's still something to read.

I went in at 4:00 am for my 3rd scheduled c-section. I got approximately 1 hour of sleep the night before because I was up reading stories and nervous/excited/scared, any emotion you can possibly think of. We had our bags packed and the baby car seat ready to go by the door and just hadn't put it in the car. We had dropped Kyra and Christopher off around 8 oclock the night before at their cousin's house to stay the weekend. Which btw I was extremely emotional about because my son has never stayed the night anywhere before and he screamed and cried for me when we left him there. I cried the entire way home. But anyways... we get the stuff packed int he car and journey off to the hospital (it was snowing outside). We get there and they check me in..get my weight..get my height...and all that fun stuff. I get into a labor and delivery room where they hook me up to the baby's heartrate monitor and contraction monitor...everything was good. While waiting I got extremely nervous and my stomach had been upset already and I ended up having the poos (sorry TMI!). After they hooked me up, and many bruises later...they finally get my IV in. The bring my husband's scrubs in there too him, and they the nurses get all my information. They ran two bags of fluids threw and some antibiotics (I didn't understand why because I'm not Rh-positive or anything). Then the anesthesiologist came in. This is the person I had been waiting for because I had had an awful experience with the anesthesia with the last delivery. I told her how I believed I felt everything and was scared to death I would this time. She assured me that she had been there for 25 years and she was really good at what she did and told me she would make sure I got to see my baby girl being born without any pain. I felt extremely calm once she told me this. They came and got me at 6:00 am and said that they were ready for me.

I walked into the OR (which was freezing, like I remembered!) They had me get on the OR table and lean over while a nurse held me and I crossed my arms. The anesthesiologist poked around at my back and I didn't even feel the numbing medicine..and she was perfect. Had the spinal in and I felt NOTHING..she was the greatest and I bragged on her the entire time I was in the hospital. The actual delivery went fast and Corie was born at 6:21 am. She had sucked in alot of amniotic fluid so even though she was crying she was coughing alot..but I got to see here and she was beautiful. 7 lbs and 1 oz, 19 inches long. The smallest baby I have had...and I remember EVERYTHING. I'm so blessed and thankful. Recovery is painful..especially with 3 children but my husband is helping out and doing almost everything. The hospital stay was nice and relaxing and all the nurses were great. Rather I am capable of having another child..I don't know I haven't spoke to my doctor but they said during the delivery he was cleaning everything up to prepare me for a 4th child..which I would like somewhere down the road..but VERY far down the road. Here are some pictures of her:

Last edited by JLNichols07; March 6th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
March 5th, 2013, 07:05 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Congrats, Mama! She is beautiful!

March 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad everything went well!
March 5th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats! She's beautiful! I hope you heal well and quickly!
March 6th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww! Congrats! You are making me very ready for my scheduled c-section next Friday.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Veteran
Adorable, congrats!

March 7th, 2013, 02:05 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad everything went well and I hope you heal quickly. Congratulations again!

March 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing your story and pictures
March 8th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats she is sooo pretty ! Love all her hair !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search