Anitha's second pregnancy journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Once Upon a Time LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
15 weeks 5 days April 12 2013
Out with the nausea in with the migraines lol. Thats how it is right now. The nausea has gone done a lot. BUT I still have the sour taste going on after eating most foods. I have migraines on and off...have one right now. But hopefully it will go away soon. So far I had one that lasted 3 days straight. I hope that doesn't repeat! My belly is rounding out and getting more noticeable
My next appointment is on April 19th. And I can't wait. I am having one niggling issue...with DD i didn't feel baby move until 16 weeks and even then it was those butterfly flutters, but this time I started feeling movement very early one at 9 weeks 5 days. But the problem is it hasn't gotten frequent or stronger. For the last two weeks, I haven't felt movement at all and it's definitely starting to worry me. I can't wait till the appt and hear the heartbeat!

April 12th, 2013, 02:09 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
15 weeks 5 days April 12 2013
Out with the nausea in with the migraines lol. Thats how it is right now. The nausea has gone done a lot. BUT I still have the sour taste going on after eating most foods. I have migraines on and off...have one right now. But hopefully it will go away soon. So far I had one that lasted 3 days straight. I hope that doesn't repeat! My belly is rounding out and getting more noticeable
My next appointment is on April 19th. And I can't wait. I am having one niggling issue...with DD i didn't feel baby move until 16 weeks and even then it was those butterfly flutters, but this time I started feeling movement very early one at 9 weeks 5 days. But the problem is it hasn't gotten frequent or stronger. For the last two weeks, I haven't felt movement at all and it's definitely starting to worry me. I can't wait till the appt and hear the heartbeat!
I was just telling hubby that I have not felt this baby in almost two weeks as well. It is sort of scary, but we both probably just need to relax... most times you don't feel regular movement until around 16 weeks. i hope your appointment goes well! (even with my second baby, who started moving at 9 weeks and hardly ever stopped my whole pregnancy, she occassionally would go a week without me feeling her) Good luck at your appointment on the 19th, mine is the 22nd and it will be the first time we get to hear a heartbeat, I'm so excited!
Anitha likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Copying and pasting my 16 week appt update:
April 19th 2013 16 weeks 5 days
I had my 16 week appt on Friday. Nothing much to report except that, since I was feeling a little anxious abt not feeling any baby movement for a while after having felt it early on, it was a big relief to hear that awesome sound. The HB was at 155 - 156

I have gained 10 lbs so far. Not bad I think

I touched on the subject of labor and delivery. This was the NP I was seeing at this appt. - I asked her if pushing positions other than the semi sitting/ on may back position would be possible and she was like, "well if you are getting the epidural, you wont have use of your legs & no other position would be feasible...but you can ask the doctor at your next appt and she might have some suggestions"

Oh well...we'll see. May be another reason not to get the epidural?? But last time, I was able to feel and move my legs and even though I didn't try I am sure I could have supported myself in a squating position... Also aren't there things called "walking epidurals" . Definitely have some questions for my next appt.

Today's update:
April 29th 18 weeks and 1 day
Well I am nearing the half way point and it seems to be going faster than ever. First things first. Symptoms.
  1. No more nausea!! Have been nausea free for atleast a week. I think I took one zofran early last week because I was feeling slightly uneasy and didn't want to throw up all of a sudden, but it was really more precautionary than anything. So woo hoo!!
  2. Occasional heartburn - nothing major...I had one very bad episode of heart burn which was soon alleviated by eating a bowl of plain yoghurt.
  3. Braxton Hicks. Now these are major. They started about a week back and they make me uncomfortable...they last for abt 10 -15 mins and occur about once or twice a day. Some days none. But I get a bit short of breath and really uncomfortable when they come. I don't remember them being this way last time, atleast not until somewhere during the third trimester. But I am not worried...yet!
  4. I think I feel movement...but not sure yet. I only felt it may be once last week. At this point I am completely questioning my early on baby movement sensations!!
  5. Almost all food except pure proteins like eggs give me a bad sour after taste still. But its nothing too bad...
  6. Migraines. I've managed to dodge those awful 48 - 72 hr ones. But I do get them occasionally especially during weekends probably because of change in routine, extra work etc.
  7. The pelvic pain has eased off this last week. But I'm sure its just a period of lull before its back again. The week before than I had some intense paina nd difficulty moving in bed. I have an appointment with the chiro on May 13th to get some work done regardless.

Thats it with the symptoms. At home we have had a momentous change. Lekha has started sleeping in her own room in her brand new twin bed!! It is both exciting and sad for us. She is being a big girl about the whole thing and is really sticking to her end of the bargain and has been sleeping through the night in her room. (she came into our room half way during the first night and then when DH took her to her room and tucked her back in she went right back to sleep!!) It actually seems harder for us than for her. We miss her But I am also enjoying finally being able to cuddle with DH again when we sleep.

That's it with the updates. My next appt with the Ob is on May 15th and I will be having the big u/s on the same day!!

April 29th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Hey I'm so glad you are feeling better! nausea SUCKS! Mine is finally letting up as well.

I wanted to chime in and say that there is a such thing as a 'walking epidural' but there are two things you need to know about it.. 1. most hospitals don't do it, and those who do still wont let you actually walk while having one in place because you are a risk to them of falling and hurting yourself.
2. you may have had a walking epidural with your previous birth if you think you could have supported yourself with it in place.
3. Even if a hospital offers it, you can't usually select your anethisiologist and depending on who you get and what mixture of drugs they use (because they are all different) you may or may not have an actual 'walking epidural'...
all these things are based off from what nurses and doctors have told me at my clients births at several different hospitals... so they may not be 100% accurate but it is my understanding.
And I highly recomend going med free if you think you are up for it.. no pressure of course, but I had pitocin with my son and no epidural, and the rush I got after he was born was just AMAZING! the pain went immediately away, and a majority of my doula clients have opted for the epidural at some point during their labor, and those who do have never told me about the rush after the baby is born... either they don't have it because they don't experience the pain, or it isn't as significant because they don't experience the pain.. I'm not really sure about it... but the mama's who go all natural and do it without the pain meds have all commented on that rush.
just food for thought. good luck at your next appointment!
Anitha likes this.

April 30th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you! That gives me an idea of what questions to ask my OB at the next visit. I truly didn't realize that the epidural uses different meds in diff places!! Ideally I want to go med free too. But just don't want to box myself into that commitment as I would feel like a failure if I had to give in. I probably will be able to go all natural if my labor is anything like last time. I was able to manage beautifully as long as I wasn't on my back. I am therefore planning to stay at home for really as long as possible!

April 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
If you have not already you should consider hiring a doula, they could help you to find other methods of pain releif when you feel you might want to give in to an epidural.. sometimes our brains are not working all that clearly at that moment and you might be able to utilize a woman who knows what it is like and who isn't in pain at the moment to give you some encouragement and help you to find new measures...?
AND... incase you are not familiar with what doulas do they are not to try to get you to have the birth THEY want... they are to assist you, and just like any OB if they don't support you then they are not worth hiring... so basically if you say "I may want an epidural" she should support that.
Anitha likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much, I will definitely look into some Doulas in my are and will also talk to DH about how he feels about it

May 15th 2013
20 weeks 3 days

Nothing much to update. I haven't had heartburn in a while. The pelvic pain is stable ie. not getting worse. I saw a chiropractor on Monday and I haven't noticed much difference yet...I want to say the pain has reduced a little bit, but I am not sure if its just normal fluctuation. I have another appt with her this Friday- we'll see. I still get the sour taste with carbs and sugars :/ Unable to go out in the heat. This last week I feel like I've gained a bit of weight...like my waist is getting fuller. My scale is analogue and can't tell much difference if I've only gained a cpl lbs. I saw on my journal from DD that I was only 136 lbs at 22 weeks!! I am sure I am more than 140 lbs now at 20 weeks!! sigh..but then again I started out at 114 lb last time and this time I started at 124 lb!
Baby is moving a lot, but still DH hasn't been able to feel it on the outside. And in other news, my big ultrasound is tomorrow!! Can't wait to confirm that Lekha is indeed having a baby sister...or my dad and MIL are getting their wish and the baby surprises us by being a boy!! I will be happy either way...in fact strangely after all my boy wishes, I am leaning towards girl now...

May 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pasting my U/S post below:

May 17 2013
I had my anatomy u/s yesterday afternoon. First off the baby is doing great. The heart, kidneys, brain spine & bone measurements were all perfect. Baby measured 20 weeks and 3 days right on target. The doctor spoke to us after the u/s and again told us the baby looks perfect and there is no reason this pregnancy should be anything other than Low risk.

Aaaaand it's a GIRL!!! She was first shy and kept her legs closed. Then when she opened it she covered up her privates with her hand Finally we got a good look I already knew this from my NT scan. Great to have it confirmed. I thought I would still have some disappointment over losing my last chance to have a boy!! BUT I didn't. I am ecstatic!! So happy that I am going to be mommy to two little princesses! DD was so excited that she got what she wanted all along - a baby sister

After the u/s we went shopping at target to make my first baby purchases. I picked up a few cute little things and then we celebrated with dinner at Applebees!!

It was a great day! I feel so blessed!

May 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
May 30 2013 22 weeks 4 days
This last weekend since we had Monday off for Memorial day, we went for a mini get away at Patoka Lake, IN and it was wonderful! Lekha had a blast at the water park and so did we. I was surprised I had so much fun what with my preggo belly and all! I was exhausted will all the running around behind DD and climbing up and down the stairs to the slide with her. She also 'went fishing' with her dad. Our cabin was cozy and comfortable and it was a nice relaxing weekend. We drove back home on Sunday night.

In pregnancy news - baby's kicks have been getting stronger and stronger. DH can feel them now and we can even see the kick from the outside sometimes! My energy level is good and I feel good. I still occasionally get the sour taste when I eat carbs and sugars, but even that is getting better. My rather expensive chiropractic appts are still going on twice a week - not sure if they are helping. But the pain isn't getting worse and the chiropractor seems to be working on the right areas.. and teaching me some good exercises. If only I was consistently doing them! I try though.

My belly is sure getting huge and weight wise my analog scale at home still says I am under 140 lbs ~136 - 138 lbs. But I look a lot bigger than that! Well its for a good cause and I hope to get it off after the baby comes. We'll see
Thats about it for this update. My next OB appt is on June 14 when I'll be close to 25 weeks

June 10th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
June 10 2013 24 weeks 1 day

This wont be a long update. Just wanted to record that for the last week or so baby's movements have slowed down a lot. Prior to that for a couple weeks there was a lot of movement and she seemed extra active. But that has slowed down. I do feel movement but only sporadically...may be she had a growth spurt while my uterus still hadn't had time to expand as quickly and she is temporarily running out of space? Also one interesting thing we observed is that with Lekha when Dh put his hand on my belly she would invariably give him a kick as if to say' take off that hand - this is my space' whereas with this little one, whenever she is moving and I ask DH to put his hand, she immediately goes quiet and goes into hiding! Definitely different peronalities already I have my next OB appt this Friday. Will post next update after that.

July 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just pasting my last few updates from the main board so that it will all be in one place.

June 14th 2012 - 24 Weeks and 3 Days
I had my 24 week appt on Friday The hb was between 145 and lower 150s. Belly/Uterus measured appropriate. BP normal. I had gained 5 lbs since the last appt . But the OB was ok with it...I spoke to the doctor about pushing positions..._ I know its early but I wanted to start some dialogue abt the whole birthing process with her. I was happy with her answers.
OB: Are you planning on getting the epidural
Me: I am not opposed to it, but last time around I only got it because I was told the pain would intensify after the water was broken which they were planning on doing shortly then and the water breaking process would also be more comfortable with an epidural and that point was the best time to get an epidural if I did decide to get one. But then I personally didn't feel like the pain was unbearable at that point.
OB: Here we try to take as much of a natural approach as possible, We let things take their natural course and don't intervene unless help is truly needed. We wont urge you to get the epidural at a certain point - like at 4 cm dilation etc. unless you ask for it and you need it. And if you do not get an epidural there is no reason why you cant push on all fours or squatting or any other position comfortable to you. I have delivered babies with moms in any of these positions. However with an epidural, even a great one, you may not have the leg strength to support your self in any other position, you can lay down on your side may be. But I dont want you to worry, you seem to have done great during last delivery being that it was your first and the baby was posterior having a vaginal delivery was a best case scenario!! I am confident that you will find this time around to be easier overall and we will let things take their own course.

I felt great at her response. With that the appt was over. She gave me a bottle of lemon lime flavored glucose test drink for next time. But I have 4 more weeks for that

June June 23rd, 2013 - 25 Weeks and 5 Days

I hit the 2 digit count down yesterday yippee!! 98 days more woo hoo its really picking up speed now!

July 11th, 2013 28 Weeks and 2 Days

My Dr.'s office called me at 2.30 PM to tell me they have to reschedule my appt tomorrow . I had the glucose test tomorrow as well. Well long story short, they finally fit me in today at 4.15!! I have work to do here that they will be sending me later today. I had to talk my boss into letting me work from home and apologized for the short notice Doctor appt. And now I am chugging the glucola. Thank God I hadn't eaten anything or snacked after lunch and I had the glucola here at work. I am a bit miffed as this is the second time they are doing this to me. And both times its been the NP who was not available. I am glad they actually got me in my with OB today...Any how wish me luck for the glucose test !

Update:
The appointment went okay I guess. Baby's heartbeat was in the 140s. My bp was 100s/65 and I had gained 3 lbs since last month's appt. I requested the OB to palpate and check baby's position and she said she'd try but she wouldn't be able to say 100% plus the baby could still very well move. She found that the baby was laying diagonally with head towards my lower right and bottom on my upper left. My guess was kinda correct.

They drew blood and also gave me the TDAP shot which I was a bit miffed about since I didn't have time to process it in my head.

Overall it was a good appt. I hope I pass the glucose screening. I did not feel jittery or nauseated or anything...not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

July 26th 2013 30 weeks 5 days

Had my 30 week appointment. BP was 100s/63. I brought up the muscle weakness, fatigue & shortness of breath that happened a few times in the last couple of weeks. As expected, my Dr. said although it does seem a bit much, she thinks its just normal pregnancy/ third trimester fatigue. She asked me tp keep track of it and let her know if it gets worse...also suggested candy, caffeine or something sweet to help give an energy boost. She measured and found the belly/uterus to be on track. Baby's heart beat was in the upper 130s lower 140s Oh and the baby is head down and facing my right as expected. Overall it was an uneventful and good appointment

ETA - They said I gained 2 lbs since the last appt which was only 2 weeks back . I noticed their scale showed 149 lbs!! The OB wasn't concerned and I am hoping the big jump in wt was because of my jeans capris My home scale shows 145ish though and I started out at 124ish on the same scale.

Last edited by Anitha; July 29th, 2013 at 09:27 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search