Dear "Bump"...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Once Upon a Time LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!
AND that means that your only a few days away from the same due date as me! We are not only going through this together but also due at the end of the month together. And that really explains why it took a while for your symptoms to kick in.
Congrats on the awesome ultrasound!

March 6th, 2013, 05:33 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know, that's what I was thinking too! I was only like 3 weeks along when I tested positive lol. No wonder I didn't feel pregnant! That's awesome that we're (almost) due date buddies! Think we will have Halloween babies? That would be kind of fun!
March 6th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I'm hoping for a Oct 30th baby, that is my mom's bday and she'd love it, but that being said I've never gone past dates. My son was 9 days early and my daughter was 4 days early (though I suspect she would have happily stayed where she was if she hadn't been encouraged to get out when she did, my midwife dated my pregnancy with her totally wrong and thought I was nearly two weeks past due)

March 11th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Happy 7 weeks little bump! Nothing new or exciting to report, I guess. We decided to tell our families on Easter, assuming the ultrasound on the 27th goes well. It will be nice to finally be able to talk about it, and not have to tiptoe around things. We're eating dinner a my sisters in a couple days, and it's going to be tricky trying to explain why I'm not drinking my usual glass of wine.
March 11th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Happy 7 weeks! I hope your dinner at your sister's goes well!

March 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Thank you! Me too! I'll post an update if anything exciting happens lol
slmehaffey likes this.
March 18th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Well today is 8 weeks! So far, so good, I suppose! I feel like I'm starting to "show" - by that I mean, I'm getting fat and having troubles sucking it in haha. I know it isn't baby yet, but I am definitely looking a little rounder in the tummy area. Maybe if I would lay off the macaroni and cheese, or the pizza, I wouldn't be so plump!

Nothing exciting happened at my sister's - my mom of course kept mentioning us getting pregnant, or talking about our "future baby." I wonder if any of them suspect anything? I bet my sister does. I told her long before we got pregnant that when I DO get pregnant, I am not going to tell anybody for a while. So I bet she has a suspicion.

Symptoms are still pretty mild, which I am super thankful for (but it also scares me a little, makes me think something is wrong). Haven't thrown up yet *fingers crossed* and have still just had mild nausea. Breasts are still tender, but not nearly as bad as they were a couple weeks ago. Definitely pretty sleepy still but nothing I can't handle. Having trouble sleeping at night, which sucks - I wake up feeling like I need 10 more hours of sleep. I still haven't really had any cravings. I guess that's good? I see some ladies on here are craving weird things already. I haven't really craved anything, or at least nothing that I just absolutely had to have right that second.

Just a couple more weeks until we tell the world! Our next ultrasound got changed to April 4, so I sincerely hope that nothing bad happens between Easter and then. It's only 4 days, but I am scared that we'll announce on Easter and then have a devastating ultrasound. I just keep praying for the Bump and doing what I can to be a good home for him or her.
March 18th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Everything sounds good to me! I'm glad that things went well with your visit at your sister's house! I'm sure your ultrasound will show a perfect growing gummy bear!

March 18th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks lady! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the ultrasound! How have you been?
March 18th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I'm about to update my picture and journal you can read that in a bit, unfortunately still feeling pretty crappy.

March 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Was just popping in to see how you were doing. I am so happy things are going well. Thank you for pretty much being the only person in this DDC that posted in my journal when I was flipping out. You are an amazing person, I will email you soon. Sorry it took so long for me to come back on to check. Sometimes, I just need to process what is going on. I wish I would have been able to stay here with you
jennyrae03 likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Sam (Hockey247), I just saw your post!!! I sent you a private message

I guess I've been doing a pretty terrible job of keeping my journal updated. Bad mommy(to-be)!

Things are going very well so far - still haven't really had any morning sickness, and have been feeling good for the most part. Seems like about every other day, I get really tired and sleep for about 12 hours.

I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago, and the baby was measuring 8 days ahead, with a heartbeat of 155. His/her little arms and legs were just flailing away inside of me, and it was so incredible to see! Of course that made me cry. I think Joel cried too but he was hiding it, in typical man fashion.

We go back tomorrow for our NT scan, so I'm pretty excited to see our little bump again! I can't wait to see how much he/she has grown! I know it's extremely unlikely, but I'm going to ask if the tech can see any hints of boy or girl yet! I'm also going to write on my hand or something to ask about the location of the placenta! I keep forgetting every appointment! lol - we'll see if it actually holds true.

We are getting closer to moving back upstairs after the remodel. The guy is supposed to come this week to do the mudding and taping for the drywall, and then we get to paint! After that, we need to hang doors, do trim, get carpet installed, and we can move back up! We still have work to do in the bathroom, but that can wait until this summer.

Overall, everything is going really well - hope it continues that way!
slmehaffey likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 12:25 PM
sounds like everything is going really well for you! and how exciting about your house getting closer to being done! You should share some pictures of your before and after I'd love to see them!

May 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Samantha...house STILL isn't done yet! haha I took a few "kind of" before pictures. I say kind of because we sort of ripped down the walls in the other 2 rooms on a whim, and I wasn't really given notice. So I took pictures of the rooms when they had no walls! lol - I will definitely take pictures as soon as this dry-wall guy is finished mudding and taping, and then will take more pictures of the end product. This guy was supposed to show up 2 and a half weeks ago, and finally just showed up 2 days ago. So frustrating!!!

Anyway, on the baby end of things. 14 weeks and 3 days today. Had my monthly appointment with the OB. Everything is going great - she used the Doppler and the baby's heartbeat was 143. It was such a relief to hear his/her heartbeat, since I really still don't feel pregnant! Glad to know there's still a little nugget in there!

I think I might have felt the baby the other night. I woke up in the middle of the night and wasn't feeling well. I went to the bathroom, and then was sitting there having one of those "I think I might die" moments, and was kind of hunched forward sitting on the side of the bathtub with my head on my knees. All of a sudden I felt the strangest flutter in my uterus area, just like a little bubble moving around! Then it stopped, and I haven't felt it since. I'm pretty sure it was baby though. It was pretty neat.
May 2nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
ooh how exciting! I have a rule of thumb that I go by for telling if baby is moving or if it is something else... if it feels like it is in or near your uterus and you don't fart within a few minutes of feeling it, it must be the baby! LOL.
YAY for progress, even if it is slow progress on the house, sorry he didn't show up when he was supposed to I'm sure that was really frustrating!

May 3rd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Ooh I have more to add! I was in a hurry yesterday and didn't get to type all of it, plus I have new news from last night!

What I forgot to add from the appointment was that I got our big ultrasound scheduled, and it isn't until June 12 I was hoping they would do it before 20 weeks, but they refused! Meanies lol. Also, I made my next monthly appointment. The doctor told me during the check-up that my uterus was really starting to rise, and "by the next appointment, you won't be able to hide that baby anymore!" hahaha. I guess I'm gonna get fat

So my new news...last night we were watching a movie, and I was laying on my side. All of a sudden I felt this HUGE flutter in my uterus. Definitely was not gas! Immediately I put my hand on my belly and was like "WHOA." Joel just looks at me like "What's your deal?" I said "Umm...I felt the baby!" He didn't believe me, and probably thinks I'm crazy. I seriously felt the baby though. It was like he/she rolled over or something. It was so awesome! I hope I feel it again soon!
slmehaffey likes this.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
that is super exciting! I have not had any seriously big movements, but have KNOWN it was baby... it is such an incredible feeling!
funny story, I was feeling where my uterus is and just marveling at how huge it is and I'm still not showing, and DH put his hand on my belly and a few seconds later he says "I think I felt the baby move, or gas." and I told him I didn't feel anything so probably he's feeling gas...lol... I WISH it was the baby and he could feel it too, but I'm fairly certain it was not.
jennyrae03 likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Haha yeah, darn that gas. Seems like there's so much of it these days... Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search