Waiting for 1st ultrasound

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NapturalBritton

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM
NapturalBritton's Avatar Veteran
Hi! Congrats everyone! Ok so this is my first pregnancy and I knew as soon as I found out my doctor would have me in basically briefing me...that so isn't the case lol.

My first appointment isn't until the end of Mar so my question is what are some ways I can stop worrying about if my "poppy seed" is alright and my body is good, etc. I don't feel pregnant because nausea, mood swings, fatigue, I get all that with my period. I'm waiting on the sore boobs because that's the only early symptom I don't get with my period lbvs.

Thanks in advance
February 24th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Hang in there! I know with my first pregnancy i went to the hospital expecting to be seen right away and they told me they didn't want to see me until week 8.

And that's when i started bawling in the waiting room. Yay hormones!

Anyway after telling a friend my experience she suggested her clinic, i found a new doctor that i loved and i believe i had a couple appts before the week 8 one.

So basically, try not to worry but if maybe "shop around" if you feel like you're not getting the care you need.
February 24th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Thank you unfortunately my options are slightly limited. I'm active duty and located in a fairly small town
February 24th, 2013, 06:25 PM
megpie
I remember thinking the same with my first pregnancy, that the drs would want to see me immediately. I was soooo disapointed that they wouldn't see me until I was 8 weeks along.

Those are the longest 8 weeks ever.

Post on JM to pass the time!
February 25th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Yep, post here, I have all sorts of ideas for distractions once we get a few members.

And count your blessings! On the UK NHS all you have in the early days is one "booking appointment" where they fill in your details and send it off to the hospital you'll be under, and from that you get your first u/s date. The first u/s is in week 12 and you have no examination or even a lab test before then...only the home pregnancy kit to go off. It is a worrying time!

All you can really do is keep yourself busy, but take good care of yourself - make sure you spend down-time resting and relaxing, and eat healthy (you'll probably feel more tired than usual and compelled to rest anyway). Take a prenatal with folic acid in to give your bean the best start. If you have no cramping or bleeding, bean is extremely likely to be fine. If you do have some cramping or bleeding, don't panic, as it's common in the early stages of pregnancy (especially light cramping and spotting), but rest up, call your doctor, and follow their advice. And think positive! You're more likely than not to be absolutely fine and you won't believe how quickly that 8 week mark will come around.

February 25th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Thank you both. I believe all will be well, but me being me still have to worry lol it's good to hear that it's normal to feel like this. Surprisingly, and I know it's still early, but the main thing I've had is the frequent urination and I'm ALWAYS hungry! Lol like always
February 25th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Like many others have said, just try not to worry and take care of yourself. I have a confirmation appointment on Wednesday, but all I'll be doing is peeing in a cup. Then I don't see my midwife until April 11! I'll be about 10 weeks along then. I could have done a couple weeks earlier, but I wanted to be able to hear the heartbeat my first appt this time.

And honestly, there really isn't much that could be done at this stage--just make sure to read up online what foods to avoid, eat healthy, take a vitamin (I still only do Women's One-A-Day because I can't handle the iron in prenatals...can barely handle the iron in the One-A-Day when I'm not pregnant), and rest if needed.

Oh, and I will only have ONE u/s my entire pregnancy (and it's actually optional, at least it was with my first), and that won't be closer to 20 weeks. So, just don't frazzle yourself. Remember, women didn't even used to have appts so often or ultrasounds!

My best advice: THINK POSITIVE. That did me a world of wonders with my first, and I am normally a pessimistic person. I think all the hormones even out my negative outlook - lol.

February 25th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Research is all I've been doing. I was never really an unhealthy eater, but I swear my refrigerator looks completely different lbvs. I'm keeping it positive and my husband, and JM, have been great helps and support.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
February 26th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
lol, my mum loves telling me about how when she was pregnant she never had a single ultrasound and in those days they just assumed all was well unless there was evidence to the contrary.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search