Working Out?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NapturalBritton
  • 1 Post By jadeunicorn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
NapturalBritton's Avatar Veteran
This is my first pregnancy and the overload of information is crazy! Lol but I've always been physically fit and now am scared to do anything besides walk. I'm wondering can I workout? Like anything would help lol I haven't done anything in a week and I'm not feeling all that great about it. The safety of my unborn child is the most important so if I can't then I can't but I'm hoping someone can personally inform me of what worked for you in past pregnancies.
February 25th, 2013, 07:11 PM
megpie
If you've had an exercise regimen BEFORE getting pg, then you will be just fine continuing it. If you've been sedentary before getting pg, then you prob shouldn't rush into a weight-lifting regimen now. :-P but by all means, yes, you can walk, jog, yoga, bike, etc.
February 26th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What she said!

You could also speak to your midwife or healthcare provider in more detail about what you'd like to do and whether it would be suitable xxx

February 26th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Agreed with the other ladies! Don't be scurred! If you've been active before, you can be active now. Just don't over do it!

I go to the gym 3 days a week and i plan to continue doing so for as long as it's ok with my doc!
February 26th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Super Mommy
Agreed! Just wanted to add that you should refrain from doing ab work or any exercise that works your stomach muscles. I'm sure that was pretty obvious to you, I just didn't want you to think you could go do crunches now even though you may have done them before getting preggo!
February 26th, 2013, 06:17 AM
NapturalBritton's Avatar Veteran
With it being my first EVERYTHING makes me nervous, but I've heard so many people say the same thing. I guess I'll give it a go today and see where my comfort level is. I'd hate to lose my shape completely there's only so much weight gain my husband would agree came from the pregnancy lol Thanks everyone
jadeunicorn likes this.
February 26th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, what everyone else has said! Don't be afraid to keep your routine going. If you're unsure of any specific exercises, though, ask your doctor.

I'm walking 4 miles a day most weekdays (shuffling daughter to and from preschool), but once the school year is done, I'll likely switch to Yoga - there are a couple good videos out there I tried when pregnant last time, and a book I own says what to avoid during pregnancy.

It is definitely good to exercise! It'll help keep you strong and likely will allow an easier labor in the long run. You being healthy = baby being healthy!
NapturalBritton likes this.

February 26th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do exercise, and was actually in the changerooms getting ready for basketball last week when I discovered that I was bleeding.
So apart from a gentle bike ride here and there, I am out. Too stressful for me to even contemplate.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search