Anyone Going to CD??

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started CDing my last kiddo at 6 months so this time I'm going to do it from the beginning...I'm excited to enhance my stash once I know what i'm having
March 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cding? What is that?

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
March 12th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
cloth diapering
March 12th, 2013, 01:44 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohhhh I was thinking about trying it . I dunno I am scared of the extra laundry I have 8 loads generally per week to do as it is

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
March 12th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Super Mommy
I have 32 of them. I use them once in a while when we're at home. Laundry doesn't bother me at all as I just throw them in the washer first and quicklu prewash them, and than add the rest of my laundry. I hand them to dry.
What I don't like about them is the fack that they are bulky.

March 12th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be, after the meconium is all gone. I started CDing my daughter at 3 months - it would have been sooner, but I couldn't handle the laundry stuff until my c-section healed. We use Bum Genius OS and Flips! I can't wait to buy more colors, but I'll likely wait until we find out the gender. I will say, even if we are having a boy, I am buying at least one or two of the dark purple diapers that they now have!

March 12th, 2013, 02:10 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes!! I'm going try to, at least. It just makes so much more sense, financially. Still deciding on whether to use disposable or washable inserts. I guess I will try both.

March 12th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think the laundry is too bad...Plus the cost of NOT buying disposables is nice on top of it you're NEVER out of diapers
March 12th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I CD'd DD from birth until potty trained, I will do it again with one but am venturing into making my own if you're interested in CDing there are a couple FB co-ops I belong to that have diapers for cheap!
Lotsakids likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I CD Marsi right now and I love it. I started hers when she was a couple of months old. I plan on CDing the next one from birth.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 12th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm cloth diapering my 20 month old already, so I don't think it'll be a big deal to CD a newborn too I'm just going to need some more diapers since I already need to do diaper laundry at least every other day, but I'll probably just go with prefolds and covers for the tiny one until s/he can fit the one size diapers

March 12th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to try cloth diapering! I think it makes more sense. I'm thinking about waiting a little bit to start because of the meconium. I hear it's not so fun when cloth diapering. I will probably have some disposables for when we need to be gone from the house for a while though.
March 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I would cloth diaper, but I don't think I want to invest the $$ in it when I can't do it once the baby goes to daycare. If I were a SAHM, I would definitely CD.

March 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Regular
I can't wait to CD! I bought TONS of new CDs for my son RIGHT before he PTd at 23 months and was SO bummed! I almost sold them off and then got pg! Assuming I have another boy... My stash is SET at over 40.

Thank you Vicki... for my amazing siggy!

March 12th, 2013, 05:34 PM
megpie
I CD'd my boys. It is cheaper ONLY if you don't get addicted to buying diapers. Some of those prints are hard to resist!
geogeek likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Classy's Avatar Love my 3 girls!
Im so excited to try CDing with this baby!! I am a bit overwhelmed by all the options so if anyone has any tips or suggestions Id really love to hear them!!
March 18th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be cloth diapering. I've cloth diapered all of mine. I just got my newborn stash back from a friend. I made newborn fitted diapers with my second (didn't know I needed newborn size for my first) and then loaned them out to so many people that they were ruined over 6 yrs of constant use. I made a new stash for my third and they have only been through 3 babies (my last 2 and a friends kid) and they are in great shape. If baby is a girl I'll make some new PUL covers in girly colors! The baby will be coming home from the hospital in cloth! My diapers are lined in microfleece and they don't stain from the meconium. The nurses went crazy over the tiny little diapers I made and pack into my hospital bag.

I want to add to my one size stash. I need to order more PUL, but will wait until I know the gender before ordering so I can buy cute colors. I don't like gender neutral. If baby is a girl then I have to decide if I care to use the perfectly good blue and green diapers I have or if I'll be OCD or have time to make all new diapers!

Cloth diapering isn't really any more laundry. I figure I can either wash diapers or wash clothes that got poop on them. I've never had a cloth diaper leak onto my babies clothing. I don't have to have a lot of clothing for my little ones and I don't have to deal with stains. Its not like I'm beating them on rocks! If you have a big enough stash, then you just do an extra load every few days. Its not a big deal for me. I'd be doing extra laundry either way!

The few times I used disposables when my kids were tiny, I used a PUL cover over the disposable to contain the mess and save their clothes. I was horrified that my explosive child would ruin my clothing while I carried her in a front pack carrier on vacation. She would have if I didn't have the covers.

Its faster to cloth diaper an infant as well. I have only had to worry about diaper rash with a child in disposables. Their skin stayed dry and healthy in cloth. No diaper rash creams needed.
March 18th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be cloth diapering. I've cloth diapered all of mine. I just got my newborn stash back from a friend. I made newborn fitted diapers with my second (didn't know I needed newborn size for my first) and then loaned them out to so many people that they were ruined over 6 yrs of constant use. I made a new stash for my third and they have only been through 3 babies (my last 2 and a friends kid) and they are in great shape. If baby is a girl I'll make some new PUL covers in girly colors! The baby will be coming home from the hospital in cloth! My diapers are lined in microfleece and they don't stain from the meconium. The nurses went crazy over the tiny little diapers I made and pack into my hospital bag.

I want to add to my one size stash. I need to order more PUL, but will wait until I know the gender before ordering so I can buy cute colors. I don't like gender neutral. If baby is a girl then I have to decide if I care to use the perfectly good blue and green diapers I have or if I'll be OCD or have time to make all new diapers!

Cloth diapering isn't really any more laundry. I figure I can either wash diapers or wash clothes that got poop on them. I've never had a cloth diaper leak onto my babies clothing. I don't have to have a lot of clothing for my little ones and I don't have to deal with stains. Its not like I'm beating them on rocks! If you have a big enough stash, then you just do an extra load every few days. Its not a big deal for me. I'd be doing extra laundry either way!

The few times I used disposables when my kids were tiny, I used a PUL cover over the disposable to contain the mess and save their clothes. I was horrified that my explosive child would ruin my clothing while I carried her in a front pack carrier on vacation. She would have if I didn't have the covers.

Its faster to cloth diaper an infant as well. I have only had to worry about diaper rash with a child in disposables. Their skin stayed dry and healthy in cloth. No diaper rash creams needed.
March 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We CD currently and will with this one as well. We won't start though until the baby is 12-13 pounds. We did Newborn sizes last time and my husband hated it. It was much easier once the baby is bigger.
March 18th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
Yep. CD my daughter from birth and will do the same with this one. We do covers and prefolds/flats in the beginning and move on to smalls and OS diapers after that. My daughter still fits small FB at almost 2 and 26lbs so I'll likely get a bunch more of those for this babe.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search