plus size mamas?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a plus sized mama but unfortunately I have to try to watch things by my intake for now. The doctor still has me on bed rest so I can't do much which is pretty frustrating. But doctors orders.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

March 14th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Plus size here...

My first pregnancy was uncomplicated and so was the delivery... I am currently trying to convince DH for a home birth because f how I was treated in my previous pregnancy...

I was told I had GD but my entire pregnancy my sugars were within normal range, I ended up being scared into having a csection and that they would have to take my daughter at 36-37 weeks because the OB feared her to be macrosomic...

Needless to say I ended up with a vaginal delivery of a 7lb babe and my water broke on its own...

I ended up doing research and found that RRL tea has a side effect of hypoglycemia and I believe that it helped with lowering my blood sugars...
March 14th, 2013, 06:10 PM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
This may sounds dumb but I'm scared I won't get a cute belly. I want a huge baby belly and I'm scared I'm too heavy to get one.

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
March 20th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a plus size momma and I was just about to get back to my cardio when I slammed into the fatigue wall then a positive test. Giving this another week to pass, then I'm back to hitting the track. With my first and second kid, I only gained 6lbs and 9lbs. I'm looking to keep that track record. I've never been this heavy pregnant before. Grrr.

Introducing the Minis

March 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
I'm 5'9" and 220lbs. Highest weight ever was 342 and lowest was 180. Hoping to get back down to the 180-190 mark after this pregnancy. I started eating paleo last month and it's helping me with my weight loss goals- my doctor has given me the go-ahead to try and lose weight while preggo as long as I'm still eating healthy & enough food.

March 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I'm a plus sized mom. I'm trying to eat better and last week our family met with a nutritionist to find budget friendly ways of eating healthy. Hopefully we can start implementing them. I'm hoping to start using our eliptical to walk once I get an all clear from my doctor. I want to hopefully not gain any weight. I want to be in better shape at delivery since it will be a csection and I want to bounce back as quick as possible seeing as I already have 2 little ones at home.

I've had a rough few years and working out has been rough. I have Fibromyalgia and when I'm pregnant is the only time it doesn't hurt me so I want to take advantage of that.

My ideal weight is 130 but I'd be happy with 150. I haven't been 130 or less since our wedding 5.5 years ago.

Right now I keep bouncing between 200 and 210. Which I've pretty much been at since the birth of my first in 2010.

So I hope by not gaining any or very little, it will be easier to lose weight after the fact.
March 20th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Super Mommy
I'm with you guys, I'm 5'4" and 190 now (though after this week I'm sure its higher than that) I can't wait for it to get warmer out so I can go for long walks with the dog. Eating healthier is definitely a must as is cutting out sugary drinks, I've been on a water and lemon juice kick lately which is good and my work keeps me on my feet a lot so hopefully that will keep the lbs down. It helps that DH is on the health kick with me.

March 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyMolly View Post
I'm with you guys, I'm 5'4" and 190 now (though after this week I'm sure its higher than that) I can't wait for it to get warmer out so I can go for long walks with the dog. Eating healthier is definitely a must as is cutting out sugary drinks, I've been on a water and lemon juice kick lately which is good and my work keeps me on my feet a lot so hopefully that will keep the lbs down. It helps that DH is on the health kick with me.
I was a coca cola addict. Prior to getting pregnant I had just started on a medication and it made soda taste awful for some reason. I'm happy that's one hurdle gone!

Keep up the good work on water and lemon juice!
March 20th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Put yourself on a diabetic diet! I'm average and gain 15-20 lbs a pg. I end up weighing less when I go home then I started. I would stay away from artificial sweeteners though. Not good for a developing baby or yourself.

It helps if you have a support team. My DH isn't that person. He has gained as much as me every pg because he cheats! He is going to try to be good this time as he was working on loosing weight the last few months and has been successful.

I'm not actually diabetic, so my version might be a little different than someone with a diagnosis. I don't eat any refined sugar. None! No white/refined flour. I will eat whole grains, but in moderation with protein. I eat a variety of proteins and lots of veggies. At least one salad a day. Fruits only with a meal. I'm a big believer in bit C fruit with iron rich foods to keep anemia in check.

It sounds restrictive and honestly it is, but I feel great and only have to worry about ab tone. I go right back into my pre pregnant clothes. My mother gained 60+ lbs each pg and I never want to deal with that! I do have aversion to the smell of sugar while pg which helps lol! I'd do my healthy diet anyway though.

If you can't go cold turkey, try dropping one food every week and replacing it with a healthy food habit. Treating your body well will help your baby and your birth!
March 20th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Double post

Last edited by LABs; March 20th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
March 20th, 2013, 05:44 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I'm a plus size Mama. Last year I lost about 60lbs, and gained a little back toward Aug/Sept (after spraining my ankle during a training session) in December I got back into it. I lost pretty well during Jan and the first half of Feb, but then it just slowed down... for like 3 weeks mid feb-1st week march. I was so stressed about it, b**ching at my trainer that I wasn't paying to not hit goals, blah blah blah. SO I totally skipped out on the gym during the 2nd and 3rd week of March blaming my trainer. I wasn't gaining, but wasn't losing what I should have been and I was so mad! Well, now I think I know why I stopped losing so quickly...

Don't worry- I called and gave my trainer the heads up about it not being her fault! haha
shana1979 likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Regular
I am 5'3 and 168. I want to keep my weight gain under or at 20 lbs but not sure if I can do that with twins. I am very nervous about weight gain. With my daughter (May 2010 baby) I started out at 157 but was pretty fit and ended at 172. By my 6 week check up I was 155 but the weight started piling on and I got up to 175. Right now I am too sick to worry about what I am eating. I will worry about it when the moring sickness subsides and my appetite is back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search