How soon were you able to test? **NEW here**

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM
mommykristina's Avatar mommy to 3!!
Send a message via AIM to mommykristina
I'm new around here, in this DDC of course, I don't have a positive HPT, but for the past week i've had very sore/tender breasts, I don't really feel any sickness, I have 3 other children, I know it sounds silly not knowing after 3, but this is just completely odd to me! The last time i had tenderness was when i found out I was pregnant with my 3rd, but as soon as i took a test, i got a positive right away, I have taken 2 HPT's and both have come out negative, I have also been taking birth control pills, b/c obviously i wasn't planning on another, least not yet. But i'm wondering if possibly i'm just taking it too early or is it all just in my head? :/ I have gained a lil bit of weight, which is upsetting, but idk i'm just at a loss for this, and mind you, I haven't had a period yet this month, I'm sure i won't expect it for another 2wks, if it ever comes. HEEEEELLLLP! lol. I'm going insane over here!

March 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Super Mommy
I wouldn't expect to get a positive HPT until around 4-5 days until your period is due. I got a VERY faint line around 10 days post ovulation, and then a digital worked on 5 days before I expected my period!! They won't show a positive until your body is making HCG, and that can't happen until implantation occurs! Keep testing!

March 18th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
When was your last period? The symptoms you're mentioning could be progesterone which happens with and without pregnancy. I hope you get a positive soon if that's what you're after

March 18th, 2013, 03:04 PM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
I got my bfp 12 dpo and didn't get a pos digi til 16 dpo.

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
March 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a negative test 9 days after I ovulated and 10 days after I ovulated but then got a positive on day 11. So you could still be pregnant, you just have to keep testing or wait until AF shows. GOod luck!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauruh View Post
When was your last period? The symptoms you're mentioning could be progesterone which happens with and without pregnancy. I hope you get a positive soon if that's what you're after
I had an odd period last month, but I only say i haven't had it this month b/c It usually doesn't happen until about between Day 25-27 in my BCP pack. But i find it odd that i would have tenderness at all, this isn't usually normal for me. And it was a sure sign with my 3rd baby right away lol.

March 18th, 2013, 03:14 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
As I wasn't tracking my ovulation, I don't really know what DPO I was at. I got a verrry faint line on an IC test then a nice line on a FRER at 3 days after my missed period.

Good luck, I hope you get the results you're looking for!!

March 18th, 2013, 03:19 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If your on b/c, and have not missed any pills, chances of becoming pregnant are extremely small, less than 1%. The b/c itself can cause your breast tenderness that you are explaining. Good luck to you, I hope you get the answer you are looking for!
Lotsakids likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 18th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
You're too early yet sweetie, test again a little closer to when your period is due.

March 18th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Like Lori said, the bcp alone could be causing the symptoms.
Goodluck, I hope you get the answer you're looking for.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
March 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's probably too early but you could be pregnant or it could just be the BC pills causing tenderness. My cousin takes her BC consistently and has gotten pregnant twice while on the pill so it happens.
March 18th, 2013, 04:02 PM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea when I ovulated but I did not get a positive hpt until 3 days after my missed period, and the line was very light.
I think it would be best to wait until you actually miss your period, or sometime close to when you would expect it.

March 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto what everyone else said. I hope things work out how you would like them too!
March 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
With this one, I tested the morning my period was due and it was negative. I tested again a couple days later when it still hadn't shown up and it was positive Sometimes you can get a positive test very early, and sometimes not until you're pretty late. It's not a sure negative until AF shows up!

But if you're on BC and you've been taking them regularly and your only symptom is sore breasts, I'd try not to freak out about it too much. It could just be normal hormonal stuff causing the tenderness. If you're not expecting AF for a couple more weeks, could you be ovulating right now? That can cause some symptoms sometimes.

March 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Thank you everyone! I guess we will see the end result in a few weeks while i wait for AF to show up, i had a very odd irregular period last month that i even had checked out by ultrasound, so maybe my body is just wanting to play tricks on me! But we sure wouldn't be disappointed if we got a positive! My husband thinks i'm overthinking about it b/c I swear my birth control pill packs i got for these last 2mths are just weird, only b/c of the tenderness, eating more, way more tired, a lil weight gain, all things i usually normally have to deal with it! lol.BUt we'll see thank you everyone and congrats!

March 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got a faint FRER at 10DPO but AF was already 3 days late by then (late ovulation).

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search