Ugh...I have a stinking cold :(

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 06:29 AM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I hate being sick while pregnant because, aren't we sick enough already? I somehow caught a cold and I'm just miserable. I didn't get very much sleep last night because I was so stuffy. I can't even take anythign for it either, I just have to suffer through it.

I think Lindsay (Lindz253) has a cold, don't you? Are you taking anything for yours?

March 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes and I am miserable! I am sitting here breathing through my mouth because I am so stuffed up. Im not taking anything because I don't know what to take and Im just so nervous about everything as it is I don't want to risk taking anything.

Just trying to drink lots of vitamin C and rest as much as I can. Which is hard because I feel drained off all energy 24/7.

I hope you start to feel better soon!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a bad cold with ds in 1st trimester I was able to take robo DM for my cough and tylenol :/ I hope you feel better guys!

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

March 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yea, tylenol does nothing for me so I don't even take it anymore.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 20th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you both aren't feeling well!
You can get a saline spray for your nose to help clear it out. It'll help you not be so congested and the salt kills off some of the bacteria in nasal passages. It usually helps my colds go away faster, and you're not taking any kind of med. So that's just an idea that might help. You can also just use salt water at home if you're comfortable doing that.
Feel better soon!
March 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I've got a neti-pot, which I might break out tonight.

Other than my cold, I'm actually feeling a lot better as far as my nausea is going. We had a tailgait themed potluck at work today and I totally pigged out. I ate every type of dip imaginable. Lol.

March 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
double post

Last edited by Txmom4; March 20th, 2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: double post
March 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a horrible cough/cold with my youngest DS at delivery, it was so bad and I had a c=section, I thought i was going to bust every time i coughed. He ended up getting RSV a couple of weeks later and back in the hospital. I also remember having a ton of sinus crap with my DD, seemed like I was sick my whole pregnancy. Call your doc and see whats safe, I know there are safe meds you can take.

March 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm glad the nausea is giving you a break at least! I had a cold about the time I found out I was pregnant, and I wasn't about to take anything for it. I know how you feel. It's pretty miserable.
March 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziequep View Post
I've got a neti-pot, which I might break out tonight.

Other than my cold, I'm actually feeling a lot better as far as my nausea is going. We had a tailgait themed potluck at work today and I totally pigged out. I ate every type of dip imaginable. Lol.
I LOVE appetizers and dips. I could eat a bunch of apps for dinner and be the happiest person ever!

Im glad your nausea is better!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
ugh! no fun! I hope you ladies are feeling better soon but at least your nausea isn't bad!

March 20th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was given Claritin during my first pg. Is it still considered safe?

Benadryl is safe, but I don't know if it would help. I lived on it my last two pg. I'm allergic to carrying boys lol! Broke out in hives all the time.

I think Sudafed is safe. I'm pretty sure my OB let me have that for nasal congestion.

I'd call and talk to the nurse at your drs office. They will have an up to date list of meds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search