Scary test results

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Regular
When my son was stillborn in October i had a series of tests and had no answers, well my dr called yesterday and said she just got the results of the last one and I have a blood clotting disorder (cant remember what she said it was exactlly) anyway that is the reason I lost Henry and it definely increases my chances of losing this baby too. I will have an ultrasoumd next week and if everything is good i will start treatment of daily injections and pray for the best. Freaking out right now!
March 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HUGS at least there are answers and can be managed closely with your doc...Thoughts and prayers for you for a hh 9 months
March 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ask them if you can start taking baby aspirin in the meantime. So sorry for your loss.
March 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for your loss! I think I've heard of this, people have to take heparin and usually ends ok.

March 20th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss of your son in October! I'm praying for you and I hope all goes well with this pregnancy!
March 20th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I hope that they have caught it early and you are able to carry to term! Try to stay positive. I hope the treatment works!
March 20th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know it sounds scary but try to be happy they found the reason and there is something you can do about it. I had testing done when I lost my baby boy and they couldn't find any reason for it. I wish we could have found something so I know a plan to fix it so it doesn't happen again.

Hopefully the medicine does the trick for you! And Im so sorry for your loss.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Good luck with this pregnancy, I don't know much about that, but having a chronic disease myself (hashimoto's thyroid disorder) and increased risks because of it, I can definitely relate to all the stress and worries. All we can do is relax, take care of ourselves, be proactive with our health, and try to enjoy this process, as scary as it is. Best of luck, let's hope we both make it to the 9 month mark!
Sara
March 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything is okay so far, and your doctor can help you manage it so you can have a healthy baby!
March 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Hun I'm sorry you've had a rough go but let's keep your head up the best you c,n and try to stay positive about the future! I hope your dr can help you this time!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
March 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I hope the injections help you and the baby.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
March 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Prayers for you, luv.

Introducing the Minis

March 20th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a clotting disorder as well...and we believe that to be the reason we lost Kayden. The name of the disorder that I have (there are several) is MTHFR and I have been on Lovenox injections since we decided to start ttc again. My doc also wanted me on baby aspirin but I'm unable to take that b/c of gastric ulcers. Many many women take lovenox or heparin injections during pregnancy. It really isn't that scary after you do it the first couple of times!

March 20th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Regular
Thanks, i hope I am freaking out over nothing.
March 20th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Just wanted to offer some *hugs*. Hang in there and i am sorry for your loss.

March 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedricsmama View Post
Thanks, i hope I am freaking out over nothing.
Its natural to freak out when you learn about news like that and especially if you have suffered a loss you don't want to have to go through that again. Hopefully you can be ok with it after you have time to digest the news and feel comfort in the fact that you are able to "fix" the problem that caused your loss and now you will be able to have your rainbow baby.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
((Hugs)) hope you can get everything figured out to have a happy and healthy 9 months
March 20th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I have two disorders (MTHFR and Factor IV Leiden) and am on baby asprin and Lovenox during pregnancy. My first pregnancy after learning about this disorder (after 3 miscarriages) was super stressful, mostly because I was very worried about not having a successful pregnancy. I was followed by a high-risk doctor and had frequent ultrasounds (at least monthly, sometimes more) to check for clots, blood flow between the placenta & baby, etc. It all worked out in the end and I was much calmer during my second pregnancy. You might want to get a referral to a hematologist who can follow you and check your clotting levels on the lovenox during pregnancy - that provides some peace of mind. Also ask about being followed by a perinatologist. It is really really nerve-wracking but now that they have figured out the reason, the meds we use to prevent clots really work. I hope things go well for you - good luck!
March 20th, 2013, 05:13 PM
robynpuff79's Avatar Veteran
Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search