I'm afraid

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Txmom4
  • 1 Post By outtheblue
  • 1 Post By LABs
  • 1 Post By Mana
  • 1 Post By chelseamb
  • 1 Post By SpankyMagoo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
of being disappointed. A lot of people have been saying they feel like we're having twins. And I'm perfectly fine with the idea (of course I say that now, but if it were to be true I'd freak, I'm sure!) but I kinda want it to happen and I'm afraid I will be disappointed when we go to the U/s and theres only one lol No matter what if there is 1-3 and they have heartbeats I'll be SO happy. I just want a healthy happy baby. We tried for so long and I honestly thought it would never happen. So I'm really grateful and so happy. But I am still scared in the back of my head Ill be a little disappointed. Does that Make sense?

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
March 21st, 2013, 11:24 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get it, I always thought it would be cool to have twins, I had twin brothers. But at this point I will flip if I have twins because I only have 7 seats in my van, and I would not have enough seats for our whole family lol and I JUST bought this van, im not giving it up!
avaught likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM
I'm dying for a 3rd row SUV and it would make the BEST excuse as to why I need one

March 21st, 2013, 11:38 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It makes sense! I'm scared of bring disappointed too

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
March 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, I know what you mean. Before I got pregnant, I thought I'd be so disappointed if we weren't have a boy, but I have basically convinced myself we're having a girl and I've allowed myself to get excited by planning for her and shopping online. Then again, my instinct could be wrong, lol.

I'd be shocked if we were having twins, though it's possible. My sister was pregnant with twins (though one passed while in utero).
avaught likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand you.

I deep down want twins... It was like when we had DD we wanted a boy and turns out a girl, we were let down but everyday that that I felt her move, kick, hiccup I loved her more and more...

There will be a little disappointment but overtime it won't even matter and once babe is here it will be awesome!!
March 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM
We've just had a LOT of people say it to us. that have no idea of our history (that we were on clomid, however, only the lowest dose) I've also decided this one is a boy so I won't get disappointed when its not a girl lol

March 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Before we got married, we agreed on having 5 and if we were meant to have 6 the last pg would be twins. Its always been funny until now. I have no reason to expect twins. That said I think I'll be a little disappointed either way. I have two girls names picked out! It would be sad to not use one of them. The idea of carrying and then taking care of twins is daunting. I'm choosing to not drive myself insane and try to go with the flow, but those little thoughts keep creeping in! I can't change what's already happened. I'm along for the ride at this point!
avaught likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I totally understand. I was a little disappointed that my first was a single baby and not twins. People kept joking about it, and I thought it would be cool to have two kids all at once, get it all over with and be done! It's normal to be disappointed if something you're hoping for doesn't happen, but it doesn't mean you're any less happy with what does
avaught likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaught View Post
We've just had a LOT of people say it to us. that have no idea of our history (that we were on clomid, however, only the lowest dose) I've also decided this one is a boy so I won't get disappointed when its not a girl lol
I've decided mine is a boy as well lol for the same reasons. Although I keep saying " she and her" and correct myself because I don't want to get my hopes up.
avaught likes this.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
March 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
NapturalBritton's Avatar Veteran
I'm actually feeling a little opposite. I've had a few people tell me I'm having twins for one reason or another and honestly I really don't want twins. I mean if it were to happen I know, eventually, I'll be happy, but just the thought...I'm barely confident I'm ready for 1 but 2 at the same time oh goodness no lol My u/s is Monday so we'll see...
March 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Personally I think it's a little odd, & not to mention unfair when people comment that they think someone is having twins.
My MIL used to do it with every pregnancy I went through. That said Dh has younger twin brothers, & I had older twin brothers, (one has passed away.)
We only ever had one twin pregnancy & it resulted in a singleton.
I was very much hoping this time that there would be just one, & there is

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 21st, 2013, 05:45 PM
Haha I know I agree it is unfair. We don't Have any twins in our family ( that I can think of) so I know there isn't much of actual concern for it and of course I will be so happy to see a baby I won't care. I'm just ready for my ultrasound

March 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a lil dissapointed! You can hope for something, it doesnt mean you wont appreciate your lil one(s) either way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I always hate when people guilt others for having gender disspointment and say "why cant you guys want a healthy baby?" OF COURSE they want a healthy baby! No one is thinking "Wow, I want a girl so badly, Ill take a sick girl over a healthy boy!" Ridiculous.

SAmre thing goes for you! You will love that baby no matter how many there are, so there is nothing wrong with hoping.
avaught likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean. I want twins too (had a vision a few years back of twin girls to complete my family). I have a feeling that's a real possibility this time for some strange reason and I, too, am afraid I'll be disappointed to see just one or later to see a boy. Ultimately, I want a healthy pregnancy resulting in a healthy child(ren); I just can't help but say she when I speak of this not yet human that's being formed. lol

Introducing the Minis

March 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyMagoo View Post
there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a lil dissapointed! You can hope for something, it doesnt mean you wont appreciate your lil one(s) either way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I always hate when people guilt others for having gender disspointment and say "why cant you guys want a healthy baby?" OF COURSE they want a healthy baby! No one is thinking "Wow, I want a girl so badly, Ill take a sick girl over a healthy boy!" Ridiculous.

SAmre thing goes for you! You will love that baby no matter how many there are, so there is nothing wrong with hoping.
This made me cry. lol maybe its my hormones but thank you for this!

I'm glad we all are afraid of feeling disappointed. I def won't tell anyone if I do feel disappointment because I don't want them to be like ugh geez.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search