Had my first official Dr's appointment, there's a SCH.

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LABs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
X-posted to both Due Boards. I don't usually cross post between the two, but I needed to post it to both, so I hope no-one minds

So I had my first official appointment yesterday, & as he said he would, my Dr did an in-house scan. Almost as soon as he started the scan he asked whether or not I had had any bleeding, (I had, & I'd already seen him about it 3 weeks earlier.) He then said that there was a Subchorionic hemorrhage (Hematoma.)
He didn't give me a lot of information about what it was or what that would/could mean, so I've had to do my own research.
Baby was measuring 7 weeks, 2 days. So 6 days behind my period dates, & a week behind what the Dr had down initially. No major drama, as I thought it might be out by a couple of days. A week isn't quite possible. That said he isn't going to change my dates yet, because the in-house machine isn't always exact, & they will re-check them when I have my 12 week scan.
He gave me a script for Maxolon, & if that doesn't help, then I can be scripted something stronger.
So all in all a bit of an up & down appointment.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 21st, 2013, 03:47 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it was so up and down I hope they giv you some solid answers or your 12 week appt

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
March 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad he was able to figure out why you had been bleeding, and do something for it!
March 21st, 2013, 03:56 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its sounds like a decent appt! You got to see the baby and h/b, Im assuming? If you dont chart your cycles, it sounds like this is a pretty normal occurance. (msp). As for the SCH, depending on how big it is, it usually resolves before your 20wk appt. If you have not spotted/bled for over 3wks, sounds like hopefully its not that big. Mine is pretty small (1cm by .50cm) and I have been spotting red, brown and pink since wk5, and I probably will until wk10 again like last time. Usually its just "pelvic rest" (no uterine contractions allowed) and they are pretty harmless.

Hoping that your 12wk scan gives you more info on both the sch and dates. Did he give you a pic?

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 21st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad they found the cause of the bleeding! All my babies have measured small in the first trimester. Not sure why. They catch up by 20 weeks and come out average weight/height for gestational age. My last baby dated conception after I had a BFP and I was 100% certain on the day he was conceived. I was glad I had blood work at 4 weeks as it confirmed my dates. Otherwise instead of being 2 weeks early, he would have been 5! He was my smallest baby as he was early, but came home with me the next day very healthy.
Lotsakids likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im glad you found the cause of the bleeding and that everything seems to be going well!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 21st, 2013, 07:16 PM
megpie
Won't it resolve itself??

I just saw this on JM today:
Subchorionic Hematoma
March 21st, 2013, 11:57 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
megpie - Hopefully it will. I believe there is about a 10% chance of miscarriage with SCH. So that's a bit unnerving. But the vast majority of them heal on their own before 20 weeks.

Lori - I was charting this cycle. No temps, but I was using opk's. I had no signs of O at all, but have been having regular 30 day cycles for the last 8 months. We also only DTD twice, so I know that I couldn't have gotten pregnant 8 days later. A couple of days if O was late, (which is what I was thinking,) but 8 days is a bit of a stretch

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 23rd, 2013, 04:13 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
There's actually a new article about SCH right here on JM if that's any help:
Subchorionic Hematoma

It's always nerve-wracking to find out about a complication. The likelihood is it will heal itself but I understand it's hard not to worry. Rest up and I'll be thinking of you. Xxx.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search