Confessions!

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
We had a thread like this in both of my other DDCs, and it was always fun! This is the thread you can come to to confess! Anything you wanna get off your chest during your pregnancy! I'll start!

With my 1st pregnancy, I worried constantly about all the things I heard you shouldn't eat. My 2nd pregnancy I was a little more laid back, and this go 'round I have been HORRIBLE at following the rules!!! I've been craving strong and salty soft cheese like Blue and Feta almost daily, and have indulged every time! (I did warm the blue cheese before I smothered my hamburger and chips with it...). I've also had soft serve ice cream a couple times. I also tried to avoid bacon and hotdogs during my first pregnancy because of all the nitrates, but I've had both already! LOL! It's funny how much you learn to relax!! The only things I absolutely will NOT cheat on is alcohol and medication!
LuckyCharm and Classy like this.

March 26th, 2013, 08:42 AM
avaught's Avatar mama to sweet 3 yr old
i've had soft serve and hot dogs too lol are we not suppose to? I've never heard that before lol

Thanks Tasha for my Blinkie!!
March 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Super Mommy
Yea the soft serve concern isn't from the ice cream itself, but the machines have been known to carry listeria from poor cleaning. I just try to stick with places I feel are clean and safe. The hot dog concern is just from the nitrates. There are hotdogs you can get now that are nitrate free, and honestly I think MOST of the "no no" foods are fine in moderation!
avaught likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hot dogs I've heard of but not soft serve....I can't even look at hot dogs right now
March 26th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Super Mommy
oh, and I forgot about lunch meat! I avoided it like the plague with my first because it was one of the very few things my OB actually told me not to have. I have already eaten it 3 times this time...
The Aubrey and avaught like this.

March 26th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You so bad :wink: just kidding...I've had it once but honestly all meat makes my stomach turn right now
March 26th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I think that the soft cheese thing is only for unpasteurized cheeses, but pretty much anything you get in the US is going to be made with pasteurized milk unless you're looking specifically for something raw.
Classy likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
OMG I WANT A TURKEY SANDWHICH SO BAD RIGHT NOW! This will be the first question I ask my dr..
LuckyCharm likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaught View Post
OMG I WANT A TURKEY SANDWHICH SO BAD RIGHT NOW! This will be the first question I ask my dr..
Eat the sandwhich. If you are really worried microwave the meat for a few seconds.

I won't lie. I've ate every CARB in sight. I know that I will have gestational diabetes again (had to two times already) so I am cramming in all my pasta until the doctor says no more.
avaught likes this.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

March 26th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamNick View Post
Eat the sandwhich. If you are really worried microwave the meat for a few seconds.

I won't lie. I've ate every CARB in sight. I know that I will have gestational diabetes again (had to two times already) so I am cramming in all my pasta until the doctor says no more.
I'm at work or I so would lol DH bought soft bread and some turkey the other night and I have been so good at avoiding it lol

I have also been having carb induced comas lol I have a feeling I could develop GD during this pregnancy and I'm taking advantage of what I am allowed to eat right now lol

March 26th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Oh, I forgot my confession! I just ate cookies for lunch

March 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I had chips for breakfast

March 26th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just finished my second huge cookie. It didn't even sound good but we don't have much food in my house.

With both my girls I craved tuna sandwiches from this local sandwich place we go to eat all the time. I tried to do the one fish a week rule and did with my first but with my second I ate tuna sandwiches all the time. Now that I know the organic section has low mercury tuna if I crave it with this pregnancy I will just buy that. Im really craving sushi and might have some Friday night when I go out for a girls night dinner.
avaught likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 26th, 2013, 09:20 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still drink caffeine but stay under recommended mg
LuckyCharm likes this.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

March 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz253 View Post
I just finished my second huge cookie. It didn't even sound good but we don't have much food in my house.

With both my girls I craved tuna sandwiches from this local sandwich place we go to eat all the time. I tried to do the one fish a week rule and did with my first but with my second I ate tuna sandwiches all the time. Now that I know the organic section has low mercury tuna if I crave it with this pregnancy I will just buy that. Im really craving sushi and might have some Friday night when I go out for a girls night dinner.
With both of my girls I think all I ate was tuna. Maybe it is a girl thing.
Lindz253 likes this.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

March 26th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All right here are my "confessions" I drink at LEAST 2 cups of coffee a morning...and I still take baths and will through my whole pregnancy...I have HORRIBLE back problems so it helps with the pain
avaught likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I have a large dr pepper every morning from mcdonalds. and I just googled it. there is roughly 123 mg per 36 oz and a large is 32 and then there is a crap ton of ice.. so I feel a little better about it.

March 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I totally just ate pretzels and Goldfish crackers for lunch! I can't give up my coffee but try to stick with just one or 2 cups a day, and I totally want to eat bleu cheese on everything. When I try to be good and eat something healthy I want to cover it in Bleu cheese dressing! My big confession is that I am totally going to suck up every opportunity to relax and be SPOILED this time around! I worked through all 3 other pregnancies, and this time I am a SAHM. I am going to nap guilt free, enjoy having hubby run to the store for every craving, and this might sound crazy, but I'm actually looking forward to my "vacation", as in getting to stay at the hospital for a few days and have the nurses there to help me, bring me food, and not think about the mess/laundry that my hubby and 3 kids are creating in my house while I'm there

March 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymom03 View Post
Yeah I totally just ate pretzels and Goldfish crackers for lunch! I can't give up my coffee but try to stick with just one or 2 cups a day, and I totally want to eat bleu cheese on everything. When I try to be good and eat something healthy I want to cover it in Bleu cheese dressing! My big confession is that I am totally going to suck up every opportunity to relax and be SPOILED this time around! I worked through all 3 other pregnancies, and this time I am a SAHM. I am going to nap guilt free, enjoy having hubby run to the store for every craving, and this might sound crazy, but I'm actually looking forward to my "vacation", as in getting to stay at the hospital for a few days and have the nurses there to help me, bring me food, and not think about the mess/laundry that my hubby and 3 kids are creating in my house while I'm there
Oh I eat up all the laziness I can....I am in school so when I come home I'm in my recliner and doing nothing....Right now I'm on spring break and it's Pj's or sweats and lots of TV and keeping pace with my 3 year old but he loves to cuddle bc of me being in school all the time
March 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I read that lunch meat was considered ok now. Not sure if that's true of not

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search