Curious 6 year old

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TeamNick
  • 1 Post By LABs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dd asked how babies come out so I let her watch a baby story....Nothing to crazy but I explained how baby's come out a a mommy's private parts and she asked how so I let her watch....Surprisingly she was good with it and now having a baby later this year won't freak her out
March 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good
It's amazing how well kids adapt

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
March 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Super Mommy
My oldest DS is in love with all babies. He was very curious about this one and since he's getting older and understands more we let him watch a kid friendly movie about the birthing process and we found a neat online book about where babies come from. I was amazed just like your DD how easily they get it and I think by letting him watch the movie it avoided the 1000 why and other questions that come simultaneously along with curiosity.

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
March 27th, 2013, 09:22 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolicemansCowgirl View Post
My oldest DS is in love with all babies. He was very curious about this one and since he's getting older and understands more we let him watch a kid friendly movie about the birthing process and we found a neat online book about where babies come from. I was amazed just like your DD how easily they get it and I think by letting him watch the movie it avoided the 1000 why and other questions that come simultaneously along with curiosity.

Do you have a link of the book and the name of the movie?

I totally failed the "talk". My DD is five and I panicked and went off on some strange tangent about seeds and growing into flowers. Now she is all kinds of confused. I need something age appropriate to fix the mess I made.
StacieRN and avaught like this.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

March 27th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
The book was called "Welcome with love" and the movie was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZ5z6RB06c&noredirect=1. It was one of the least graphic ones I could find (my version of kid friendly)

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
March 27th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My youngest was just shy of six when my first son was born. I started out tame and soon she was watching no holds back homebirth videos. She loved them! Both girls stood at my feet and watched their brother be born! They were there for the next brother too. I just followed her curiosity and she was an addict! My oldest watched a few videos and loved her brothers births, but wasn't hounding me for more. It's a great education!
PolicemansCowgirl likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Schofield06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love this! These are great ideas for later for me!
March 27th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I let my DD watch A Baby Story when she was younger and it scarred her for life!!! No seriously she was like 4 when she watched it and she's almost 14 now and is still completely adamant she is NEVER having children!

March 27th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Nova is pretty young, but I'm going to start showing her some birth videos (human and animal) so by the time it happens for me she's used to seeing it. I probably wouldn't if I wasn't planning on having her around when I deliver, but that's one reason I'm having a home birth, so she can be there too. But I'll be picking peaceful home birth videos, no screaming and cursing and terror in a hospital like I was scarred with in sex ed classes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search