Is it too early to announce your pregnancy

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mommyto4navybrats

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Hey Everyone

Congrats! We're all pregnant!! This is very exciting news to many of us however I was wondering if it was too early to share the news with anyone other than the child's father. Naturally, I want to tell family members and friends that there will be a new addition to the family but I'm scared of what will happen if I miscarry I would hate to have to go back and tell everyone the horrible news or have everyone asking about a baby I no longer will have. Have any of you told family and friends? If so, how many? If not, when do you plan on sharing the exciting news?
March 28th, 2013, 09:23 PM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have told everyone. I figure if something happens I would rather have everyone's support instead of trying to deal with it on my own. I also cannot keep something this huge a secret, it would eat me alive!
It's really all up to you though, whatever you feel comfortable with.

Last edited by HappyBabyB; March 28th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
March 28th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we have only told select people....need to see the hb first
shana1979 likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've done the secret thing and I was so miserable with morning sickness and had to hide it. I swore I'd never do that again! I let family and close friends know about my pregnancy that I'd like support from if something happens. I won't make a general Facebook announcement until the second trimester. It would be worse I think to miscarry and have no one know that I was hurting! I would feel so alone! So family and best friends know!

March 28th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm waiting for the first ultrasound appt on April 5th. Wanna make sure my mind is settled and the baby is in a good place.

Introducing the Minis

March 29th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told everyone even though I said I was going to wait. First I told my mom because we were out of town together and I was a complete hormonal raging psycho, and I didn't want her to think I was just a nutcase lol then she started telling people so I did. :-)

March 29th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both of my SIL's know. One because she knew we were ttc, & the other because she had to jump to my aid when I started bleeding early on in the pregnancy.
Beyond that we haven't told anyone, & probably wont do until at least 12 weeks. Nothing to do with miscarrying, just personal preference.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 29th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Only DH and BFF knows... We aren't telling family until we are 16 weeks.... Or so....
March 29th, 2013, 06:34 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
Our plan is to wait till 12 weeks, but I have my first official OB appointment (after seeing the babies twice on ultrasound by a RE) next Wednesday. I'm thinking that maybe 3 confirmed, "things are ok" visits are enough to tell all of the family then. I haven't fully decided tho. We'll see how things are going Wednesday.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
March 29th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm probably telling my family tomorrow. I don't really want to, but I can't really think of a better time. We don't get together very often, and I really don't want to have to like call people individually or anything. Or wait until I'm 21 weeks like my sister did!

March 29th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I told everyone close to me and work right away. I made the official Facebook annoucement after we saw baby's heartbeat on the U/S.

I think it's really an individual decision about what you're comfortable with. Some people appreciate a strong support group if something bad were to happen and others prefer to deal with it privately.

March 29th, 2013, 08:59 AM
ericalynnxoxo's Avatar Regular
Close friends and family know. We are waiting until I'm close to my second trimester to start telling everyone that we know, just in case the worst happens. That way we would have the support of our families but wouldn't have to explain it to everyone.
March 29th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Veteran
Our immediate family and close friends know (though I'm keeping the twins part a bit quieter with some.)

We'll probably wait until early May to announce to others, Facebook, etc.

I'm having a hard time being quiet about it, but really don't need the whole world knowing quite this early!
March 29th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Veteran
Our immediate family and close friends know (though I'm keeping the twins part a bit quieter with some.)

We'll probably wait until early May to announce to others, Facebook, etc.

I'm having a hard time being quiet about it, but really don't need the whole world knowing quite this early!
March 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only two people really know at this point. My first appt isn't until Thursday. We've wanted to wait to tell. It's been much nicer and calmer this way.
March 30th, 2013, 07:13 AM
megpie
Once I hit 8 weeks, I always wanted to tell, but DH wanted it to be closer to 12 becuase I was always bleeding and it made him soooo nervous I was going to m/c.
March 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've told one person IRL because she knew we were TTC and asked if I was pregnant. Df also told his close friend. I'm sure well do a fb announcement at 12-13 weeks. So well tell family before then. No one was there for me with my first m/c my mom told everyone she has ever met and not once did anyone try to reach out to me. I had 2 more m/c and kept them private which worked for me.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search