Fingernail Friday

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By StacieRN
  • 1 Post By elizabethchallis

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you get regular manicures or only do them for special occasions?
Do you do your own manicures?
What is your favorite nail polish color and/or brand?

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 29th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't get manicures, I keep my nails short and natural b/c of the line of work I'm in. But I'm all about pedis!!

I go to the salon, let them pamper me a bit.

My favorite all time color is OPI "I'm not really a waitress" a dep red! Beautiful for toes!!

March 29th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not allowed to do nails right now due to being in school but I like to do fun colors on my toes for summer....teal greens....sprarkley purple...bright pink
March 29th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Super Mommy
I bite my nails so no manicurses I do love pedicures though! Oh now I might go get one tomorrow.

March 29th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
As you probably could of guessed from my siggy picture down there, I do enjoy nail polish.

I do my own mani/pedis and the best brands for me are actually the cheaper ones! OPI and Essie don't last that long on my nails. Forever 21 nail polishes are actually amazing quality, Rimmel is also fantastic but they don't have many colors. Revlon is great too.

March 29th, 2013, 08:57 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a fav with my mom and I too Stacie! I don't get my nails done sometimes I'll paint them when I'm feeling fancy. Good to know about f21 opi is my favorite brand but kinda pricy so I don't have too many colors
Nicole B likes this.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

March 29th, 2013, 09:00 AM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get manicures very rarely... like once a year. I usually end up doing my own. When I do them, I honestly am into the decals. I use jamberry. They last for 2-3 weeks for me and don't chip like nail polish.

March 29th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I have never gotten a manicure I usually paint my nails black, I just like how it looks. But I don't have a favorite brand, I just get whatever is cheapest at wherever store I'm buying it from.

March 29th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
I have never gotten a manicure I usually paint my nails black, I just like how it looks. But I don't have a favorite brand, I just get whatever is cheapest at wherever store I'm buying it from.
Wet 'n Wild sells the BEST black nail polish and it is so cheap! I like to paint my nails black, use a matte top coat (Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love, Walmart ), let it dry and then drag a quick drying shiny top coat along the tips, French mani with an edge style!

Sorry if that was way more info than you cared to know lol. I just like to share. http://http://hautemacabre.com/2012/...ck-on-black-3/

March 29th, 2013, 10:27 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds really cool!!

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

March 29th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so not a girly-girl. I'll paint my nails maybe once a year, usually if it goes with my Halloween costume. Then the polish chips off for the next couple months since I'm too lazy to use nail polish remover - lol.

March 29th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I get manicures rarely, the polish always chips too quickly. A few weeks ago I got the stick on nail polish, like a sticker, and it lasted a couple weeks. I get pedicures on special occasions.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 29th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never had a manicure, (that I can think of?) in my life. I've had horses since the age of 11, & currently own 5, so no point really

And nail polish seriously irritates me. I put it on, think it's pretty, then the moment it gets a chip I have to take it back off again.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 29th, 2013, 04:02 PM
breezy8283's Avatar Member
I manicure my own but we also pamper each other at the salon I work at once in a while as a treat. We use OPI and I love the huge range of colors. Being a hairstylist it doesn't stay on for very long with my being in the shampoo bowl constantly but I still polish them here and there. Definitely if we have an occasion to go to. Otherwise I try to keep the OPI Nail Envy strengthener on them at least.
March 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I go for pedicures every other month during the winter and usually every three weeks or so during the summer. I also LOVEEEE OPI's I'm not really a waitress on my toes!! <3

My new years resolution was to quit chewing my nails and I used Hoof Hands kick the habit and it worked well. Now I go to the salon for a mani and polish every other week. I usually have to change my polish at home on the off week. I've done the gel polish and it's stay power is incredible, but it really wears down my nails.

March 29th, 2013, 04:56 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't do my nails, but I DO love pedicures. I splurge for a pedicure 1-2 times a year. Otherwise I just do 'em myself!

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
March 29th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I have never had a manicure or pedicure, and I haven't painted my nails since I was in high school. I am a really low-maintenance kind of gal!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
March 30th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The last time I painted my nails was for my wedding I think! I have had one pedi and it was a bad experience. I do my own and its so much nicer! I love burgundy on my toes or clear sparkle.

March 30th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Super Mommy
My toes STAY painted because I wear flip flops like 10 months out of the year! I love getting french tips at the salon, but usually save it for special occasions since it's so pricey. I paint my nails every now and then and love Essie polishes!

March 30th, 2013, 06:42 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love pedis...do my own finger nails. I love the opi waitress color too, also love it's all Greek to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search