Back from my U/S

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Nicole B
  • 2 Post By The Aubrey
  • 1 Post By SpankyMagoo
  • 1 Post By Christina642
  • 3 Post By SpankyMagoo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 08:55 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
According to my LMP, I should be 6w2d, the tech said I am measuring 5w1d. I guess I could have O'd or implanted late. We did see both a gestational sac and a yolk sac-though no HB or baby...too early if I'm really 5w1d...and the tech kept saying that everything looked perfect....

Is that normal? Should I be worried...cuz I totally am. Anyone who has been through this?

March 29th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
If the tech said everything looked perfect than I'm sure you're fine though I know it's hard not to worry.

I will say my doctor said she wanted me to wait until I was 7 weeks for my first U/S because any earlier and sometimes they can't see baby and Mama's get concerned. Both I and another one of my pregnant friends didnt measure as far along as we thought we were so that seems to be pretty common too.

Hang in there and try not to stress!
The Aubrey likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry. It's so early, and the tech did say everything looked good at least!

March 29th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am no expert, but it sounds totally reasonable if you're going off of LMP to be several days off. LMP is really just a rough estimate...do you have an idea of when you ovulated? I know it's impossible not to worry - that's what mommas do best..but if the tech said everything looked fine then I take that as a really good sign!

March 29th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even a few days can make a big difference. I think everything is ok. I know for me, one time I knew when I got pregnant. No question in my mind but their early dates were off. Implanting late would be one real reason. Hang in there and hopefully they will have you go back on a week

March 29th, 2013, 09:07 AM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
If people were going off of my LMP, I'd be measuring like a week behind where I am. Luckily, I knew my O date so that cleared things up- I just O'd really late. Just shows you how off LMP can be. I wouldn't worry about it - especially since the tech said everythign was fine.

March 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
ericalynnxoxo's Avatar Regular
This is pretty much the same thing that happened to me when I went for my appt last week. I should have been 6 wks 2 days according to my LMP but all that we saw was the gestational sac. But I know that I ovulated late so when you factor that in and the time it took for implantation it makes since. So I have to go back on Tuesday for another US. They were only able to tell me that I was about 5 weeks. Hopefully this time we will see more!
March 29th, 2013, 10:09 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a good u/s. If you did not chart and have no idea of O, this is in perfect range!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 29th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If you're just going by LMP, that is reasonable. LMP is based on a 28 day period, if your period is usually longer than 28 days, which most people's are, then what you are measuring is reasonable. Don't worry, I'm sure everything is fine and next time you will see something

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 29th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have measured small/behind for all of my babies. For two I know exactly what was going on and when they were conceived and fought it. My middle two I had to go with their dates and my baby looked overdue. I'm not sure why that always happens. If you know your dates and are concerned, I would call and request blood work. A beta would show your numbers doubling and you would know the baby is developing just right for them! Otherwise you could have ovulated later and implantation took its sweet time. Its hard not to worry! I'd ask for blood tests personally for peace of mind with what is going on! Good luck! I hope baby is just taking its sweet time getting started!

My last baby had a beta test that nearly tripled! According to u/s I got that beta before I ovulated??? He was a healthy weight at birth and now a very energetic 2 yr old who is going to give me a heart attack one of these days with how much he loves to climb and jump off things!

March 29th, 2013, 02:41 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
Thanks ladies. I'm feeling a little better about things now. <3

I did have blood drawn m, w, f last week and each beta at least doubled.
Txmom4 and LABs like this.

March 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
My doc doesnt do dating till 9.5 weeks. He says anything before that isnt totally accurate. So I wouldnt worry at all
The Aubrey likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Magoo my doc doesn't do dating till almost 9 weeks. She also says anything before that is inaccurate. I'm sure everything is fine and no worries.
SpankyMagoo likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 03:45 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
HAhaha I want a shirt that says "Im with Magoo"

March 29th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had already adjusted my dates when I went in to see my Dr because I have slightly longer than average cycles, & baby was STILL measuring 6 days behind those dates. Apart from the SCH everything looked good & bubs had a nice strong heartbeat. Often when they measure a week or so out early on, but the 12 week scan they have caught back up to where they should be. Others due to late O, late implantation & the like genuinely are a week or so behind. I will be interested when I got in for my Nuchal to see how this baby is measuring

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search