What did everyone's 1st doctor visit consist of?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 10:38 AM
eab12191's Avatar Veteran
With my DS, it was just paperwork and then they scheduled an ultrasound. But I'm in a different state now and wonder if it will be more thorough. TIA

Emily Bailey born 10/29/2013

March 29th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Mine is next week but as far as I'm aware it's going to include blood work, Pap smear and Doppler. Not sure if we'll go over family history again bc we did that with my first pregnancy.

TTC #3!
March 29th, 2013, 10:43 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
paperwork with a nurse and scheduling my first ultrasound

March 29th, 2013, 10:43 AM
robynpuff79's Avatar Veteran
I am in NY and mine consisted of a regular gyno exam (pap smear), blood work (8 tubes!!), and an u/s (I heard the heartbeat!), plus a ton of paperwork, of course, and I was able to have my questions answered. Unfortunately my OB was out that day so I met with the midwife, who was extremely nice. I should finally be meeting the OB in one week when I go for my second visit.
I was also told to get a dating u/s, which took place at another location.

March 29th, 2013, 10:44 AM
ericalynnxoxo's Avatar Regular
I had a Gonorrhea and Clamydia swab with a pelvic exam (just to feel my ovaries and uterus bc I just had a pap smear done in Dec), a urine pregnancy test, a breast exam and an US.
March 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Bellrunner's Avatar Regular
Just had mine yesterday. It consisted of going over medical history with a nurse, where she handed out information packets about hospital, genetic screening, pediatrician list, etc. Then bloodwork (5 tubes, mostly for STD screening, HIV, blood type) and a urine test for sugar amounts.
It was very anticlimactic for my first prenatal visit of my first pregnancy. 2nd one will be more entertaining (U/S and meeting with Dr.)
March 29th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Peeing in a cup. they also scheduled an ultrasound to check dates. Next appointment will be a pelvic exam and bloodwork.

10 weeks

March 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
My first one isn't for a couple more weeks, but it'll be mostly paperwork and talking, and then probably scheduling my next one. No ultrasound until the anatomy scan if I decide to get it

March 29th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lab work and medical history was my first appointment. I had my second appointment too which was a pap, gonorrhea and chlamydia screen, and I had an ultrasound. I think if I would have gone when I was a little further along, all of this would have been my first appointment, like it was during my first pregnancy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 29th, 2013, 12:20 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine consisted of doing a medical history with a nurse, urine test, pelvic exam w/ pap (yay - bonus), and bloodwork.

March 29th, 2013, 01:49 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was super simple. I did a urine test and a transvaginal ultrasound. I had a little bit of paperwork to fill out since this is a new doctor. But that was it. I was in there 10-15 minutes total. They didnt even take my height, weight, BP or anything.

The next appointment (12 weeks!), I will have an OB workup which includes a PAP. ALso, some "12 week" testing for cystic fibrosis, etc. And an ultrasound. They made a point of telling me this would be a long appointment.
March 29th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine is on Monday. I expect a pee in a cup thing, basic vitals and a lab work order.

March 29th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My bloods were done when I went in to see my Dr when I had the bleed early on, so for my first official appointment I had a quick u/s, was given the paperwork for my 12 week scan & bloods, a script & that was about it really. My 'book in' paper work will happen when I see the midwives for my next appointment.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
March 29th, 2013, 05:39 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is 4/2, I will be 9wks. A quick swab for vaginal infections, blood work, bp, weight, pee in a cup, and an in house u/s. My dr. does not use a doppler until past 15wks. Until then, he will do in house u/s to check h/b and size. I see him at 9wks, 11wks and then again at 13wks. After that, its once a month until 28wks. Then its weekly for me until birth.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM
eab12191's Avatar Veteran
It was uneventful. Bp, weight, talk with doc, blood draw, urine test. U/s scheduled for 2 weeks.

Emily Bailey born 10/29/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search