doTerra/essential oils

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 07:22 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dos anyone know which oils are a definite no no during pregnancy? Know there isn't a ton of research so they will often say to avoid all essential oils however I enjoy taking a more holistic approach with self care, products for the home etc. I have been using diluted tea tree oil and lavender at night to calm my skin and help with acne, and got worried it was a no no. I'm also considering becoming a doTerra rep, not necessarily for the income but because like I said I like holistic/natural/homeopathic things and I've been impressed with doTerra.

Anyway, regarding the tea tree oil I searched online and I'm getting mixed reviews online so thought I'd ask my DDC sisters
March 29th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lurking: Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies by Stephanie Fritz is the best book to get for this.

Avoid:

Basil, birch, cassia, cinnamon, rosemary, thyme, winter green

Caution:

clary sage, clove, cypress, fennel, marjoram, myrrh, oregano, peppermint, Vetiver, clear skin, digestzen, immortelle, on guard, past tense, slim & sassy, solace, zendocrine.

The oils listed above came from the list in my modern essentials book, however, a new book did come out recently. I'd write what Stephanie Fritz says, but a friend borrowed my book. You can buy it on Amazon.

I use the same oils I have always used, even on guard, solace, and clear skin. All things in moderation.

And remember, dōTERRA oils are Certified Pure Theraputic Grade. They are 100% oils with no added synthetics. Other brands, and the oils that have the most information, are typically 10% oil and 90% synthetic fillers. Our lovely government still allows conpanies to label them "pure." This is why most other essential oils are to be avoided during pregnancy.

March 29th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Ill look into it thanks. So dōTerra is a better quality than say aura cacia or other oil brands? Does that make them safer?
March 29th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It does make them more safe because they are not "synthetically enhanced." Anything synthetic is bad. That brand does tote the 100% essential oil label, but they're not CPTG. So basically, where one drop would work with dōTERRA, 10 would be needed with the others. People will look at the cost and choose the cheaper oil, but they "get what they pay for."

You can take dōTERRA internally (almost all, there are a few you can't not, Deep Blue, for example) where as with other brands, you are advised not to. You're also advised to stay away from essential oils while pregnant, but you can use dōTERRA. There are just so many differences between them. It would take me forever to list them. Haha.

I take dōTERRA's Life Long Vitality pack daily (vitamins). I use their face wash, shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste. I use OnGuard, Solace, Lavender, Deep Blue, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Ginger, Slim & Sassy (helps with blood sugars during pregnancy), and the list goes on. I use common sense. If I feel that maybe I shouldn't use it, I don't. I don't use straight Peppermint, but I have used Breathe and Digestzen. Peppermint is in them, but in smaller amounts. Same with Clary Sage, it should be avoided when used alone as it stimulates contractions, but you can use Solace because it's a much smaller amount. I would definitely get the book to help you feel more comfortable with them. Stephanie explains it better. If you ever have any questions regarding oils, pm me. Hopefully I can help you more.

March 30th, 2013, 06:53 AM
You're amazing. Thank you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search