Pregnancy nose

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pregnancy nose has to be what kicked in the morning sickness to high gear yesterday. Today its worse! My DH thought it a good idea to use one of those Axe body sprays! It was so awful!!!!! The smell spread throughout the top floor! The smell kicked in the morning sickness for today.

I had to leave church early. I could smell everyone around me. Perfumes, soaps, deoderant, hair products and the like. Our building is 4 months old and I could smell the carpet fumes, paint, wood stains and glue. My DH who I'm sure has a lack of smell on the best of days doesn't get it. He can't smell any of it! I want my stuffy pg nose back! Nasty smells make me Soooooo sick!

I've had a sensitive nose before, but I don't remember it ever being this bad before. I understand being sensitive while smelling a dirty diaper or other icky thing, but this is dry heaving over everything! With my other pregnancies only sugar effected me like this.

March 31st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat. I'm unfurtunately smelling the underlying odors to everything. My own as well as my hubbie's body odor drives me nuts ( couldn't sleep well last night due to that), and we have an old house, so I can smell all the nasty odors that are in the walls and floors!

I think my m/s wouldn't be so bad if the smells weren't this strong. Ugh.

March 31st, 2013, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with ya...oversensative nose here too....I can't eat bc of it...NOTHING smells good
March 31st, 2013, 04:35 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, me too! We had Easter on DH's side of the family--and his uncle lives on the family farm!!!! The pig stink was AWFUL!!!!! I felt like I was going to be sick the whole time we were there!

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
March 31st, 2013, 05:27 PM
Regular
Ohhh my. I am the same. Yesterday I was making my son brekky and I nearly spewed from the smell of bread. What the... Changing nappies at the moment is a real struggle, gagging the entire time lol
March 31st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to a friends house and she was frying okra and it took all of me not to get sick
April 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
We went out to eat the other night and I smelled the people around us and couldn't finish eating DH thinks I'm crazy.

April 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Veteran
Have that aswell! Especially hand soap and perfumes uuuugh. puke city :C

April 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got stuffy pg nose! Guess I can be grateful.... ?
April 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
robynpuff79's Avatar Veteran
Pre-pregnancy I loved scented candles from Bath & Body Works, scented hand lotions... all of that stuff. Now I can't handle any of it.
I want to throw up whenever I walk into my apartment. It's not the cat litter - DH is very good about keeping that clean - but there is a smell in my apartment, and on my clothes, that I cannot stand. It's hard to walk around hating the way you smell!!

April 4th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Bellrunner's Avatar Regular
No smells are making me nauseous at the moment...but I have noticed that I have a hypersensitive sense of smell lately. For example, I can smell a glass of wine from across the room, which I think is hilarious considering how much wine I used to drink before this pregnancy (hint...it was a lot!).
I can smell cigarette smoke immediately, even if a person is smoking on the sidewalk while I'm inside my car, windows up! It's been pretty kooky.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search