How do you combat the exhaustion?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With DD I was never ever this tired!

Now I can't even keep my eyes open. Two hours after being up I go down for at least a 2-3 hour nap, up for another couple hours then down for another nap and then up for a couple then down for bed. I have never been so exhausted. I can't even function to take care of my DD right now. I don't know what to do to overcome this!
March 31st, 2013, 02:07 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I wish I had some advice. I'm just pushing through the day. Wish I could nap at my desk!! Lol

March 31st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I take naps when I can. This pregnancy is the most tired I have ever been but that could be because I have two young kids to run after all day.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
March 31st, 2013, 02:34 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am feeling the same way. It sucks. I go to bed by 7 or so and take a couple of naps each day. When I am feeling really sleepy, I try getting up from my desk and walking around for a bit...maybe walk the dog. Sometimes I drink a class of orange juice or suck on some butterscotch. Sometimes that helps. Other times...I just fall asleep at my desk. Sorry I'm not more of a help.
March 31st, 2013, 02:39 PM
I don't know either. When I am at home I just immediately want to take a nap after a few hours. At work I just stay as busy as possible - I don't know if that is good or bad. I completely crash when I get home! LOL
March 31st, 2013, 04:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I work nights in the hospital and it is torture to stay awake. I constantly am trying to find tasks to do to stay awake but on my days off I think I play catch up and having DD it has been difficult this needs to subside quickly!!!
March 31st, 2013, 04:23 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't nap during the day, as it upsets my heart rhythm. So that said I am not coping/combatting it very well at all. Really really looking forward to the second tri!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
March 31st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I don't. I try to nap with Nova every day, but some days I have other things I need to do. But I think the worst part is that I spend all day so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open and then as soon as I'm in bed at night I can't sleep! I was super exhausted the first time around too, I remember napping in the afternoon and going to bed at 7 and sleeping 12 hours and still being tired... and I didn't even have a kid to run after all day!

March 31st, 2013, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been taking naps when I can. I'll turn Sprout TV on really low in my room and my little one will curl up and nap with me. We bought the TV for this exact situation. We were going to start TTC and I was sure the exhaustion would be awful. We mounted it up near the ceiling so it angles towards the bed. We can watch laying down! With my third I spent the better part of 2+ months in bed while my kids watched movies in my room! Between the horrible morning sickness and bone crushing fatigue I was useless! This pg I was just tired until this weekend. Only sleep helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search