april fool jokes

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By GollyMolly
  • 1 Post By Lauruh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 12:18 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everybody who plays that I'm expecting joke will be listed from my Facebook. Although I am pregnant I just don't find it funny at all. I had too many losses myself and have friends on my Facebook that have or fertility issues. My finger gonna be to delete happy on Facebook tomorrow. Anyway just needed to vent thanks for letting me.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
April 1st, 2013, 08:40 AM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I know what you are talking about - I hate that Facebook post. It's just annoying.

April 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lost a pregnancy on 4/1/09 at 9wks. I hate this day with a passion. Ironically, I have the same due date this time, so it makes it even double the dislike.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 1st, 2013, 09:54 AM
bumbleboo12's Avatar Super Mommy
I just saw one of those jokes actually. She is a good friend, and I know would never mean anything by it. But I do understand where you ladies are coming from

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
Super Mommy
I would never defriend someone for that despite my loss last year. I actually was just telling DH I wish I was further along because it would be fun to do an april fools announcement and everyone would think it was a lame joke then tomorrow put jokes on you all we really are expecting. Losses are hard and pregnancy is scary but I can't expect people to all censor themselves. Sorry for your losses ladies been there and it sucks.
breezy8283 and Txmom4 like this.

April 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyMolly View Post
I would never defriend someone for that despite my loss last year. I actually was just telling DH I wish I was further along because it would be fun to do an april fools announcement and everyone would think it was a lame joke then tomorrow put jokes on you all we really are expecting. Losses are hard and pregnancy is scary but I can't expect people to all censor themselves. Sorry for your losses ladies been there and it sucks.
This.

I have 4 losses under my belt but don't find the statuses to be annoying or hurtful. I'm sorry for the ladies who don't find the humour Today is just for fun
breezy8283 likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 03:21 PM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I wouldn't defriend anyone for it. I actually have a really good sense of humor, those type of things just aren't "up my alley" so to speak. Again, I find it more annoying than anything else because I generally care about my FB friends and what's going on in their lives and at the end of a really long post I feel like they've just wasted my time. Again, wouldn't defriend over it - just irritates me a little. That's what I was getting at.

Last edited by suziequep; April 1st, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
April 1st, 2013, 03:32 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I have a friend who announced last year that she was preggo on facebook cause she totally forgot it was April Fools Day. No one believed her even though it was true. Now I found THAT very funny.

April 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
Had someone put they lost their baby as a joke yes I would be livid and disgusted with them.

April 1st, 2013, 03:48 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Quote:
Had someone put they lost their baby as a joke yes I would be livid and disgusted with them.
THAT is horrible. I mean truly awful.

April 1st, 2013, 03:53 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
That would be incredibly awful. I couldn't imagine somebody actually doing that and if they did it would be the most twisted thing I've ever seen.

April 1st, 2013, 10:22 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really pay any attention to them, because in the days leading up to April 1st I totally anticipate that SOMEONE will fake a pregnancy

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search