gaining weight already!

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 02:15 AM
Regular
I Know it is probly water weight but wow, I have nearly gained 2kg since finding put I am pregnant and I am only 5w6d going by my lmp!
im noticing it so much on my face and so much in my tummy area..
I've read that most woman show quicker in their second pregnancy but I didn't expect to feel like a balloon this early lol. In my first pregnancy i hardly showed at 26weeks and had gained very little weight until 26 weeks also, then I just packed it on lol..
id only lost 10kg after having my son, (10kg after giving birth) and still had aother 6kg to go to be back to my pre pregnancy weight. I'm starting to think i may end up quite big during this pregnancy with weight gain like this already.. not helpful for the already sore self esteem from previous weight gain. Of course I am thrilled and happy I am doing an amazing thing carrying and growing a little baby and weight gain is to be expected... I just really dislike feeling like a flabby jelly doughnut haha especially when I am obviously not lookinf pregnant right now, just looking chubby haha. Anyone else feel like they are bigger and gaining weight much quicker the second time round?
April 1st, 2013, 02:19 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't gained but I feel bloated. I'll probably bust out the maternity jeans here soon

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

April 1st, 2013, 02:57 AM
Regular
Haha yea im already lookong online for cheap maternity clothes.. I gave all mone away because i wasn't expecting to be pregnant ahaon any time soon
April 1st, 2013, 04:35 AM
Super Mommy
I look completely different in the morning when all the bloating is flattened. Jessgirl91, how far along are you?
Last pregnancy i gained a little more than 5 lbs during the first tri. It's annoying but normal.

April 1st, 2013, 05:50 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Last time I had already gained 8 lbs by 6 weeks. 8 lbs! This time its only 2 or 3 but my body seems to pack on the weight really early in pregnancy. My clothes already dont fit right.

April 1st, 2013, 06:14 AM
Veteran
I'm definitely gaining weight as well. It sucks, but trying to just focus on it being part of the process. I hate feeling so heavy (and it's all in my stomach). I swear it looks like I'm showing already. I wouldn't think two little raspberry/olive sized babies could do that this quick, but definitely seems to be happening. Of course, I started out pretty bloated with all the IVF meds too.
April 1st, 2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran
I feel so bloated! And by the evening i look 5 months pregnant easy lol! I know that with my second pregnancy i looked pregnant very early on, so it is no surprize this time around that i am starting to look pregnant already

April 1st, 2013, 10:04 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained a few pounds already, too. The Clomid I took this cycle made me gain a few, and I eat every few hours to avoid the nausea. With my first 2 pregnancies, I gained at least 10 pounds in the first trimester, so my body is just doing the same thing! I'm not worried about it.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
April 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm definitely packing on some pounds already. I did this last time too, by my second OB appointment I had gained like 12 pounds, and the nurse made some comment about how I "better slow down because after 15 pounds it's all you" In the end, I gained a grand total of 25 pounds, and 8 of that was the baby.

April 1st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I'm up 5lbs already. :-/ With my first I didn't gain any weight until I was 5 months along! But I was also 13lbs heavier than what I started this pregnancy at. So who know, maybe it's needed?

And I've been crazy bloated since...well since I was ovulating I feel like lol!

April 1st, 2013, 01:15 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've already gained 7 lbs...lol
April 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im not sure if I've gained any weight. My face and the rest of me looks the same. I've got a major difference in my lower belly. I look much further along then I should and am in full maternity clothes. I look the same in the morning as at night. There is no way I could hide this pg!
hotpinkheels likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 09:18 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Up 1.8kg here blah!!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 2nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I've gained 1.5 lbs so far. I weigh myself in the mornings when I'm bloat free to see how it's going. I'm really trying to pace myself and make sure I don't just eat everything in sight (like I want to). I gained 25lbs total with DS and I'd like to gain just enough for these babies this time too. I'm only 5'5 and I have a tiny torso, so I'm worried about how things are going to fit. I'm sure my weight will pick up once all of the queasiness is gone.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
April 2nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I've been on vacation so I have no idea how much of it was vacation weight and true gain. When I got on the scale though, it was only a 2lb difference so maybe I lost a bit walking through New York for 4 days then gained a bit on a cruise to the Bahamas for 3 days.

Introducing the Minis

April 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I havn't weighed myself. Im sure I am up a lot because I was stress eating in the beginning and now I get super nauseous if I don't eat every hour it seems like. Im not worried about it though. Sure Id love to be one of those skinny preggo ladies with just a bump and no other weight gain but I enjoy food too much
shana1979 and HappyBabyB like this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive gained.....12 LBS!!!! We have been eating crap for two weeks cause of our move but omg 12 lbs!!!!!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
April 2nd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Regular
Lol I am glad that I'm not the only one... its just part of the parcel I guess but totally frusterating.. I've nt actually been eating a whole lot, I've only had two spells of ms so far but I am starting to turn off from my morning coffee.. I struggle when I gain weight. Mentally. I felt big before n was starting to go to the gym and join sports n I was slowly losing weight bit now its all back.. im 6 weeks today and ts not that I look pregnant as such, my belly is protruding but I'm gaining all around my belly, hips, but and that god awful back fat under my bra, boobs have gone into over drive, I feel very top heavy, I already have a longer torso so I feel like a tree stump lol...
I was thin when i met my partner n obviously having a baby changedy.body.but I haven't been able to get myself back in to shape, partly lack of motivation but now I am gaining weight so much again. lol probly my silly mind, but I am sure others can relate, I feel so unattractive like this_ not the pregnancy_ just the gaining weight part, im starting to withdraw from social events from feeling insecure about my body, nothing fits or looks nice, sometimes I think, how can my partner be attracted to me.when I get so chubby lol. Very vein I know bit I am sure other woman have these thoughts, especially when the fashion these days is exremly short shorts.n little tops, I almost want.to blind fold my partner in public haha.
April 2nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Regular
Every now and again when I post things, it tells me, I have to wait for approval before posting, it doesn't do it all the time but like now. I just replied to you all n it said it had to be approved, lol I didn't write anything out of line. random
April 2nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's all those bad words your saying!!!! Lol

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search