3D Ultrasounds

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Txmom4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 05:34 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does everyone get these or are they only for something specific? Can you get them done on your own without a doctor?
April 1st, 2013, 05:39 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
there are 3d U/S places that you can use without needing the doctor, though it also means that insurance wont cover it

April 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
megpie
Some drs offices do the 3D on a routine basis. You can get them on your own, too.
April 1st, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my last pregnancy my doc's office had a 3d us machine so anytime you had a us after 24 weeks you could get 3d...before 24 weeks the baby looks super strange in 3d...but there are also those 3d places you can pay for and usually run about $100+
April 1st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks ladies does an HSA fund cover that as an elective expense?
April 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpinkheels View Post
Thanks ladies does an HSA fund cover that as an elective expense?
Not sure what a HSA fund is, but elective u/s's at private company's, dont except anything but cash payment. I have had them done with my last 3 baby's. the 30wk 3D u/s's ARE so awesome! I did not do the 30wk with my last baby, only the elective gender u/s at 15wks. (which we got 3D as well, but it was a super scary pic, lol). If you can rake up $100 bucks to get one, I would definitely do it, it is so precious!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I posted on here but I guess not...try a sonography school. I got one done there and they charged me $35. One place was free. But I go to a perinatologist and they do them for me everytime I went.
hotpinkheels likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 11:01 AM
HSA fund is a health savings account and you can use it for medical stuff not covered by insurance. Even so I would definitely like one!
April 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Idk about using HSA. I would think no, but then is think yes, since you guy purchase glasses and stuff like that with it. Doesn't it come on credit card form? I think you could just use it if it does.

April 1st, 2013, 12:55 PM
Yup . Thanks!
April 1st, 2013, 01:13 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I ended up having a few of them with my first pregnancy because I was overdue...but...I think I prefer the regular u/s. the 3D ultrasound made me think my kid was going to come out with a HUGE nose. But his little nose turned out to be quite perfect and proportionate.

April 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really want one this time! I didn't even think of the HSA! Our insurance deductible is outrageous, so we've been stock piling money in ours. You might want to call and see.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search