Cutting it out...

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GollyMolly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 08:25 AM
megpie
What are you cutting out/stopping due to your pregnancy? Anything?
April 1st, 2013, 08:28 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Caffeine, mostly. I was totally caffeine free for the first trimester and maybe half of the second with my first... this time the exhaustion is harder to manage since I have a toddler to take care of, so I'm allowing myself one cup of 1/4 caf coffee every day (it's funny though because I haven't even been finishing it, somehow it's like the act of making and then the first few sips are enough to reenergize me a bit)

I know caffeine is fine, it's just a personal decision.

April 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
Super Mommy
wine. We drink wine with dinner about 3 times a week. It's time to cut it now

April 1st, 2013, 09:39 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cut out caffeine, though I decided to have one cup of decaf last yet and ohhhh boy did it make me feel horrible. I thought my guts were going to rot out.

I gave up drinking and smoking almost three years ago to begin with so that hasn't been an issue.

I also gave up deli meat
April 1st, 2013, 09:54 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have cut out caffeine and my daily allergy medicine.

Food wise, just the normal stuff, like deli meat, and stuff that makes me nauseus! LOl

3 beautiful boys, ages 8, 4 and almost 8 months!
Diagnosed with PCOS, conceived first son on first round of Clomid. DS #2 conceived on 2nd round of Clomid, 3rd son conceived on 3rd round of Clomid. TTC #4 through IVF.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again--September 2014?
April 1st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
Alcohol and smoking are really the only things I'm cutting out completely everything else in moderation.
LuckyCharm likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caffeine and artificial sweeteners...(no more skinny lattes ..I will have to stick with nonfat decaf ones)

April 1st, 2013, 12:14 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am trying to cut out dr pepper. I haven't had any in a few days then had a drink yesterday and it was so gross! I think my taste buds are changing.
I'm also having to come off my pain meds for my back. I have major issues with my back and have been on meds for about a year, so I'm weaning down now and hopefully off very soon. That's the scariest thing because I know I am going to be in so much pain.

April 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I cut out caffeine. I don't drink at all, so that isn't an issue. I can't imagine I'd want to taste alcohol right now, as queasy as I am. I have been hooked on grilled turkey and cheddar sandwiches lately. DH makes them for me, and I can't get enough. He cooks the turkey in the skillet for for a minute or so before he adds it to the sandwich tho.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
April 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Kind of coffee? I used to drink a cup or two everyday and since finding out I was preggo I've had 2 cups total. My doctor ok'ed the 800mg a day so...I dunno. I'm just a weirdo I guess.

I don't like deli meat so that was easy. I do miss my soft cheeses. Going to talk to my doctor about that and dying my hair at my appt. on Wednesday.

Also, I didn't really drink that much previously but it was quite amusing at Easter. People were treating me like I was an alcoholic. Waving their beers (I don't even like beer!) and wine glasses in my face and being like, "Too bad you can't have some!!!" I'm just like, "um, yeah...that's fine. O.o"

ETA: actually, after reading that last paragraph, hopefully that's the exact opposite of how you'd treat someone with an alcohol addiction problem... @_@

April 1st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sugar! Its hard to live without chocolate! I'm going to have to give up white flour this pg too. The taste and smell is making me gag.

April 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
wine and medication...

April 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caffeine was my biggest one. Everytime I see someone drinking a red bull I want to taste it so bad! But I resist, only 7 more months until I can indulge again
Of course alcohol, deli meat, soft cheese and my favorite excedrine migrane medicine.

I really want to cut out sugar but sometimes a bowl of cereal is all I can stomach.
April 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I stopped smoking two months prior to this cycle, cut out caffeine a month prior...

I don't do any medications, cut out as much processed foods and sugars as possible... If I have a sweet tooth I do honey or fruits... Also cut out as many chemical personal products as possible, I use homemade deodorant, toothpaste, and shampoo...

I watch what kind of food additives or dyes I consume as well.... My husband thinks I'm a nut lol...
April 1st, 2013, 07:47 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just alcohol. I haven't drank caffeine in years or smoked (although I've been dreaming about smoking).

April 2nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Veteran
I've actually had to cut out quite a bit. Basically, my doctor feels I need to follow the GD(gestational diabetes diet) immediately following a positive pregnancy test due to insulin resistance from PCOS. The problem is that I completely forget everything. I am so hungry!

[img]

10/2009 11 weeks
Chemical 5/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search