Disneyland?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mommyto4navybrats

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM
I'm 7w1d today! I'm going to Disneyland in a few weeks with my family and am wondering if any of you ladies had any experience with this...? At my first appt (I was 5w5d), I asked my dr if if would be ok to ride the rides and he said as long as the baby had a heartbeat, I would be fine. We are going when I will be 9w4d or so. I'm so confused though because the dr is saying it is ok but everything I've read online (can you trust google and everything you read online?!) says it's not safe. Most of the rides at Disney are pretty tame so I know they will be ok, it's just the few bigger rides I'm wondering about.. any advice/info would be greatly appreciated!!
April 1st, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
just don't ride the roller coasters...I know...No fun BUT at 9 weeks there is still a lot of cushion between baby and outside...
lil_fishy likes this.
April 1st, 2013, 12:04 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would probably stick to the tame rides, and skip thunder mountain (which is my fave)
April 2nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
I was always told no to any ride that you can't take an infant on. Most rides there you can have a small child on. Those I would say would be fine. I would say no to any of the "mountain" rides.

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
April 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
We went to disney a couple weeks ago. I stayed off of all the ones that have pregnant warnings. (Very few do) I figured I was better safe than sorry

April 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I went on one of those "cliff" drop water rides when I was 6 months along. >_> but yeah I guess you're not really supposed to...stick to the tame stuff and you should be fine.

TTC #3!
April 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpinkheels View Post
I would probably stick to the tame rides, and skip thunder mountain (which is my fave)
Thunder Mountain is being remodeled so she won't miss it bc she couldn't ride it anyway...My Family LOVES that ride...ALTHOUGH we got stuck in the mountain for 45 minutes one time
April 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Any ride where they tell you pregnant women can't get on, well, avoid. Other rides are pretty tame. I just flew to NYC from Miami so I think with the "baby-er" rides you should be ok.

Introducing the Minis

April 2nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
truthfully, it all comes down to what you feel comfy with. I dont think the rides at Disney are going to cause any problems at 9 weeks... but I didnt feel comfortable taking that chance. Youve got an ok from a doctor, so maybe you would feel more comfortable than I did.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search