Can't shake this cold

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sis_sweetpea

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been sick for the past week.

My last full day in New York, I got rained on and my sneakers/socks were soaked through. Came back to Miami on Tuesday and the cold weather followed us. By Wednesday, I was sick. Left for a cruise on Friday and the cold weather actually followed us to the Bahamas. Not only did I relapse fully back into sick but I picked up an ear infection and had to deal with that for two whole days on a boat. Tried to go to my primary yesterday only to be told that I now have to see the OB/GYN for everything but my 1st appt isn't until Friday and the dr was out in surgery yesterday. Thankfully they called in the antibiotics for me and I'm just waiting for this stuff to kick in. What has kicked in is an overly sensitive nose, so I spent a miserably nauseous day at work where I teach 100 girls daily, each one wearing a different scent. One girl in my 6th period class had on my least favorite scent, a peachy smell. But with this nose, I spent the class with my sweater covering my nose. Hope this isn't the way the rest of the trimester is going to go.

So to sum up: my throat hurts from coughing, my ear is filled with fluid and hurts, my stomach is not my best friend, and I'm filled with mucous just sitting in my throat daring me to try to cough it up so that I can launch into full-blown chunk chuck.

*Groan*

Introducing the Minis

April 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry that you are sick. I am a teacher, too, and their smells have been really bothering me, so I can relate!! Hang in there and I hope you find relief soon!!!

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
April 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry hun. Try to drink lots of water and OJ.

April 3rd, 2013, 01:14 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
April 3rd, 2013, 02:20 AM
robynpuff79's Avatar Veteran
I feel you.... I have a cough/headache/stuffy nose thing going on & there's nothing safe to take! I didn't know it was best to see the OB even for a cold. Good to know!

April 3rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh...I feel your pain a bit...I have the crazy stuffed sinuses, sneezing fits, and a bit of ear pain as well....hopefully it passes for all of us soon

April 3rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How miserable!

April 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Icky. Feel better soon.
April 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, ladies.

The head cold is gone but I spent a veeeeery miserable night coughing. Don't think I fell into a good sleep until around 3 or 4 only to get up at 5.

The ear is sloooooowly getting better. Just now realized the fluid is gone from it though it's still a little muted. It was horrible this morning. Guess the antibiotics are kicking in 2 days later; I'm used to the stuff working right away.

Water makes the mucous/nausea problem worse so I found that I've been drinking less. I used to drink like a fish. Going to have to find a workable substitute.

Introducing the Minis

April 3rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you feel so miserable! I taught prior to having our kids and go figure the year I was pregnant I got the kids right after their gym period. UGH!!! Talk about stinky teenage boys!

Hope you feel better soon!
April 3rd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you have been so sick, but I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better.
shana1979 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search