Fellow Team GREEN members?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Who will be waiting to find out the gender of their LO until the birth?

We have waited for all 3 of our kiddos! We feel there are so few surprises in life that it makes it extra special to wait. Plus I think it helps the last 1/2 of the pregnancy go by easier because your anticipation/excitement continues to grow.

That's not to say I'm not a planner. Just the opposite in fact! We purposefully picked out gender neutral baby gear and have many talented crafters in our family who made various blankets, bibs, etc. We had some baby basics for clothes in neutral colors and received a lot of gifts of clothes once they wer each born. Up until this one, our babies have always had a cream colored nursery. Now we moved into a new house and go figure, we had our daughter's room painted a light purple only to find out the next day we were pregnant. So boy or girl, this LO will be sharing a light purple room for at least awhile.
April 2nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not brave enough but truly admire those who are able to wait til the end. I just need to know the gender to get things organized, especially the nursery.
Christina642 and shana1979 like this.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:23 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Me! Here's how I see it: Boy or girl, nothing will change. We'll still be using our daughter's old clothes and baby gear, and yes that means pink stuff for a boy. Baby will still be sleeping in our room. Really the only thing that would be affected by knowing early is that we would only have to come up with a name (or a couple names to choose from) for one sex. I think the joy of the surprise at the end outweighs the minor inconvenience of looking at both boy and girl names
~Kris~ likes this.

April 2nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not me I'm also not brave enough. I have to be prepared for this lol. I figure its still a suprised what the baby looks like that I don't need to be suprised on if its a boy or girl. I admire those of you that can wait.
shana1979 likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are will do a cream or gray and white nursery with vintage accents
~Kris~ likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 03:46 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpinkheels View Post
We are will do a cream or gray and white nursery with vintage accents
We tought of doing this too but my boyfriend wants something ultra masculine if it's another boy. And he wants to make sure we leave the hospital with the baby wearing a hockey jersey lol. I'm really hoping it's a girl lol!
hotpinkheels likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We didn't find out with either of our girls and this will be a surprise too. While I think it's fine whatever people decide to do I always think its funny to hear you can't plan if you arnt finding out the sex. I planned everything but just didn't have pink or blue colors. I bought two shades of green paint from Serena and Lily with their matching green dot bedding and carpet. If you have never checked out their website, do! They have gorgeous fabrics. Everyone brought us girl clothes to the hospital as gifts so their closets were filled and I loved having gender neutral carseat and stroller etc. Most of my friends found out the sex so I know both ways are great. But I just loved having the surprise and having my husband shout, "it's a girl".

Plus if it's a boy we won't have to spend a lot of money buying new stuff.
~Kris~ likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks

Last edited by Lindz253; April 3rd, 2013 at 06:33 AM.
April 3rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just an no patience. I want to know right. Now. Lol and every day my daughter asks what we are having.

April 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we will be team green this go around....we found out with Wyatt but that was my decision pushing DH into it. This time around I am okay either way so I will leave it up to him. It would be kinda nice to know so that I can kinda stock up on clothes this summer over garage sale season if #2 is a girl but oh well....
~Kris~ likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 10:04 AM
NapturalBritton's Avatar Veteran
We're team green by default. My DH won't return from his deployment until mid August and I definitely don't want to find out without him. So we figure if we can make it that long we should push for the end. I think it'll be fun and he and I are both so competitive someone will be losing out on a bunch of bets on the sex once baby comes lol
~Kris~ likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
Not I! I toyed with the idea VERY briefly but honestly, I feel that it's a surprise either way you find out.. ultrasound or birth.

April 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im torn. I desperately want to go team Green, but know Im too weak, lol. Out of 7kids so far, only my first was a surprise, and I remember that incredible feeling at birth. (no u/s's back then unless medically necessary). I don't have absolutely any preference, so you would think it would be a no brainer. I even have infant boy/girl clothes from my last 3 baby's.........Why does this have to be so hard?!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 3rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
TEAM GREEN!

We are going for it! This is my last one and I have always wanted the surprise. Other than clothes we wouldn't need anything if this one is a boy. Almost everything we have is pretty gender neutral. I am sure I even have some boy jammies laying around that I picked up on sale and made my girls wear.

It is going to be really hard for us to not find out. I get gestational diabetes so I average an ultrasound a month in the second half of pregnancy to measure the baby. I hope the tech doesn't let it slip. :lol
~Kris~ likes this.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

April 3rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so not a gender neutral type of person. We don't have a nursery to decorate, but I like calling the baby by name. It helps bond to the unborn baby and see them as an actual person. Especially true for the kids. Plus I'll be making most of our needs and I'll need time to do that.

When did green become gender neutral? Unless its lime green and pink, I've never put green on my girls!

April 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamNick View Post
TEAM GREEN!

It is going to be really hard for us to not find out. I get gestational diabetes so I average an ultrasound a month in the second half of pregnancy to measure the baby. I hope the tech doesn't let it slip. :lol
We just made sure that we told the u/s tech right away when we went in. With my daughter, 2 of the 3 u/s I had were in the last week before she was born. My hubby suggested finding out at that last one and I told him no way, we had waited so long a couple more days would be okay! I usually faced away from the screen too so that I wouldn't find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABs View Post
When did green become gender neutral? Unless its lime green and pink, I've never put green on my girls!
I've always heard of green and yellow as neutral, in pastel shades typically.
April 3rd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABs View Post
I put my daughter in every color It's really mostly boys who suffer from the "color = gender" thing. Put a boy in pink and people will talk, but no one's going to bat an eye at a girl wearing blue.

Personally, I love green, especially as a "neutral" color. There are so many beautiful shades that look nice on either gender

April 3rd, 2013, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
And really, I've seen pink on boys in the past few years too-polos or shortalls with pink in it! I'm not into it, but I've seen it!

I also consider red, orange, grey, brown, black, white, cream to be gender neutral, but I've green is what I've heard people use as far as what team you are on.
April 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yellow feels neutral. But its so awful on a jaundiced newborn! I think white on a newborn is sweet and would work for either gender! I made a yellow and green blanket in pastel shades and it looked very boy!

April 3rd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with girls being able to wear more colors then boys. My girls had blue dresses, but they were very feminine. Never green though! Unless it was St Patrick's day. Or lime green with pink!

I find it harder to outfit boys. Its like navy and light blue are the only colors. I put my boys in lots of bright primary colors. Red, orange, green (especially lime green) and blues. Its almost impossible to buy anything that appeals to us.

April 3rd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
It's just team pink/green/blue .. I don't think there's anything special behind it. Plus Team Yellow doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely. Team Cream is just weird lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search