Bigger vehicle?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Anybody considering getting a bigger vehicle because of the new addition?
April 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We bought a van when I found out I was pregnant with our third but ended up loosing the baby at 16 weeks, which was about one week after we purchased our van. I love my van even though I always said I would never buy one. It's too convenient not to have a van while my kiddos are young!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 3rd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just bought a new van. I had a van before, and I wish we would have kept that van and traded in my hubby's Honda civic, because now he can't take the kids anywhere.

April 3rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes we need to and I don't really want to get rid of my car
April 3rd, 2013, 08:49 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope...when we bought our Lucerne we had both car seats with to try out in cars when we were shopping....make sure two would fit nicely without too much hastle....

maybe in a couple years....but we will be looking more at a crossover/suv like an Enclave or Tahoe
hotpinkheels likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Super Mommy
We actually bought a new Suburban back in Dec. I had a Durango but wanted something bigger for my kiddos and my dogs since we travel a lot. We really like the cargo space. I'm not a van type person and I also need my vehicles to be able to haul my horse trailer in the event the hubby has the truck at work.

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
April 3rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd love for us to get a SUV (not a van fan), but we can't afford it. Still paying off the current car, plus hubbie has a 45 min commute to work, so the extra gas mileage would be killer.

April 3rd, 2013, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We currently have an Explorer which can fit the 3 car seats in the middle row and then we keep the third row folded down for more cargo space. Once it's up, there's nothing left! As much as I don't really like mini vans, maybe we should have gotten one. But we got the Explorer back when we only had 1 kid!

Part of me wants to get a van because I think it will be a more convenient. But the other part of me doesn't want to spend money! We haven't had a car payment in over 3 years and after just moving into a house and spending some money on improvements, I wouldn't feel comfy using any more of our savings for the purchase and so we'd have to finance the difference over 2/3 years.

Our thought is to keep the 3 youngest in the middle row and have our oldest crawl in thru the back door, but in the winter months that might be yucky with wetness. Then for trips where we'd need more cargo room we'd get one of those carriers that go into the hitch.

ACK!!! I just don't know!!!
April 3rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
We have a tacoma and the back seat fits both seats with room for a bum inbetween. If we ever had a third (which isn't happening) I'd just buy 2 more Radians since they fit 3 across. Lucy rides in a Radian and I bought a Britax as her 2nd seat which will become this kiddos main seat

April 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really want an Acadia. We have a car and truck right now.
April 3rd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have an 8 seater Chevy Venture. It can fit 7 people well. It has a back bench and three full seats in the middle. It was really nice when we had a 3 across situation! We can easily and one more with minimal fuss. One of my girls will just need to wait for the 5 pt harness kids to be buckled up before getting in the car. Not as convenient as our current situation, but very doable.

April 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a crossover/SUV. So we have enough room but it is going to be a pain because my oldest is going to have climb into the back. I am hoping to trade it in at some point but probably not for a couple years.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

April 3rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Town and Country Van, and will need something bigger! I currently have three carseats and 2 kids without carseats. 2 baby's are in the captain chairs and 1 carseat/2 kids in the back bench.....its already a hassel to get everyone in and out. Soon to have 4 carseats! need to fit 8 people more comfortable......

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually joked to hubby that we should just bite the bullet and get a 12 passenger van, saying that down the line it'd be useful if we are hauling kids+ their friends around. But I just got a look. And since I don't think they ever come with leather seats I don't think he'd ever agree to it!
April 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I thought about it, but we just can't afford it, either buying a new (well, used) van/SUV or the lower gas mileage. Two car seats will fit in our sedan as long as we turn Nova's Britax forward facing, otherwise it sticks out too much to fit anywhere but the middle. It shouldn't be too bad, although having the car seats next to the windows/doors makes me a little nervous.

April 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just bought a new Lincoln MKX in June. But there is only enough room for one car seat, not two! So we'll be buying a new vehicle sometime before they are born.

April 3rd, 2013, 03:06 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
Both my husband and I just have 4 door cars but they're both paid off so i don't really want a new vehicle because i don't want a car payment!

I know someday down the road we will need a new one but with finishing our basement, our roof this summer and the baby coming i'm hoping it won't be a necessity anytime soon.

April 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
I thought about it, but we just can't afford it, either buying a new (well, used) van/SUV or the lower gas mileage. Two car seats will fit in our sedan as long as we turn Nova's Britax forward facing, otherwise it sticks out too much to fit anywhere but the middle. It shouldn't be too bad, although having the car seats next to the windows/doors makes me a little nervous.
I'd just put her RF behind the drivers seat and baby's seat behind the passengers seat. That's the set up we use. We no longer have car seats in the middle since the base of the Britax is too fat to have anything next to it

April 3rd, 2013, 04:54 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
We just bought a 2013 4Runner earlier this year. It has less than 10k miles on it. It probably has enough room for two carseats plus DS, but I'm worried that he's gonna be cramped back there with the babies. The Seqouia's have 3rd row seating, and DH says we can look at those, but I really love my 4Runner.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
April 3rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just bought a Honda Pilot last year and I only have the two older kids. If I do get another car, it will be a used one for the oldest kiddo-- he's 16, will be 17 before November.

Introducing the Minis

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search