Anybody else slacking on cooking dinner

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
UGH! I am always like this in the beginning. I have no motivation to cook because most things don't sound good. With the other pregnancies I was super guilty of calling hubby when he'd be on his way home so he could pick something up a few times a week, but now we're farther out and it would be cold by the time it got here. I need to figure out dinner and just don't feel like it!
April 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm slacking on everything! But especially the cooking department. I'm just too sick to cook and cooking seems to make the nausea even worse. It will pass though (hopefully sooner than later!!) and I'll be a good mom/wife once again!

April 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I'm too hungry to slack. I just started making dinner and it's not even 4pm yet, but I'm so hungry I can't wait! We don't keep snacks around and we're very low on food right now, so my only option is dinner. Or dry cereal

I do wish I could just have hubby pick something up some days, but he'd only do it once in a great while because he's weird about food in ways I can't explain because I don't get it myself
LuckyCharm likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes! We've been doing takeout far too often lately...

10 weeks

April 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup! I'm not even pretending to care this time around! I stocked up on healthy snacks and we have been snacking through the day with no formal meals. I only have so much energy and I'm not using it on a meal that no one wants! Well my girls would, but they don't care and my DH is usually not home during the week. I'm grossed out by cooking meat.

April 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I'm kind of lucky because my husband is a chef so i don't really cook much anyway. XD

But yes, on days i have to, i've definitely been slacking. And my house is a disaster.

April 3rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me. Slacking all aroudv
April 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. I made a frozen pizza yesterday around 3:30 and when DH came home, basically told him he could have a piece or make whatever he wanted for himself! LOL

Tonight we are having soup and biscuits--nice and easy.

April 3rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
seaside's Avatar Veteran
my biggest cooking accomplishment this week included tuna salad, chicken nuggets, rice, and pasta w/butter oregano and cheese ( not all on the same day ) and I like to cook but if it takes more than 10 minutes I pass... give yourself a break! sandwiches on whole grain bread w/some veggies are a great meal and take 2-3 minutes to make. just stock the fridge w/easy stuff!

April 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes! My poor kids have been eating basically gold fish all day long. I havnt cooked in about two weeks.
~Kris~ likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 3rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha I was JUST coming to post that it's 6:00 and I have no desire to cook dinner. My poor hubby is getting tired of takeout, so I suppose he's just going to have to cook tonight, because I have zero energy, motivation or desire to cook anything. Nothing sounds good, and everything takes weird to me lately. Glad it's not just me.

April 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Slacking all around, I'm such a bum lately
April 3rd, 2013, 03:44 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I'm slacking majorly. DH has been doing most of the cooking and cleaning lately. He's really awesome. I have days tho where I feel alright and start cleaning, but then I feel so exhausted afterwards. I'm hoping my energy and appetite both come back strong soon.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
April 3rd, 2013, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz253 View Post
Yes! My poor kids have been eating basically gold fish all day long. I havnt cooked in about two weeks.
My kids had goldfish and yogurt for lunch the other day. They are picky eaters anyway, so as long as they are eating lunch (and it's not complete junk) they can choose!

Good to know I'm not the only one not feeling like cooking lately! I called hubby and had him pick up KFC for us and McDs for the kids (they won't eat chicken from KFC and I didn't want McDs). It wasn't quite as hot/crispy as I would have liked, but it was certainly better than trying to cook something.

I think I'll have to pull out the crock pot more, that way I can toss stuff in and let it cook itself!
April 3rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I made orange chicken with broccoli and it was delicious but it made me feel so sick!

During my first pregnancy I remember we had to eat spaghetti and garlic bread every night for almost 2 solid months because that was the only thing that sounded good

April 3rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
cooking makes me nauseas. I cook very rarely right now

April 3rd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Regular
I am slacking on everything across the board. I can barely eat at all and cooking puts me right over the edge it is so hard. Jeff and Maya have had way to much take out in the last month.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
NapturalBritton's Avatar Veteran
I just started back cooking last week, but I'm so happy no one is here for me to cook for because they would be so disappointed. The only reason I have to cook now is because this small town I live in doesn't have many food options and I'm to the point where most greasy foods make me sick so...yea huh I can't wait til my husband gets home in August! Lol
April 3rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm the opposite. I never cook. I know I need to do better, but I usually live on fast food. But nothing sounded good today, so I cooked spaghetti. And it came out pretty good.
LuckyCharm likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
April 3rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right HERE!!!! I"m slacking majorly. It's so bad my husband is cooking tonight which never happens. He must be desperate lol. And before this pregnancy my kid was on a strict diet and was never really allowed processed food. That's out the window right now. We'll get back on track soon hopefully.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search