Baby gear

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By CarolinaMama
  • 1 Post By LuckyCharm
  • 2 Post By SpankyMagoo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name one piece of baby gear you couldn't live without and one that was a waste of money/space

One I loved: I would say one of my favorite things at the beginning was something called an itzbeen. It was basically a timer that kept track f feeds, diaper changes and i set my meds on it because I couldn't remember anything.

One that was pointless : this Eddie Bauer bassinet. Baby would not sleep on it! I sold it pretty quickly to get it out of my way.

April 4th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Super Mommy
For us, the swing has been an absolute must for both of the kiddos. The biggest waste was the diaper genie! I always just tossed them in the trash. Every now and then I'd put one in the diaper genie but then forget about it and when I opened it 2 months later I almost puked!
Lotsakids and The Aubrey like this.

April 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I 100% ditto CarolinaMama!!

April 4th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
The swing! I refused to buy it while pregnant the first time. My newborn son would not nap for more than 20 minutes at the time and i was completely exausted. I finally gave in and bought the swing and my life suddenly got much better since my son could nap for hours in it.
We didn't use the pack'n play that much.
Lotsakids likes this.

Last edited by LuckyCharm; April 4th, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
April 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I babywear so I can not live without my sling. I loved my Maya Wrap and Moby Wrap.

Bumbo was a waste of money for us.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

April 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our swing (er, swings as our orginal died on us!) was a must have!

Diaper genie was a waste!
April 4th, 2013, 06:28 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I love so many of my baby items. Swing, Rock and Play Sleeper, Colic Calm, and my Boppy.

My Ergo, Moby, and Maya were a waste cause my daughter refused to go in them. Hopefully #2 will like them.

(I really liked my Diaper Champ. It takes regular bags and keeps the smell in really well)

April 4th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Something we couldn't live without? Probably the car seat. Something that is useless? For us it's the change table. We NEVER use it & it only ever gets junk piled up on it. So no change table this time

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 4th, 2013, 07:04 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I used a small dresser as a changing table. I used it when she was newborn, but I never used it after that and I never felt guilty cause it just became a dresser
LuckyCharm and Txmom4 like this.

April 4th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
So many wastes, Nova hated everything! Every swing we tried was a bust (back and forth, side to side, bassinet-style, sitting up, fast, slow, not on, etc etc). Biggest waste though was the crib. It sat in her room for a year, and held clothes, became a diaper changing station when she outgrew the changing table, and has never been slept in.

Must haves by far are my Boppy (used multiple times a day every day for at least a year, probably a couple months longer) and carriers - Sleepy Wrap for newborn, Ergo for older baby.

April 4th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have so many loves. Being that I have 4 kids lmao. I loved my Moby wrap. If you got more than one kid some kind of carrier is a must have. I also loved my rain forest jumper when he got bigger. Also the exersaucer. A swing has been a hit and miss with my kids so that's a love hate thing lol. Oh and a good breast pump!

Lets see waste for us was a crib every time. Bumbo was the biggest waste. Agian a swing was a hit and miss so its on both list.
April 5th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
^^We loved the rainforest jumper at our house too and well as the exersaucer! Loved the moby wrap and the video monitor for sure. After the first 2 months I put my girls in their cribs and we used the crib and changing table every day. I also used the boppy every day and my girls used that to sit with instead of the bumbo.

Bumbo and pack n play were never used.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 5th, 2013, 06:53 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the FP rock n play sleeper. Ds slept so much better at an incline and before he was teething he sttn in it for 2 months. Our swing was a life saver too.

He isn't sleeping in his crib yet so I would say that was a waste. We could of waited on that big purchase. Once he's sttn again I'll start putting him in his room. Hopefully soon!

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

April 5th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
My son also loved the Jolly Jumper. It was a great way to keep him busy an dhappy while I'd cook dinner or got dressed.

April 5th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wanted to come back and add that the crib for us was also very useful! It's been used nearly nonstop for almost 8 years now! Each of the kids slept in it right from the start.
April 6th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved my angel care monitor, I couldn't sleep peacefully without it.

Wastes- we had this rocking chair that our son fell out of the side of. Not safe at all, and hate they still sell chairs like it.
April 6th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved my angel care monitor, I couldn't sleep peacefully without it.

Wastes- we had this rocking chair that our son fell out of the side of. Not safe at all, and hate they still sell chairs like it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search