Watching My Weight

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Books_kids

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel a little guilty worrying about weight gain but I don't want to gain any. I was just about to get back to the business of losing now that my foot has healed from Achilles Tendonitis. So I weigh myself every morning. So far, so good. I am still in the same range as before getting pregnant. Now I want to get to the business of losing again.

I do have a good precedence from my other two pregnancies. My first child, I gained 6lbs, he weighed 7.2. With my second child, I gained 9 lbs. He weighed 6.15. All my weight came on afterwards during the hormonal fluctuation. I'm going to avoid giving in to that this time. This is the heaviest I've been. With my second child, I weighed 200lbs I think. With my first child, I weight 175. I now weigh a whopping 246lbs and that's not even my peak weight. I hit 271lbs at the lowest point in my life.

I've just been so tired that I haven't hit the park walking yet. I have no physical motivation to.

Introducing the Minis

April 4th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Super Mommy
I talked to my Dr. about that today. He has never been concerned or made me feel bad bc of my weight but he understands. He said I can do the GD eating plan and he'd let me know if I'm not gaining enough.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
April 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
I hear ya! I want to get back to the gym so badly, but I really want to talk to the doc about it first. I keep telling myself to just go and don't push to hard and it'll be fine.

April 5th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I found it so much harder to lose the weight after each of the kids, probably because of age so I really don't want to gain too much this time around. I also have been weighing myself each morning. It fluctuates a couple of pounds depending on what I've eaten, but overall I haven't gained yet. I walked 2 days this week and am hoping to get back to more of it next week. With my 3rd pregnancy (where I gained the least amount) I walked about 20 miles a week.
April 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been going to gym (just with toned down workouts) and trying very hard not to eat just to eat. I have stayed at exactly the same weight as I was before I found out I was pg. My doctor told me I should be exercising everyday (yeah right), but my goal is to do something active every day, whether it be a walk or going to the gym. Not only do I not want to gain a lot of weight (especially because my hubby takes such good care of himself) but I heard it's really good for baby too.

I have been tired lately, so I took a break from the gym, but I found once I got myself there I left with so much more energy and I felt so good.

At the same time I was just reading the post about how everyone is in maternity pants already and it just makes me feel sad because it's another symptom I don't have. Gah, I just can't wait until the 16th so I know there is actually something alive and well in there!!
April 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always get double posts. Grr.

Last edited by slp2012; April 5th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
April 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I just found out I'm having twins and I have no physical indication of that. But I know a multiples pregnancy tend to mean weight gain. Tomorrow I go back to working out.

Introducing the Minis

April 5th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Each pregnancy I've gained excessive weight 70+ and not lost it all post baby. I'm hoping to keep it under control this go around. Especially with the others I was a gym fanatic and with this one I have no time for the gym. Just working out from home and walking. Hopefully we can all have healthy weight gain together.
April 5th, 2013, 11:46 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm watching the weight gain already too. So far I've lost a pound but that doesn't mean it won't pile on quickly for me. I hardly gained anything the first 20 weeks last time but by delivery I had gained 40 pounds. I'm really hoping to stay under 30 pounds this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search