God Parents?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chelseamb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally don't so the whole God parent thing for my children but are you? And do you already have them picked out?

April 5th, 2013, 05:29 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did with my son but not again. The people I know don't really. No won't be having God parents again.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
April 5th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Super Mommy
We're not religious, we're not even married, but we tought it would be nice for our son to have one of our friends be close to our son. He only has a Godmother so far , don't know if he'll ever have a Godfather. For this upcoming baby, we'll probably do the same thing.

April 5th, 2013, 07:01 AM
MarineWife_03's Avatar Super Mommy
We are religious and our daughter has godparents. And if baby #2 sticks they will too. But we already have them picked out! Our family doesn't know yet. But once baby is born we will tell them.

2007- 3 Miscarriages -all reasons unknown
05/11- BFP
07/11- miscarriage #4-
12/11- first cycle to try IUI w/BFP
03/12- miscarraige #5 at 12weeks
12/12- miscarriage #6 at 8 weeks
April 5th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is going to be hard for us! We are Catholic and feel it is very important to choose Godparents that can help guide our kids over the years. So far all our siblings (except BIL that has no contact with the family) are Godparent to either one of our kids or my sister's kids. One of my cousins is Godfather to our son too. I think we might have to ask more of my cousins this time. Part of me feels a little bad since I know they'd probably like to be Godparents to their own nieces/nephews too. I guess down the line they could be Godparent to multiple kids though.

None of our friends are practicing Catholics, so no luck there.
April 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
We are religious as well and we feel it is very important to have God parents for our children. My oldest daughter has a Godmother who is my best friend but I call her my sister. Her God father died back when she was a toddler. My husbands girls don't have God parents because their mother refuses to have them and she is legally over religion. But this baby will have them and the God mother will be my best friend who is like my sister and the God father will be my husbands best guy friend who is like his brother.
April 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know anyone personally who has the same views as I do regarding raising children and religious stuff , who I trust that much so I won't be. I guess I better plan on living forever !
Angelgirl30 likes this.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
April 5th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Super Mommy
No, I thought that was just a Catholic thing? At any rate we also don't baptise babies. Its a decision they make as an adult.

April 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are religious but we can pick anyone we want as godparents. Both my girls have the same godparents my sister and my husband's brother. Same ones for this little bean.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

April 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter has a godmother, but it is not official. We never did the christening ceremony. I haven't decided anything about this one.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search