The never ending stress battle

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mindyjean
  • 1 Post By LABs
  • 1 Post By blakesgirl09
  • 1 Post By LuckyCharm
  • 1 Post By sis_sweetpea

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 10:39 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been crying all morning.
My parents are drunks. I've lived with it my whole life. I'm happy to report that my mom is trying to turn her part around.
Not my step dad! Being as it was his bday yesterday he laid it on. Was drinking since noon all day! So I called in a tip to the local police.
I asked to remain anonymous but told them he was at his local waterin hole and always leaves there and drives home...
Well the PO called me....,
" did YOU call in the drunk driver?"
"Yes I did!"
"We'll are you his ex wife or something" in an annoyed angry tone....
"No, I'm his daughter!"
"Really... How old are you.?"
"30..." By now I was getting ticked off
" alright then, well let me tell you what's going on.... He's not drunk. We asked him and he's only had a couple drinks. We talked to the waitresses and they assurEd us that they never let him drive home drunk."
"Ok then thank you....."

The officer proceeded to go into the bar, tell my step dad it was ME WHO CALLED... Then. Told him that a false report like I did was a punishable offence and told him to go into his district office in the morning and file charges against me!!!!!
So now my step dad... The only real dad I've known my whole life is pressing charges against me ... The officer did NOT do a breathalyzer, told my step dad it was me AFTER I asked to remain anonymous and then proceeded to tell my step dad how annoyed his was by my "false accusation"

My "dad" has been drunk pretty much every day for the last 11 years. Nearly killed himself on numerous occasions and others as well as others...
The last straw was hearing he was driving my brothers around yesterday (14 and 11) while he was drunk!!!
He sent a threatening email to my mom this morning tell her we need to watch our backs.
This ladies.... Is my family

My brothers have completely been brainwashed by him. Told that my mom is the problem and that she won't let the family heal and repair. She has been asking him to leave for years and he refuses...

Ugh I'm so stressed. I begged him to quit drinking. I begggggged him. He quit for a month. And promised e he wouldn't drinki anymore. I'm just beside myself.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
April 5th, 2013, 12:50 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear this. Dealing with an alcoholic is never an easy thing to do.
chelseamb likes this.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
April 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! I'd report the officer! Does he know nothing about drunks? It doesn't take much to get them drunk! I never met my grandfather because he crashed into a tree drunk before I was born. Luckily he was alone in the car!
chelseamb likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 02:34 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ALL of my parents are alcoholics as well. I know what you are dealing with and I am so so sorry. (((((HUGS)))))
chelseamb likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I called the report line to place a complaint at 10 this morning, and have heard nothing back from any officers yet. I doubt I will. However DF is furious! He is wanting to sue the police force for putting a "witness"" in danger by releasing the name of someone who wanted to be anonymous! It's pretty nasty! My grandfather has finally stepped in and has gotten in contact with a few different places within the city.

IIF the officer and my step dad DO indeed write up a charge against me and try to pursue it, I do have a legal case against the city unfortunately. When you file a complaint or place a tip it legally HAS TO BE LOOKED INTO! With every means necesarry before dismissing it. I did research. That would be like an officer going to a drug house and asking the man or woman who open the door if ther are drugs inside then taking their word for it when they say no.

The officer was "put out" and "annoyed" as he told my dad... So I'm guessing he didn't do a thing. .... Here's the kicker... My dad is a firearms trainer for smith n wessen(sp) and my biggest fear is this raging alcoholic who keeps threatening my mom and has very easy access to guns, locked in his gun case , will do something stupid... I informed the officer last night his vehicle was caged with a gun case in the back... They still didn't care!

I've been crying all day. But my grandfather had it and he now wants me to back out and leave it be. I'm not to answer the phone at all anymore and keep all voicemails left.

So here's to a "relaxing" weekend

But thank you ladies. I don't have many people in life I can turn too

[IMG]
April 5th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. It hurts to feel so powerless. If i didn't live 4 provinces away, i'd come and hug you right now.
You should definitely file a complain againts the PO the obviously was not professionnal.
chelseamb likes this.

April 5th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope that it is looked into and the officer gets in trouble.
chelseamb likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
April 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this and I hope it all gets worked out!

April 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Ty again ladies. The good news is I haven't heard from him the bad is I also haven't heard from the complaint department

[IMG]
April 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I'm sorry Chelsea.

If it does come to anything make sure you include in your statement that confidentiality was breached and you were making an anonymous call, also that you had your step-dad's best interests at heart and a summary of the history.

It probably won't once the initial anger dies down.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search