Confusion & emotional

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 01:51 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
So I am confused and do not know what to think. If any background is needed then I can provide it. How long do you generally have to be to see a sac or anything on an ultrasound? What are levels range at (for normal) at 5 weeks? I h ave a follow up appointment on Monday.
April 6th, 2013, 04:51 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought I was 7 weeks and some days when I went in to us. She said I was about 5 weeks and 5 days or 6 weeks on the dot. I saw a large yolk sack. I will go again next we'd to get a dating. Go with what s going on with you.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
April 6th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Super Mommy
My OB office won't even allow you in until you hit 8 weeks, but prefers 10!! It is HORRIBLE having to wait that long knowing nothing!! I love my OB though, so I don't want to switch!! I found out around 3 weeks pregnant with all 3 of mine, so I had to wait 6-7 weeks!!!!

April 6th, 2013, 06:32 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You should see a sac when your hcg is over 1000. A yolk sac is seen around week 5. I had an u/s at 5 weeks 4 days and fetal pole was only 2mm. It was too early to see a hb. From what I read a HB won't be present until fetal pole is 5mm.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

April 6th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
I got my first u/s at 6 wks and saw the baby and heard the heartbeat but I was also warned that there was a possibility that I wouldn't see it as well! I would definitely not be discouraged at this point! I also would not accept the "no baby" answer till at least 8-10 weeks. Sometimes u/s techs have a very hard time finding them. I have a tilted uterus and they had a hard time finding my bean. Stay strong and positive!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

April 6th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Are you sure when you ovulated? I ovulated on CD 20 so I'm really 6 weeks 1 day pregnant. I'm waiting for 2nd u/s to get an edd

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

April 6th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Also its hard to tell anything from one lab. 5 weeks average is 18 to 7340

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

April 6th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I have never had an early u/s so I don't know the answers to your questions but I should think it's too early to say for sure. I will be thinking of you on Monday and I really hope they have some answers for you. Stay strong. Xxx.

April 6th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
Now I am just worried that the exam did something. Can that happen?
April 6th, 2013, 12:53 PM
robynpuff79's Avatar Veteran
I had my first appointment @ 6 weeks and I saw the sac and saw/heard the heartbeat, but to be honest I couldn't really see that much. The doctor said I was seeing the sac, so I tried to look really close, but it didn't look like much to me!

April 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
At 5 weeks there wouldn't be much to see. A number above 20 HcG is pg. What is important is the doubling rate. You need two tests to compare at least 48 hrs apart. It can be 3+ days apart even. You just have to do more math!

April 6th, 2013, 01:33 PM
See this is where the confusion comes in. They said my levels were far too low to be more then a couple of weeks, but that does not make sense. My last cycle was Feb. 22nd. I DTD on the 7th and the 13th. So that at the least would be 3 weeks ago to 4 weeks ago. They said my levels were only 113. I do of course have a follow up with the doctors for another lab on Monday.

I guess good sign is today I am tired even after sleeping well last night, I am feeling full and hungry (my stomach feels full but hungry, and I am feeling a little blah. So I guess I can hope right.?
April 6th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This whole baby growing thing isn't the exact science it seems to be in the books. Sperm can live up to 5+ days. If you ovulated late, then there you go. I think sometimes it takes longer for implantation to occur. Your starting HcG is more in the 4 week range, but still normal for 5 weeks. My babies always measure small in the first trimester. Even my 98% kid! That's why I request a HcG as soon as I get a positive home test. I'm told every baby that I'm not as far along as I think I am. My last baby measured nearly 3 weeks off! I knew my ovulation date and had an early HcG test to prove my date. He caught up at 20 weeks just like my others and was a very healthy baby.

Hang tight! You'll know more after your next blood test!

April 6th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks it is getting to that day that is going to drive me nuts. I am beginning to feel like a poking cushion. LOL!
April 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am pretty sure this baby is a late O (by at least a couple of days,) late implantation baby. By my period I should be due 26th of October, I had already given myself 2 extra days because my cycle is 30 days long, not 28, & the scan showed me to be another 6 days longer than that.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 6th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I am worried for the fresh blood.
April 6th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
See this is why I didn't know what my due date was. I had spotting in Feb and Spotting in March. My last actual period was Jan. I know I ovulated in Jan but in Feb we only DTD 1 time and that was pretty early in my cycle. I didn't even think I ovulated and that's why just spoting in march. Well apparently Eric has super sperm and that stuff stayed around and I ovulated late so if I was to go off of my last period then I would be further along. But according to my ultrasound yesterday I'm only 7 weeks today.

So with all that said I bet you ovulated later than you think and it's just going to be a little longer before you see something in the ultrasound.

Girl were all here for you. I'm sure come Monday your numbers will have gone up and you will see something
April 6th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Yea I hope so. Waiting is excruciating and especially with bleeding. It is nothing significant and not on panties, but see it when I wipe. It has dripped in the toilet as well. Trying to ignore it. It bothers me that I have had what looks like tissue or like clots. And yet again not in excessives but all the same bothersome.

Last edited by jennmommyoftwobeauties; April 6th, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search