I was right! Back from my U/S!

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABs View Post
I'll call tomorrow and see if it will change my care this early in the game. So many people don't know they are having twins until further along, so I don't know if it will change anything this early. They are naturally occurring without the aid of a fertility dr. that would typically monitor things. I told the nurse at my intake appt that I suspected twins and she didn't seem concerned at all that I could be right. Well she did say I could get an appt a week early, but that was because of my ovulation date vs. lmp.

Still so weird that I ovulated on day 6 of my cycle and did it twice! The whole situation is nearly fantastical!
Day 6?!?! Whoa! How long are your cycles and your periods normally?

Introducing the Minis

April 11th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
WOW! Congrats! Do we have a record number of twins for this DDC yet?!

April 11th, 2013, 07:48 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg! What is with all the twins?? LOL. That is great though!!

April 11th, 2013, 08:04 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!

April 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, congrats!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
April 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
Congrats!!!

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
April 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shana1979 View Post
Day 6?!?! Whoa! How long are your cycles and your periods normally?
I've always had short cycles. Before I've always ovulated around day 15, but had to take Progesterone to lengthen my cycle long enough for implantation. It took 6 months to figure this out by charting, getting on hormones and getting the bfp on the first month with hormones. My first 3 were conceived with progesterone to lengthen my cycle. My fourth we were going to actively TTC the next month. Surprise! I noticed my cycle being short in about October. I thought it was a side effect of my IUD. Had the IUD removed in January, no fertility signs. Got some opk for my next cycle as I had fertility signs the day after AF ended and couldn't figure out what was going on. Had a 23 day cycle. Next month I started the opk while on day 4. Tested positive on day 6! 12 days later I got a positive hpt! I called and had blood work immediately to secure my due date. My babies all measure small in the first trimester and I didn't want to go overdue. I had a placental abruption with my second and she showed signs of being overdue. We went with u/s dating as I wasn't charting and driving myself crazy yet, just using Progesterone after fertility signs. My third was also overdue. I conceived him with no fertility signs. Still not sure how that happened, but we were thrilled. My cycle was messed up from the Mirena. My body is messed up! So I ovulated early and possibly twice as there are two sacks. People are saying they could still be identical in their own sacks though. I'm not sure exactly what is going on!

April 11th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
Wow that's awesome! Congrats!

April 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM
robynpuff79's Avatar Veteran
Definitely a good story.. Congratulations!

April 11th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Cupcake2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! Congrats on your twins!
April 11th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats x 2!!

The only way to tell for sure that the twins are fraternal or identical is genetic testing. If the egg splits between day 2 and 4 you will have 2 babies with 2 sacks and 2 placentas but they are identical. This is relatively new info since the introduction of genetic testing. There are many ID twins out there that think they are fraternal based on how many placentas were found. However, medical science now has proven that that just isn't true. If I remember correctly (and I might not) 30% of ID twins will be in different sacs.

And I must be really bad at reading u/s and I'm really not trying to be rude...but...what exactly is the arrow pointing at? I'm not seeing anything there?? I'm totally confused!

Found a website that says basically what I said. My info is pretty accurate!

Twin pregnancy - identical and fraternal twins - single fertilized egg splits - two sperm cells fertilize two eggs - Baby2see.com
LABs likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieRN View Post
Congrats x 2!!

The only way to tell for sure that the twins are fraternal or identical is genetic testing. If the egg splits between day 2 and 4 you will have 2 babies with 2 sacks and 2 placentas but they are identical. This is relatively new info since the introduction of genetic testing. There are many ID twins out there that think they are fraternal based on how many placentas were found. However, medical science now has proven that that just isn't true. If I remember correctly (and I might not) 30% of ID twins will be in different sacs.

And I must be really bad at reading u/s and I'm really not trying to be rude...but...what exactly is the arrow pointing at? I'm not seeing anything there?? I'm totally confused!

Twin pregnancy - identical and fraternal twins - single fertilized egg splits - two sperm cells fertilize two eggs - Baby2see.com
My twin brothers are 23 and they were always called ferternal because of the two sacs, but they look exactly alike. We really think they are identical, I think they should get DNA tests done to see.
StacieRN likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieRN View Post
Congrats x 2!!

The dreams I had I thought had identical twin girls. It would make more sense then suddenly ovulating twice!

The pic is hard to see. The arrow is pointing at one of the sacks. Below that one and slightly to the left is the second sac. An abdominal u/s this early it was hard to get a good pic. I've got pics of each sack and baby by themselves too. Each sack had a blob with a flickering HB. It was taken at the mall! I didn't have that high of expectations for diagnostic quality! I'll try to get better pics next week from a diagnostic sonographer. It was quite easy to see IRL that there were two in their own sacks. I guess we have to wait until they are born to see if they are identical or not. I'm learning so much!
StacieRN likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl mine was done at the dr and I posted the pic she gave me, it's literally a blob measuring the HR, yours looks like mine minus one. I'm seriously questioning this sonographers ability lol thank goodness I'm going to the perinatologist at 15 weeks and they have a very high tech machine.
LABs likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search