Ultrasounds

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lindz253
  • 1 Post By LABs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
What is the earliest they can detect something on the ultrasound monitor without doing the internal one? I really do not want to do the internal monitor again with the bleeding and what not that I am having.
April 10th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an external one done in the 5 week range with my second daughter, but they couldn't see much at the time, & we didn't see a baby.

I *think* I had one around 6 1/2 weeks with DD1 & we could see the baby & the heart beat.

It varies though. Some babies/heart beats aren't picked up on u/s until 7 1/2 weeks.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an external done with mine cause I was 10-11 weeks at the time. That's the earliest they've ever done that to me.
April 10th, 2013, 07:13 PM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
When I went 2 weeks ago they did external first and we could see the gestational sac, but it looked empty until they did the internal and saw the yolk sac. I was measuring 5w1d at that point.

April 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had an external today. We were able to get measurements and see the little hb. The baby's were small, but you could see. They were measuring a week behind which is normal for me. All my babies measure small in the first trimester! So they were the size of nearly 7 week babes

April 10th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I am just concerned that doing another internal will cause more problems and more bleeding.
April 10th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With how things have been going for you I'd be weary of anything internal as well.

April 10th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Yea ....I just do not know what to do but I know that I need to figure out things. Level read on Friday.
April 11th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe start with external to see if you can see anything then discuss if an internal could cause any harm?
shana1979 likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I had an external at 7.5 weeks, when i was measuring 6 weeks and 6 days and we were able to see everything fine, but i'm guessing it differs by person. I've never had an internal...

April 11th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my external when I thought I was right before 7 weeks and was measuring about 6. I guess it depends on the machine.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
April 11th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Yea this doctor is also telling me that my walking has nothing to do with the bleeding, but strangely I go to bed at night and wake up with little to no bleeding and then once I begin to walk around it starts to bleed.
April 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Follow your intuition! I'd rest as much as possible with two kids to look after!
hopingforbabymc likes this.

April 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Super Mommy
My dr. did an external one at first when I was 6w3d, could see the sac and my SCH. Then he switched to the internal and we saw the yolk sac and a beginning heartbeat. He didn't measure but was thinking I was closer to 5.5-6w (which according to when we conceived I would have been 5w6d). Looks like you'll be over 7w I bet they will be able to use the external. However the internal is not nearly as rough as a pap or anything, they just place it in there gently.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13
April 11th, 2013, 06:38 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I agree with LABs, I'd rest as much as possible. As much as your Dr. knows, he isn't inside of your body watching everything. If u bleed when you're active, try to stay resting as much as possible.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
April 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Right now all I am doing is going to the bathroom. I had to get my kids meals but outside of that I am doing nothing, and it seems that today the blood has picked up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search