I am sick of feeling sick

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bumbleboo12
  • 2 Post By GollyMolly
  • 2 Post By StacieRN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 08:38 AM
bumbleboo12's Avatar Super Mommy
So I started having morning sickness a little after I was 6 weeks along, and so far it has not let up any. How long did your morning sickness last? With my first, I had it from 7 weeks to 13 weeks, then it was gone overnight! I am praying that I get some relief soon. I feel like I am going to throw up all the time, I have no appetite, and I struggle to eat anything.

I just want to feel normal again

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine lasted until 27 weeks and started again in the last month. I literally counted the days until 13 weeks hoping it stop and didn't. I'm feeling like crud over here too.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

April 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain. I throw up in my daycare's driveway this morning. YUCK.

With my last I had M/S the whole pregnancy. I think around week 16 my doctor finally gave me some medicine because I was losing weight. He did say if I had mentioned it earlier he would have given me the meds earlier.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

April 11th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its different for every pg! Some hit hard hard and fast, other babies it lingers. I'm hoping mine will stop soon like my third and not linger the whole pg like my second!

April 11th, 2013, 10:45 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Teamnick my doc said last week to let her know if I need anything for m/s I'm like are you kidding me? Why didn't you say that with Ds before??? I lost weight too!

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

April 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my first it didn't start until later but lasted well in to the second tri. With my second it started way earlier but ended earlier. With my third I was deathly ill from the positive test until about 15 weeks which is when they think the baby's heart stopped (from the measurements at my 16 weeks appt.) This time I feel mildly sick and icky all day long but then there are some days where it is way worse. I can't wait to feel normal again!! Feeling sick all day long makes the days go sooooo slow.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't get the throwing up, but Ido havethe nauseous feeling pretty much all day. It also feels like Ihave something stuck in my throat. I will say I mentioned it to the NP at my appt on Tues and she told me to start taking Vit B6. I don't know if that is what is helping or just getting farther along, but I have felt so much better the last 2 days. Not great, but definitely better!
April 11th, 2013, 11:27 AM
robynpuff79's Avatar Veteran
I have only thrown up once, but I have felt barfy on and off, usually all day, but some days it goes away. It's gotten worse this week - week 10 - for some reason. I came thisclose to throwing up at work today. It's so hard to figure out what to eat. I ended up going with a buttered bagel for lunch.

April 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM
bumbleboo12's Avatar Super Mommy
My doctor said I can take B6 and unisom together, and that is the best cure for M/S. Problem is I work full time and cannot take a sleep aid at work I just want to be able to eat normally and not feel like I am gambling everytime I take a bite of something. I pray every night that the next day I wake up and say, "oh I feel great today!" lol
StacieRN likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethchallis View Post
Teamnick my doc said last week to let her know if I need anything for m/s I'm like are you kidding me? Why didn't you say that with Ds before??? I lost weight too!
My exact words last time were "Are you kidding me?" I could not believe I had been throwing up for months and he had a pill to make it stop. Same thing with heartburn. It was horrible for months then in month 8 he was all "I can give you medication, why didn't you say anything earlier".

Silly doctors. This time I am asking for meds right away.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

April 11th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Super Mommy
I called and asked specifically for Zofran my doc said no problem. It has saved my life! I actually ate tpday and enjoyed it. Call your soc. There is no reason to suffer

April 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I am totally right there with you! I feel like a total wreck of a person from morning until night. It really sucks, because most of my usual hobbies involve being on the computer, but now if I look at a computer screen for too long I get even more nauseous and headache-y. So all of my former modes of stress relief are also out the window.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
April 11th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleboo12 View Post
My doctor said I can take B6 and unisom together, and that is the best cure for M/S. Problem is I work full time and cannot take a sleep aid at work I just want to be able to eat normally and not feel like I am gambling everytime I take a bite of something. I pray every night that the next day I wake up and say, "oh I feel great today!" lol
I work full time too, and I totally understand your concern. I take 1/2 a unisom in the AM and 1/2 in the evening (12 hrs apart) At first they made me really drowsy and I couldn't take the 1/2 on the nights I worked...but I have totally gotten over the drowsiness they cause and take them all the time now with no problems or drowsiness as a side effect. The problem with unisom is that it's kind of a cumulative effect. So if you skip a pill it doesn't work as well as when you take it consistently. Also Unisom is a drug that helps fall asleep, not stay asleep...so the drowsiness side effects only last for about an hr and then it's over. But it certainly does help with the ms! I hope you find some relief!
bumbleboo12 and lil_fishy like this.

April 11th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacieRN View Post
I work full time too, and I totally understand your concern. I take 1/2 a unisom in the AM and 1/2 in the evening (12 hrs apart) At first they made me really drowsy and I couldn't take the 1/2 on the nights I worked...but I have totally gotten over the drowsiness they cause and take them all the time now with no problems or drowsiness as a side effect. The problem with unisom is that it's kind of a cumulative effect. So if you skip a pill it doesn't work as well as when you take it consistently. Also Unisom is a drug that helps fall asleep, not stay asleep...so the drowsiness side effects only last for about an hr and then it's over. But it certainly does help with the ms! I hope you find some relief!
Interesting. I have never heard of taking unisom. Is it to prevent actual throwing up? Because Im not doing that. I just feel constantly nauseous.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My days are getting better but nights still stink
April 11th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz253 View Post
Interesting. I have never heard of taking unisom. Is it to prevent actual throwing up? Because Im not doing that. I just feel constantly nauseous.
No it's for nausea as well. It is not taking my nausea completely away...I am still really sick. But I am normally hospitalized around this time in my pregnancies for hyperemesis and I am no where near that sick this time.

The unisom that you want is the one containing doxylamine and no other ingredients. There are several kinds out there including one with benadryl. But those aren't the ones for ms. I supplement with reglan and that is helping tremendously.

April 11th, 2013, 09:38 PM
NapturalBritton's Avatar Veteran
I'm on Zofran. I tried everything from the B6 on and nothing helped. I still vomit, but I think that's usually when I overeat. I don't take the Zofran everyday just when the nausea is really kicking my butt, but lately I've been using it less and less. I think this week I've taken 3? Hopefully this is the beginning of the disappearance of my morning sickness altogether! So hopeful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search