Freaking out a little ** Update

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 10:12 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I missed a call from the doctor just now (I had an appointment and exam on Tues.) and all they said was for me to call them back. Of course I tried calling back and no one answered. Now I am sitting here feeling sick and incredibly worried because I have never gotten a follow up call for an appointment ever.

Please, please just call me back...

The doctor finally called back. They said I have a negative blood type and I have to get some kind of shots and I will always have to get them during pregnancies. She didn't explain much to me and I have yet to do some research. Has anyone had this issue? What was it like? It sounded like it could possibly kill your baby if your blood mixed or something, I don't know. I am I about to go into major research mode.

Last edited by slp2012; April 19th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.
April 19th, 2013, 10:37 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would freak me out, too. Let us know when you hear back ASAP. I'm sure everything is fine.

3 beautiful boys, ages 8, 4 and almost 8 months!
Diagnosed with PCOS, conceived first son on first round of Clomid. DS #2 conceived on 2nd round of Clomid, 3rd son conceived on 3rd round of Clomid. TTC #4 through IVF.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again--September 2014?
April 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What did they do at your appointment that you would have results to hear about? That would drive me crazy If no one answered! Hopefully they call you back soon.

Also if something was wrong I would hope they would have called you before today if your appt was on Tuesday.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 19th, 2013, 11:20 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that is your RH factor. I don't completly understand it. But if you have a negative RH factor, you have to get a shot.
April 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what amy said.........

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
April 19th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Veteran
Rhogam shots...Honestly not a HUGE deal....just need to make sure you get one anytime you bleed during pregnancy you will also get a shot sometime late 2nd early 3rd trimester and another when you give birth....it's so that in the future you can have more babies bc if the shots are not given then your body will reject any following pregnancies...
April 19th, 2013, 11:37 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you have any blood work? I had some done maybe that's what they were callin back with? They checked my blood type if you have a certain kind I think they put you on some kind of med so maybe that's it?

Sorry got delayed in sending my response. I agree with what the other ladies said hugs!
April 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had this, but from what I have seen, it's an easy thing to deal with as far as all the things that can happen in pregnancy.
April 19th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rogram shots for negative blood type is automatically given. There is no risk to your current baby, but your body will reject the next if it has positive blood type. My SIL has to get them while pg and then after birth. She's had 4 healthy pg because of the shots. It should be easy to look up online and I know the info is in my pg books! Its super common as everyone with a negative blood type gets them. If you ever have a m/c you will need a shot even if you have it at home vs D&C. I know for hers she had to come in. If the baby has negative blood type its not a concern, but they give the shot routinely to be safe!

April 19th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Thank you, I really appreciate the responses. My husband has a positive blood type, so I guess that just adds to the risk. It wasn't even something that crossed my mind. But I suppose there isn't anything I can do about it and it sounds like the shots do all that's possible to control it.

I guess I will just do my best to put it out of my mind! I haven't had any bleeding thus far, so that's good.
April 19th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Thank you, I really appreciate the responses. My husband has a positive blood type, so I guess that just adds to the risk. It wasn't even something that crossed my mind. But I suppose there isn't anything I can do about it and it sounds like the shots do all that's possible to control it.

I guess I will just do my best to put it out of my mind! I haven't had any bleeding thus far, so that's good.
April 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't go in to freak out mode. All you have to do is get the shot. My friend had this and all four of her kids are fine. I'm glad that was all it was !

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 19th, 2013, 12:47 PM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am Rh negative.

I was worried about this with my first baby, but it has caused me no issues. Please though, know when you have to get your Rhogam shot. You need one at 28 weeks, and also before you leave the hospital when you give birth. You also need to tell your doctor if you experience ANY bleeding, because they will probably give you one then. The shot after birth is very important, because it will protect your future children.

I had to remind my nurses at the hospital with BOTH babies before I left, so be sure you are aware of it!! Let me know if you have any other questions.
slp2012 likes this.

3 beautiful boys, ages 8, 4 and almost 8 months!
Diagnosed with PCOS, conceived first son on first round of Clomid. DS #2 conceived on 2nd round of Clomid, 3rd son conceived on 3rd round of Clomid. TTC #4 through IVF.

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again--September 2014?
April 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm RH neg and don't freak out. You get one part way through pregnancy and one after the baby is born, but only if the baby is rh+. You also get one if you miscarry. It isn't a big deal and is super common. Surprisingly both my mom and mil are rh- and all of our hubby's are rh+... so opposites attract I'm not sure why you would need one so early or why they would make it sound like the world is ending.

April 19th, 2013, 02:12 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
Im so glad its nothing serious. Dont worry and dont google! Google will just make you worry! Its super common and no big deal. Lots and Lots of people have to get them

April 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Lauruh's Avatar Mommy to Miss. Fusspot
Send a message via AIM to Lauruh
I'm A- so I get that shot too Don't worry
slp2012 likes this.

April 19th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys. It's reassuring knowing there are others in the same situation and that everything should be fine!
April 19th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad it's nothing serious!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
April 19th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rogham shot. I'm AB - and have to get a shot with pregnancy and after every miscarriage I've had.
April 20th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
I am A- as well and so I get the shots too. I got them with my daughter 11 years ago as well. But make sure that you tell your doctor if you are having any cramping that doesn't seem normal because they will give it to you for that as well. I got mine early this time for cramping even though there has been no bleeding.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search