The team GREEN debate!

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By daneeleigh
  • 2 Post By LuckyCharm

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 10:22 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
Who will for sure do team green? Who has done it with previous pregnancy?
Has anyone found out but kept it secret to the rest of the world? (How did. That go without slipping?)

I'm in such a debate this is our last addition... With the first 2 we had to find out just couldn't do it (and didn't bother trying team green)... This time especially since I have one of each I'd like to do something different... But hubby already refuses and says he really doesn't want team green.
Should I try to let him just know? But I have a feeling it may slip? .., we both find out but not tell anyone till baby is born (which seems so far a most likely option?) I know I'll try to guess with my 12 week scan I can't help it! Lol

Or if we do tell actually do the gender reveal root?

With Victoria my u/s was on my bday so at the restaurant with family and friends I played a game that ppl had to vote guess what I was having and just blurted out after that it was a girl...
With Hayden we just started calling ppl after the u/s that it was a boy!

Would just like something different and memorable this time and I don't think there is any convincing DH to do the full on team green.. And I'm totally gonna wanna guess! Haha

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

April 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to do a gender reveal at Nikos 1st bday

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

April 20th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We did team green with both girls and will do it again with this one. Loved the surprise!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
April 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM
seaside's Avatar Veteran
I am way too curious I could never handle team green EVER. (I was curious even before the BFP )
In fact I wish I knew already
I think it's great if that's what you & DH want, but regardless of when u find out - in or out it's magical.

I know w/DS the U/S DR. just blurted it out and I squealed so loud BOY?? (totally embarrassing and unexpected and the DR. got this look of horror on her face and she said "u wanted to know right?" thinking she made a mistake telling us... In any case she was really sweet and totally said it out of excitement since it was sooo out there and obvious even though it was only week 13 (he was never shy about showing his manly-hood just his face lol)

In any case don't feel bad if DH doesn't share your team green approach, try to come to a mutually acceptable compromise.

April 20th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we've been on team green for all 3 kiddos so far and will do the same this time around. I love how the excitement/anticipation of who you will meet at the brith grows for the whole 9 months. I have seen a lot of women get down/sad during the 2nd half of the pregnancy and just antsy about the birth, but have lost some of the excitement after finding out.

I am bonded to my baby even if I don't know the gender or call him/her by name until the birth. I can still be prepared for the baby too! There aren't too many things a baby REALLY needs.

We feel there are so few true surprises in the world and this is one of those special surprises!
April 20th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
This one is my last and I do not want to know before it's born! We found out with our first, so this way we'll get to experience both ways. I actually have a hard time understanding the absolute urgent need to know that everyone seems to have. I get really wanting to know, because I want to know too! But we'll all find out eventually

Maybe you should both make lists of pros and cons of each. It might help to write it down and see the other's perspective.

April 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was all okay with not finding out this time around, but for budget reasons....we will be finding out so we can plan for what is needed through garage sale season

April 20th, 2013, 07:33 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My very first baby, 21yrs ago, was a team green. But not by choice, u/s's were only given for high risk. I found out for my next 6 babys. I REALLY WANT TEEM GREEN again, Im going to try so hard, lol. I could care less boy/girl, as I have ALOT of each, lol. I just want that pure excitement one more time! It is the biggest rush at birth, besides the birth itself!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
These are definitely the last and I'm going semi-team green. I'm goign to find out but no one else will know until the babies shower.

Introducing the Minis

April 20th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thought about it but I am so obsessed now that I need to know! I'm already stalking etsy for girl and boy items, and since I had 3 boys in a row if this is a girl I'm going to go overboard and everything is going to be pink . Not that I'm not going to go overboard if its a boy, it will have all of the same stuff, just not pink.

April 21st, 2013, 02:07 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have found out with 4 out of 6 so far. We do not gender reveal. We keep it a secret between the two of us until the birth. Generally we do a really good job of it!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
April 21st, 2013, 05:59 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar LOVE my GiRL & BoyS! <3
I think hubby and I will most likely do semi-green.. Either just him or both of us find out the gender.. But will not reveal it till the baby is born. And probably won't tell ppl either that we know what it is so that its less likely they bug it out of us! Lol...

Hubby's argument to find out mainly is he'd like to do the room before the baby is born (and we're both not into making a gender neutral room) ... Although I usually do the designing and decorating of the rooms hubby does the painting and putting all the shelves, molding or whatever on the wall for me. I get this and also I love painting wooden letters of the name and I know it'll be more of pain after this kiddo is already born...

I was thinking hy maybe since gender reveal.. But at least this way ppl won't think we know the sex so they won't bug is as much this we would "reveal" and I wouldn't want it to slip..

Hubby seems happy to just not say till baby is born but he wants to know.. So I think we're now in agreement! Semi-green it is!

So exciting!!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my Beautiful Siggy!

April 21st, 2013, 02:02 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I WAS team green but I've already failed and decided to find out. I'm happy with either result but I'm hoping for a girl and don't want to go 9 months thinking it could be a girl when it was a boy the whole time. If we had one of each I could do it. Hopefully with our next one.
LuckyCharm likes this.
April 21st, 2013, 04:24 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneeleigh View Post
I WAS team green but I've already failed and decided to find out. I'm happy with either result but I'm hoping for a girl and don't want to go 9 months thinking it could be a girl when it was a boy the whole time. If we had one of each I could do it. Hopefully with our next one.
Same for me here! I'm afraid of my reaction at the hospital if i deliver a boy after hoping it was a girl for the whole 9 months. I'd be happy with another boy, but would like to know asap so I stop hoping for a girl.
daneeleigh and lil_fishy like this.

April 21st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can honestly say that when my 2nd son was born, I only had some disappointment for about 5 seconds! The second I got to hold him it ALL disappeared and was excited to have 2 boys!
April 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
babydaniel09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be team green this time I was really glad that I found out I was having a girl last time as I bought everything pink and did her room right up with pinks, but now that we have everything for both sexes, I want the surprise, it's the best one in life ) Hubby really wants to be team green as well.
Mommy to Matthew, Mason, and Mikayla, #4 due to arrive nov 27 2013

April 22nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Team Green here! This is my last one so I really want the surprise!

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

April 22nd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Super Mommy
Haven't decided yet. I'm thinking about it this time. We did it with #1 and #3. My biggest hangup is with this baby being a surprise, I have NOTHING. I have gotten rid of all my boy clothing up to 4T and all my girl up to 6m. And I know with #1 that I had bought a lot of gender neutral stuff but then once she was here, that stuff didn't get worn. So if we do it, I'm going to get some boy and girl stuff in Nov and just return what I don't use. I"m a deal shopper so it will be hard lol

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search