Cancelled our trip

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By LABs
  • 3 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 11:10 AM
The Aubrey's Avatar cw. piffle snot
So...after we had trouble ttc last year and gave up, defeated and frustrated, we decided to book our first family trip for Disney. We were scheduled to fly out on 11/2 and return on 11/9. There's no way that was gonna happen being so close to my due date. I booked on 2/13 which just so happened to be the date of my lmp....wish I had known that then!! I booked everything through Disney, and purchased trip insurance. I just cancelled this morning, Disney cancelled fine, and I have to file a claim with the trip insurance company for airfare. The lady at Disney assured me that they'd process the claim and I'd get a refund for airfare. Well, the insurance company wasn't so confident. She said that pregnancy isn't covered unless there is "complications with pregnancy". ugh. I told her that I was considered a high-risk pregnancy and had to have an emergency c-section with my last baby. She said that doesn't really matter, it all depends on what your doctor writes on the paperwork.

I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we don't get the airfare refunded. It works out to just over 2k (for 5 of us) which we could use on the basement renovation this summer, but we can easily use the tickets to travel to my fathers this summer instead. I'd much rather get the money back though.

Anyone have any experience with this??

April 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no that's not a small chunk of change to lose. Is there any way to could just move the trip up, so it's not right around your due date? And I'm sure if you ask your doctor they would write you an excuse to get your money back, I know mine would.

April 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM
megpie
Definitely ask your dr to help you out! You don't want to lose out on the $$$.

Glad you bought trip insurance!
April 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww that sucks! I'd ask your doctor to write something, and if that doesn't work, try to move the trip up

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
April 20th, 2013, 11:36 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what everybody eelse said

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
April 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks ladies! We've thought about moving the trip up, but I just don't think that'll work for us (time off, etc.). I'm hoping that my doctor will know what to write to help us get the money back!

April 20th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They won't allow you on the plane! At 37 weeks the risk is too high and no one wants to see your baby born in the air! Your Dr. will be able to cover you so you can get a refund.
The Aubrey, shana1979 and Txmom4 like this.

April 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you can get it all worked out!
April 20th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I was going to mention that you'll be within the birthing window so they should be able to nix the tix for that reason alone.

Introducing the Minis

April 20th, 2013, 06:17 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your not supposed to fly in the 3rd trimester AT ALL. That means after 27ish weeks, its a no no. When you purchase insurance for cancelation, Im shocked they even have a policy like that.. Canceling for any reason when you purchase insurance should mean you dont need a reason!
The Aubrey, shana1979 and Txmom4 like this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 21st, 2013, 05:58 AM
I couldn't believe it either! The airline's policy is that after 36 weeks you need a note from your doctor dated within 72 hrs of flying that it's okay to fly. Hopefully that will save me. Even if he gave me the okay to fly at 37 weeks before we left, it would be impossible for me to get a note from him from Florida for the flight back at 38 weeks.

April 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sure your dr would refuse to let you go anyway!

Momof6lopez, that's inaccurate, most Dr.s and airlines will let you fly until 35/36w with an uncomplicated pregnancy.

Mommy to five wonderfully crazy kids
DD10, DS8, DS7, DS5 and DD 18m
Expecting Baby #6 EDD 12/3/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search