Animals?

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any animals?

We do not, Im not an animal person and im pretty terrified of dogs, however my brother is in the army and his dog lives at my parents and hes a pitbull. This dog use to scare me to death, but one day my dh and I were play fighting and he almost attacked my DH, he had to leave the room and then the dog wouldnt leave my side. Now he follows the kids around, and if he thinks someone is hurting them he goes crazy, DH cant hold the kids or hardly touch them without the dog wigging out. Not to mention the dog is a beast, he weighs 85lbs and he thinks hes a lap dog. He jumped in my bed twice and the other day he tried to sit on my lap lol.

May 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pits used to be called nanny dogs because of their protective nature. We have a lab and she is my baby. I absolutely love her she is my child she is very excited to be a big sister LOL
The Aubrey and Christina642 like this.
May 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not anymore. We had a German Shepherd for 7.5 years, then gave her to my ILs because she was getting into too much trouble (ripping screens, barking anytime the windows were open) We knew it was from lack of attention but also couldn't see not going places with the kids because of the dog. My ILs already had 2 shephers, so she had playmates. She died about a year after being with them though.

My boys are desperate for chicks, although they said we'd have to get rid of them when they turn into "real" chickens. And our daughter wants a kitty and a bunny. Almost every morning she takes a carrot out to the front walkway and leaves it for the bunnies. We told them maybe by next spring we'll be in a position to get something, right now we just don't have the time to get the right stuff set up for them to have them.
May 7th, 2013, 12:50 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a bunny. We would love to have a dog, but the place we live does not allow them. Actually, they don't allow bunnies either, but our bunny is much easier to conceal. Oops, hehe.
May 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 2 outdoor cats and 2 dogs, a 2yr old Jack Russell and a 5 month old Black Lab/German shepherd Mix.
The Aubrey likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
We have 2 cats and a dog, but honestly we will probably be finding the dog a new home. We had our cats first, and they have not gotten over having a dog in the house. It's been 6 months and they still hide upstairs, still run when they hear her, still freak out if she gets too close. It's not fair to them.

May 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 2 kitties. We used to have turtles. And I've been promising to get another fish for my daughter for a while (last one died a while back).

May 7th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Super Mommy
3 dogs (a deaf 150lb 15month old great dane, a black lab and boston terrier) 1 cat and 7 horses...I love my animals and they are all so great with the kids!

Our Tobianne 10/24/13

DS # 1 Jacob is 7 years old
DS # 2 Austin is 3 years old
May 7th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 2 cats. It was 3, but hubby's childhood kitty died this past winter.

10 weeks

May 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
We have 3 dogs. Daisy is our pure bred mini daschund. Maxter is our chiwinnie (half Chihuahua, half mini daschund) and Harvey is our mut (half daschund, half beagle).

We also breed rabbits for extra money and meat so we have 12 atm.

We are also getting laying hens for fresh eggs. We are slowly turning into a farm. We have our own garden too.
May 7th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Erin1826's Avatar Super Mommy
2 dogs (both 6 yo, both rescued mutts), 2 cats (7 yo from a feral litter, 12+ yo who was found almost dead at a circle k), 2 rats, a bunch of fish, and a box turtle. i'm a huge sucker for homeless animals. we have way too many.
Angelgirl30 likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have an outside dog and a little chihuahua

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolicemansCowgirl View Post
3 dogs (a deaf 150lb 15month old great dane, a black lab and boston terrier) 1 cat and 7 horses...I love my animals and they are all so great with the kids!
7 horses?????? I have two and am the only one that rides. Well sometime the kids but not very often. What kind of horses do you have.

Lets see. I have 4 kids and #5 on the way lmao. Ok really lmao. I have 11 chickens. 2 horses. 2 dogs (a lab and a doxie) 2corn snakes. and a bearded dragon. The snakes are my husbands and the lizard is my 7 year olds. The chickens we just got this year so there still little and not laying yet. My horses are my babies. I tell my husband I could get rid of everything except the horses and the chickens and be happy lmao.

May 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a cat Arnold and a rescue mutt Kingston. Arnold has been my faithful and constant companion for ten years now. I love him more than most people to be honest. There is nothing like cuddling with him
May 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I have really bad allergies + asthma to both dogs and cats so we have...a hamster!

I also realllllllly want a sugar glider (or two!) and am trying to talk the hubby into it, but not anytime soon with a baby on the way now.

May 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is a sugar glider? Sounds fun!
May 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Super Mommy
We have 2 cats and it's more than enough lol!

May 7th, 2013, 07:47 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
We have 4 dogs, 4 cats, one bearded dragon, a mud turtle and a red eared slider. Haha and 3 goldfish. I love my animals, they all get along great, and I couldn't imagine our lives without them.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
May 7th, 2013, 09:19 PM
HappyBabyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have one cat and one dog. If I had my way we would have a thousand cats, but DH won't allow it as soon as we get into a house we would like to get one more cat and one more dog. Hubby really wants a puppy.

May 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have two cats right now....an 8yr old Lynx point siamese, and a 7yr old Calico....we need to get rid of the Calico in a bad way, and may soon have to just take her to the humane society

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search