I've made a decision

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
to go through adoption. A good friend of mine is open to the idea of an open adoption with visitation and frequent updates.

Just gotta get my ex on board.

But I'm really at peace with that decision. It's all I had on my mind this morning when I woke up and yesterday when we talked about her adopting them.

Introducing the Minis

May 8th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Super Mommy
This must have been a hard decision to make. We'll be supportibg you in your choices. You have to go with what sounds right to you. Hugs.

May 8th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((hugs))

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 8th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sure that wasn't an easy decision to come to. Best of luck with the whole process.
May 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are here to support you
May 8th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Angelgirl30's Avatar Super Mommy
I have to say that I admire your strength in this decision. Making the choice for adoption is not something that a lot of people could do but it truly shows selflessness. I love the idea that it will be open and have frequent updates! Just make sure that you find an attorney to make sure that everyone's needs and concerns are written on paper! Hugs and cheers to you! Much support your way whenever needed!
seaside and Books_kids like this.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!!!

May 8th, 2013, 06:03 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
[hugs] That has to be a tough decision, but we are here to support you.

May 8th, 2013, 06:08 AM
AmyKC12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an amazingly brave decision to make. I'm sure it was not easy. Hugs and prayers to you as you go through this process.
May 8th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that you made a decision that your at peace with. We are here for you.

May 8th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
That must have been such a difficult decision to have to make, but being at peace with it means it was the right one. I hope everything goes smoothly with your ex!

May 8th, 2013, 07:26 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Huge Hug to you. That has to be an extremely hard and brave choice to make. I am glad you are comfortable in it and an open situation sounds perfect. Hopefully your ex gets on board with it quickly as well.

May 8th, 2013, 04:16 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that you made a decision that is best for you and your baby.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

May 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a difficult but loving decision! I am glad you will still be able to get updates and interaction with them. Open adoptions are really wonderful. A friend of mine who had been unable to get pregnant just adopted her son last month, and it has been such a joy for all involved. Keeping you in my prayers!

May 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it is wonderful of you to consider that it is a tough choice and all of us will be behind you

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
May 8th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Super Mommy
Your child is blessed to have you as the one to birth them. All the best.
May 8th, 2013, 09:31 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a blessing, what a gift you are giving both your babies and this new family. May god watch over all over you and give you the strength to full fill this dream to this family. Definitely here to support you sweetheart.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 8th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful choice! I know you've been struggling with this and I think you are making a wonderful plan for your babies! Will your friend be able to go to drs appts with you and be a part of the pg?

May 9th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgirl30 View Post
Just make sure that you find an attorney to make sure that everyone's needs and concerns are written on paper!
DITTO! Having an impartial 3rd party there to work out the details will be a crucial part of the process. Good luck!!!
May 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, he said yes-- a little too easily for my taste but whatever.

My friend lives in Utah and I live in Miami.

My mom asked me to wait until September before doing any paperwork so I told her I would. I don't know what waiting is supposed to do but at least it will make it look like I thought it over long and hard (which I already did). Maybe she's hoping I'll get attached by the time they move but I have never been attached while pregnant before and this situation is not wholly different from the other two. Just hope The Minis don't pop up early.

Introducing the Minis

May 10th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in Utah! I'm sorry she won't be able to be there more for the pg! It is very hard to adopt here. There are way more wonderful parents wanting babies then available ones to care for! Years of waiting and failed adoptions for couples. Most of the adoptive families I know went out of state or out of the country for their children!

I'm glad that the father isn't putting up a fight. Its a blessing, but I can understand the hurt of not going through the soul searching you've been through. Get him to legally terminate his rights, but once the babies are in Utah, he will have no rights at all! You don't need the birth fathers permission for adoption here. Its very sad and not right, but birth fathers have no rights in Utah. Even if the father wants the child, the birth mother can choose adoption without his permission.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search