Let's talk about the scale

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you been weighing yourself?

or ?

Are you concerned about weight gain(or loss if you've been sick) during your pregnancy?
May 10th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I weighed 174 yesterday at my appts. I doubt I'll step on my own scale much until I get further along.

My only fear at the moment is not eating healthy enough. I'll worry about what I'm gaining once I hit the 190 mark - lol.

May 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At my last appointment I was 164. Every time I weigh myself at home, I go back and forth between 164 and 165. I gained a few pounds right before I got pregnant, so I'm not sure what my beginning weight was, but I'm thinking it was somewhere around 160. The good thing is it's been three weeks since my last appointment and I don't seem to have gained any weight. If I can stay below 180 this time around I would be really happy. Last time I gained 25 lbs and I never really lost it all.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 10th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Nicole B's Avatar Mega Insane Mommy
I started this pregnancy at 117 and I'm currently sitting at 125 @ almost 15 weeks. I think that's alright? An 8 lb gain? Probably not ideal but not terrible. *shrug*

May 10th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm down 15 now, but the loss has really slowed. Depends on how many good and bad days I have in a row. Hope to feel better in a month or 2.
May 10th, 2013, 07:56 AM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't weighed myself since April 29th (12 wks 0 days) because I haven't been to the gym since then...oops. But I started out at 132lbs and at that weigh in I was 133.4, so 1.4 lbs difference. My normal pants had to be unbuttoned to be comfortable at that point and now they are back to being kind of loose, so I imagine my weight has gone down as well even though I eat like a hog and haven't worked out almost two weeks. ??
May 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gained too much but Im more concerned with controlling my diabetes right now. I am not eating as much as I was in the beginning so thats good.

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
May 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Started at 119 and yesterday was 131. Eek.
May 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM
outtheblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I've gained too much but the midwife said it was fine...actually "good". I think I started off at like 155 and I last weighed in at 169...but minus a couple of pounds for clothes and shoes, so I guess like 167. It just seems like too much, but I dunno. I'm tall so it spreads out more evenly, but it's really showing in my butt and hips. Ugh!!

May 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've lost 5lbs. This last month. I have been fighting with the MS so I'm sure that's why

May 10th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I have not. My scale is wonky, I don't trust it. But I also don't really trust the scale at the birth center either At my first appointment I was 149lbs (which seemed WAY high to me) and then at my last one 3 weeks later I was 144lbs, which seems more plausible. I was originally going to count my weight at that first appt as my "starting weight" but it was so off I don't know anymore. I might just say 140lbs and call it close enough.

So I've gained about 4lbs... or lost 5lbs... or gained 9lbs and then lost 5lbs... however you want to calculate

May 10th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I weigh myself every day. So far I am down 1-2 lbs, but I wish it were more like I did with my daughter since I gain more than average near the end!

My weight gain was WAY high with my boys (50-60lbs) and then I gained less than 20 lbs with my daughter (I lost 15 in the beginning, then gained it back + the almost 20). Ironically though, my weight a week or so after delivery was nearly the same with all of them -even though I was a good 25-30 lbs heavier at the end with my boys-I had A LOT of water weight with them.

Unfortunately I am one of the unlucky ones and never lose while BFing, so I really need to be careful with what I weigh, especially since I never lost as much as I wanted to after my daughter. It's so much harder to lose as you get older! I even trained for and ran a 1/2 marathon after having her and in that 4 month process lost maybe 2 lbs.
May 10th, 2013, 09:57 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am actually down about 3lb from my start weight....I carry a bit too much weight so I am on a total 0-10lb gain order from my OB....so I am just fine with being down a little

May 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a scale, but at the doc I hadn't gained any. I need to start on a "diet" because I usually gain quite a bit and I am so over weight this time that I am terrified to gain any. Like Kris, I don't lose weight breast feeding. I usually lose the weight or most of it pretty quickly, then breast feeding makes me eat like a beast so I gain it all bad (and then some )

May 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM
mindyjean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Started pregnancy at 105, up to 117 last week. I have a history of an eating disorder, so weight HAS been an issue for me, just never when pregnant. I gained 40 with both previous pregnancies, doctor wants me to gain 40 again this time, too. Doing good so far!

Cycle #1: Antagonist protocol. 150 mL of bravelle and menopur for 8 days. Added ganirelix 2 days before ER and triggered with lupron and pregnyl.

13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 2 made it to day 6, both abnormals. No transfer.

We will cycle again-stims start September 6, 2014!
May 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Veteran
I'm definitely gaining weight and my doctor seems to think that's a good thing. (They say it's important to gain weight early with twins since you don't tend to carry them as long.) However, I was overweight to begin with so I worry about gaining too much. But the minimum I've been told for me is 5 pounds a month and my doctor is urging me more towards 50 total. So far, I think I've gained about 10 or so pounds, which seems crazy, but I'm just trying to focus on getting enough food in there for the kiddos.
May 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
I've gained about 5 so far which I'm pretty happy with cause last time I was closer to 15 at this point

May 10th, 2013, 01:41 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gained 3lbs so far which I'm not thrilled about because I piled the weight on bad at the end last time. I could barely eat in my third trimester because my stomach was so squished. I ended up gaining 40lbs which I lost but I'd like to stay under a 30lbs gain. We shall see.
May 10th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know my starting weight. I was stress eating because of my losses and nervous about going to an RE. So I know I was heavier than I wanted to be. At my last appointment I was 165 I think and I'm 5'8. Im not too concerned about how much I gain but after the baby I hope to eat healthy and exercise to get back to 140.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
May 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Veteran
I've gained about 4, and that's WITH exercising every day by walking or using my elliptical. Was hoping not to gain any yet. But I feel pretty healthy, and I'm still 10 lb lower than when I got pregnant with my son.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search