ER Visit

Forum: November 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To November 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you been able to get ahold of your doctor yet?
I know your really worried about the bleeding, and I would be too, but just wanted to let you know about my experience. At about 10 weeks with my YDS, I had a small amount of bleeding off and on then one day I took a nap and when I woke up there was blood everywhere, it scared the daylights out of me. I had a SCH, I'm not sure how big it was but it did go away. My doctor didnt even put me on total bedrest, I think I just had to take it easy and no sex. I think baby #4 just likes to keep everyone on their toes, I know mine did!

May 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i hope everything is ok hun, im looking for an update. im sorry your gooing through this, everything about pregnancy is scary enough as it is

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
May 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
seaside's Avatar Veteran
How are u feeling? Have u been to the dr. yet?

May 13th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I called and had a follow up today with the midwife, and she really didn't do or tell me anything I already didn't know. When I asked how I could have been misdiagnosed, her explanation was that though really rare, a complete placenta previa could possibly move completely out of the way in just 9 days, which seems like a load of BS to me. She basically told me I didn't need to be monitored by u/s, just watch for bleeding. I already have my NT u/s next Tuesday, so they are going to be really thorough and check on what is really going on. I am kinda up in the air about what to do. I guess I could stay with them and just really have to push to be monitored, or I can start all over again in my search for another OB that is willing to let me VBAC as long as the complications clear up. Frustrated, but just taking things day by day. DH took the day off from work next week so he can go the appt with me, and I guess he and I will discuss what we are going to do after that. SCH Mommies, are there any other specific questions I should ask the OB?

May 13th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had placenta previa with my first pg and a SCH with this one. I have been monitored for both and my obs are honestly very relaxed and not into unnecessary testing that seems very common in other areas. I did not have a complete placenta previa and it took months to move up! I can't remember now as it was 12 yrs ago, but I remember several monthly u/s to check on it. I got spoiled seeing my baby monthly.

I'm being seen every two weeks for the SCH. I'm not sure if its the normal schedule or because of having twins with a SCH. I'm to call and come in immediately if I have bleeding. I haven't had any so far. The SCH is on top/front of the babies. My OB is very relaxed and super positive. He's only been concerned when I tested positive for preterm labor in my last pg.

I'd ask for monitoring and put myself on as much rest as possible. With as much rest as I can manage and control of the normal uterine contractions, my SCH healed 50% in two weeks. I go back tomorrow to see how its looking/healing.

May 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM
seaside's Avatar Veteran
If you don't feel comfortable/trust your OB, you should ask around. It's still early enough that you have 28 weeks to go w/a new OB that you won't be questioning at every turn.

Rest up and stay hydrated! I hope next Tuesday will be a great scan for you!

May 13th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I would probably be looking into getting a new doctor, even though that would be a pain. 9 days doesn't seem realistic to me (then again, I'm no doctor! )

A lot of women aren't even seen until 12 weeks, so it's still really early in the game.

Keep resting! Did the bleeding stop?
May 13th, 2013, 08:12 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you HAVE to feel comfertable with your dr its your call though but this is the person your trusting your pregnancy with, your baby when it is born... its a big leap of faith. If you go in there, and lay out your concerns and tell them "listen i am VERY concerned about this, i NEED you to talk to me about it," instead of letting them brush you off, you may get a better result. Unforuntately i had to demand answers last time (with DS2) and refused to leave the dr office until he helped me. He sighed and sat down instead of rushing me through.

They either havent been through it themselves or dont see their pregnancies the way we, who have no medical knowledge do.... remind them, you aree only human, and your little one is growing inside of you , and you need to be reassured of things because even though your baby isnt born yet, your still a worrying mother <3

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
May 14th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Regular
Thinking of you. Hope everything settles down for you so you can enjoy and relax throughout your pg.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search